shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of diamond ring should I create with the diamonds I have?

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Since I am going out less, I would like to consolidate the diamonds I wear and get more use out of them when wearing them as one.

I have the following round diamonds:
1 carat (mother's solitaire)
.62 carat each, studs GIA cert
.50 bezel pendant GIA cert
.35 bezel pedant - may want to keep this one

Thinking a graduated 5 stone diamond band. Center 1 carat, 2 sides .62, and then would need another .50
All diamonds are F-G and brilliant.

Anyone have pictures of this type of 5 stone ring or other ideas?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size finger do you have? That would be a whopping five stone. What about keeping the studs and pendant, and acquiring another .50ct to make a 3 stone with the 1ct and your current .50ct? That would make a lovely, classic set.

Just for reference, the ring in my avatar is .35, .56, .70, .54, .37, and completely covers my 5.75 finger.

What size finger do you have? That would be a whopping five stone. What about keeping the studs and pendant, and acquiring another .50ct to make a 3 stone with the 1ct and your current .50ct? That would make a lovely, classic set.

Just for reference, the ring in my avatar is .35, .56, .70, .54, .37, and completely covers my 5.75 finger.

To add - if you decide to go this route then I wouldn’t use the 0.5ct stones as the sides but the 0.35ct ones, and keep the 0.5ct as the pendant with the 0.62ct each studs. I think it looks more balanced to the eye.

If you do want a more blingy use for your stones (making it into a 5-stone) I would still not use 0.5 as the last stone but the 0.35, which keeps the sizes more balanced, as Garry said.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm planning to do a 3 stone in the new year with a .95ct center, and 2 x .61 sides. I love those proportions for a 3 stone - very substantial and classic.

Were I you, I'd then do a double drop - the .35 above the .5 - as a pendant. SO nice. The ring and the pendant would be substantial and classic, with a degree of oomph, without being *too* big.

headlight

Ideal_Rock

This is exactly my suggestion. I like having side stones for a 3-stone ring where the sides are half the size of the center stone. And it will less $ to get another half carat than a .65ct. I am not a 5 stone fan. It is more of a band to me rather than an e-ring.

You should keep your studs as studs. And keep your pendant, as well. It’s so classic and “essential” lol to have diamond studs and a diamond solitaire pendant.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was looking at my old posts and months later, I am still thinking of this creation. Thank you for all of your responses and sorry for such an overdue reply.

@Dandi, my finger size is 7.5. I love your ring and it is such inspiration!
Acquiring another .50ct to make a 3 stone ring would really be an easy creation and I can keep the earrings and pendant. Thank you for sharing your sizes, they look so proportional.

@Nut Cut, Thank you, your knowledge on this forum is greatly appreciated. I definitely would want even graduation and love that option of a 5 stone.

@Mrs. B, I cannot wait to see your new creation in the upcoming new year. Thank you for your response, you have a beautiful 3 stone ring.

@headlight, (love your name) Thank you for the reassurance of a 3 stone ring. I feel like after digesting the replies, a 3 stone would an an ideal creation.

Going to IDJ after the holidays and will finalize!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm planning to do a 3 stone in the new year with a .95ct center, and 2 x .61 sides. I love those proportions for a 3 stone - very substantial and classic.

Were I you, I'd then do a double drop - the .35 above the .5 - as a pendant. SO nice. The ring and the pendant would be substantial and classic, with a degree of oomph, without being *too* big.

Just rereading and did not know there was a name for stacking the pendants. But, yes I love wearing the two pendants as a “double drop.”

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Finally got the diamonds out of the safe and took pics. One step closer to creating a 3 stone ring. I think the proportions are good. I do see a color difference in some lighting. I think the ring that is the 1 carat with the .62 carat stone earrings would be the best choice. I have a size 8 finger so I do like the biggest carats for finger coverage. Here are the pics of the diamonds in different lights. (Please excuse bad nails, I have been doing my own gels and just ripped them off.)

Any opinions are welcomed! Also, I have used GOG and ID Jewelry in the past and wondering which one do you suggest? It may be awhile before I get there but I can start planning.
IMG_9577.jpeg IMG_9593.jpeg IMG_9594.jpeg IMG_9595.jpeg

IMG_9577.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results