Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of diamond ring should I create with the diamonds I have?

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Since I am going out less, I would like to consolidate the diamonds I wear and get more use out of them when wearing them as one.

I have the following round diamonds:
1 carat (mother's solitaire)
.62 carat each, studs GIA cert
.50 bezel pendant GIA cert
.35 bezel pedant - may want to keep this one

Thinking a graduated 5 stone diamond band. Center 1 carat, 2 sides .62, and then would need another .50
All diamonds are F-G and brilliant.

Anyone have pictures of this type of 5 stone ring or other ideas?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size finger do you have? That would be a whopping five stone. What about keeping the studs and pendant, and acquiring another .50ct to make a 3 stone with the 1ct and your current .50ct? That would make a lovely, classic set.

Just for reference, the ring in my avatar is .35, .56, .70, .54, .37, and completely covers my 5.75 finger.

What size finger do you have? That would be a whopping five stone. What about keeping the studs and pendant, and acquiring another .50ct to make a 3 stone with the 1ct and your current .50ct? That would make a lovely, classic set.

Just for reference, the ring in my avatar is .35, .56, .70, .54, .37, and completely covers my 5.75 finger.
To add - if you decide to go this route then I wouldn’t use the 0.5ct stones as the sides but the 0.35ct ones, and keep the 0.5ct as the pendant with the 0.62ct each studs. I think it looks more balanced to the eye.

If you do want a more blingy use for your stones (making it into a 5-stone) I would still not use 0.5 as the last stone but the 0.35, which keeps the sizes more balanced, as Garry said.

mrs-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm planning to do a 3 stone in the new year with a .95ct center, and 2 x .61 sides. I love those proportions for a 3 stone - very substantial and classic.

Were I you, I'd then do a double drop - the .35 above the .5 - as a pendant. SO nice. The ring and the pendant would be substantial and classic, with a degree of oomph, without being *too* big.

headlight

Ideal_Rock

This is exactly my suggestion. I like having side stones for a 3-stone ring where the sides are half the size of the center stone. And it will less $ to get another half carat than a .65ct. I am not a 5 stone fan. It is more of a band to me rather than an e-ring.

You should keep your studs as studs. And keep your pendant, as well. It’s so classic and “essential” lol to have diamond studs and a diamond solitaire pendant.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    Fabulous 5 Carat Emerald Cut and More!
    Fabulous 5 Carat Emerald Cut and More!
    Stunning Engagement Ring Upgrade
    Stunning Engagement Ring Upgrade

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.