shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of dog do you have?

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
D

Deactivated member 42515

Dogs are so great~! lets see more of our babies!

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Lilyfoot- I love chugs!! Yours is too cute, Ill see what I can do about posting pics..

MagsyMay- Iknow, I know, my hubby is lame sometimes
16.gif
, I think he just worries that if I post pics/combined with certain info I post, someone in the fam might know it was me if they stumbled upon this site. On a different note, dobermans are WONDERFUL. If you do get one, you wont regret it. Hubs and I have already said we will never be without one again.

I will try hard to post pics.
1.gif

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everyone''s dogs!!!! I have a yellow lab named Cowboy, he is so sweet!

cowboypic1.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love everyone''s pets! They''re adorable! We''d love to get a dog some day but for now, we just have 2 cats.

D

Deactivated member 42515

oh my goodness... look at the face on that lab! sooo adorable! my springer makes the same face! our babies are so adorable arent they?

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
I love dog pics! We have two Great Pyrenees. Here''s Maizey:

p1_maizey_grass2.jpg

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
And this is Murray:

p1_murray_grass2.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

i love great pyrenees! they are so big and gentle! love them! your''s are so handsome!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
My doggie is a retriever. I have a lot of photos of her on here but I''ll try and post an updated one later.

Date: 12/15/2009 10:03:48 PM
Author: kenny
Ours are Shi-Tzu and Chihuahua mix.

We rescued these two sisters and they are the love of our lives.

OHMIFREAKINGGOD.... I just died these two are soooooo cuuuuuuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee ....

I have always had yellow labs. My dog had to be put down in June... I don''t know when/if I will get another dog. I can''t handle the loss of another pet right now.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
a pug, named Braxton... here he is in his Christmas shirt from last year

Braxton Christmas 1a.JPG

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 6:55:19 PM
Author: junebug17
I love everyone's dogs!!!! I have a yellow lab named Cowboy, he is so sweet!
ohmigosh i want to cuddle with this dog! he is CUTE!
30.gif

ETA: And his name rocks!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
AWWWW...Everyone''s doggies are just PRECIOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

So many beautiful babies - and all so clearly loved, what a lovely Holiday thread
9.gif
9.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a cavalier king charles spaniel named Rip - they are an amazingly snuggly yet hearty breed for a small dog. he chases the ball for hours!

since it''s holiday time, here''s his xmas photo from years ago - he wasn''t thrilled about it, but i was!
9.gif

xmasforrip.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry that was so big! He also came with us to our engagement photo session, and as you would expect, ended up stealing the show!

ripandhisball.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2009 6:20:13 AM
Author: swedish bean
Date: 12/15/2009 10:03:48 PM
Author: kenny
Ours are Shi-Tzu and Chihuahua mix.
We rescued these two sisters and they are the love of our lives.
OHMIFREAKINGGOD.... I just died these two are soooooo cuuuuuuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee ....

Don''t die till you see these. Click

D

Deactivated member 42515

Date: 12/18/2009 12:07:38 PM
Author: violet3
Sorry that was so big! He also came with us to our engagement photo session, and as you would expect, ended up stealing the show!
i love it!!!! such a GREAT picture!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2009 9:31:22 AM
Author: lilyfoot

Date: 12/17/2009 6:55:19 PM
Author: junebug17
I love everyone''s dogs!!!! I have a yellow lab named Cowboy, he is so sweet!
ohmigosh i want to cuddle with this dog! he is CUTE!
30.gif

ETA: And his name rocks!
Aw, thanks lillyfoot! He is nine but still has that cute puppy face!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All these puppies are just so CUTE!!
9.gif

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the dog pics!!!

I''ve posted my dog before, but here is one of him in a Captain Jack Sparrow costume (I think he''s forgiven me now).

Captain Stitch.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have a longhaired mini dachshund named Seamus.

seamusdd.jpg

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Our little girl Bailee Faye is a mix of French and English Bulldog, Am Staff, and Affenpinscher. (According to the DNA test, that is.) She''s the love of our lives.

I wonder: are these DNA test accurate? how are these done? Are they costly.I was always wondering about them?
Anyone knows? Thanks

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We have a Beagweiler and a Bloxer :)

Our boy, Buddy (named Butterfly by our daughter when she was 3) is a Beagle/Rottie mix (the shelter guessed) and our girl, Lilly, is an American Bulldog/Boxer mix off Craigslist.

Both are wonderful dogs, but I must say that temperament-wise, Lilly is the best breed mix we''ve had.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
This is a pic of my family''s late Bernese Mountain Dog named Cosmo. He died a few years ago, but this is a pic from the last Christmas we were able to spend with him. He was really a perfect dog. He was our first dog (they didn''t get him until I was a senior in high school) and since he was so wonderful, my parents just really can''t imagine getting another dog and not having it be so great. I miss him so much.
39.gif

cosmopicforps.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Here we are again. We called him "Cosmo The WonderDog"

cosmopicforps2.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2009 12:06:07 AM
Author: scarleta
Our little girl Bailee Faye is a mix of French and English Bulldog, Am Staff, and Affenpinscher. (According to the DNA test, that is.) She''s the love of our lives.

I wonder: are these DNA test accurate? how are these done? Are they costly.I was always wondering about them?

Anyone knows? Thanks
They claim to be 90% accurate, but who knows for sure. We have friends who had their vet do the tests on both of their dogs twice so they could test the accuracy. For one of the dogs, the second test came back with all of the exact same breeds as the first. For the other, the two major breeds were the same, but some of the secondary breeds were different. Their vet said that was likely the case because there are probably so many mixed breeds in the dog that the test is only going to show a handful of them in the results. Who knows, really.
I believe that they are fairly accurate, yet not accurate enough to be on the market yet if they''re only at 90% accuracy.

Here''s another picture of my sweet little girl:

BaiandMamaPSSSSS.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2009 12:29:13 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
Here we are again. We called him ''Cosmo The WonderDog''
I LOVE bernese mountain dogs! I used to dog sit for one whenever his family went away - he was fabulous :) Sorry for your loss of Cosmo TG.

Haven, Baliee is so stinkin cute!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Date: 12/19/2009 12:29:13 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
Here we are again. We called him ''Cosmo The WonderDog''
oh cosmo... he was so handsome. I''m sorry for your loss. But you know, all dogs go to heaven. I''m so scared of losing my two babies tho. They are only 2 and 3 but I love them so much so it makes me still think about it... But this story really gave me some comfort. Its from CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL: LOVING OUR DOGS

Rites of Passage by Robin Downing, D.V.M.

"Dog''s lives are short. Their only fault, really." - Agnes Sligh Turnbull

Some of the most poignant memories I spend as a veterinarian are those spent with my clients reassuring the transition of my aniaml patients from this world to the next. When living becomes a burden, whther from pain or loss of normal functions, I can help a family by ensuring that their beloved pet has an easy passing. Making this final decision is painful, and I have often felt powerless to comfrot the grieving owners.

That was before I met Shane.

I had been called to examine a ten year old blue heeler named Belker who had devloped a serious health problem. The dog''s owners-Rom, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane- were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle. I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer.

I told the family there were no miracles left for Belker and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home. As we made the arrangements, ROn and Lisa told me they thought it would good for the four year old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt Shane could learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throar as Belker''s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on.

Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The littel boy seemed to accept Belker''s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker''s death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animals lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up. "I know why."

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me- I''d never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said" Everybody is born so they can learn to live a good life- like loving everybody and being nice right?" THe four year old continued, "Well, animals already know how to do that, so they dont have to stay as long."

That took me so long to write... everytime I get sad or scared of the day my babies will leave me.. I read this story and it makes me cry everytime but it also makes me love my girls even more and accept that one of these days... they will be gone and it will be hard... but I have some comfort knowing that they are going to go to doggie heaven...

I hope this story means as much to you as it does to me.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
We have brother and sister mini dachshunds Bonnie and Clyde. They are 10 years old and are inseperable. They are our precious babies!

Lori

BONNIEANDCLYDE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results