shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of band to go with my Daussi?? Opinions needed! :)

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Re: What kind of band to go with my Daussi?? Opinions needed

Malbec54|1361449378|3386283 said:
Enerchi|1361416331|3386019 said:
I still prefer a thin single diamond band with it. I like the thinness for sure, but the pave band compliments the pave halo around the 3 stones. Mind you - could look AWESOME with a plain band, but from what you've shown... my vote is still a single pave band. :))

My vote is the single pave band. It adds just the right amount of bling and compliments the setting.
I'm terrible at visualizing, so a plain band "might" look good, but then again it might look "blah" with it and detract from your GORGEOUS ring --- I really like it and it looks perfect on your finger!

Thanks so much! I've always had a soft spot for pave rings :)
I bought one a year before my husband proposed to me, just because I loved the look! I ended up using it as one of my wedding bands!
You can see it pictured at the beginning of the thread.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Nyc2chigal|1361459732|3386399 said:
Enerchi|1361451112|3386299 said:
If you get to try on more options... what about just humouring us and trying on YG or RG pave bands with it? When I tried that ring on at DBL in the fall, you could see colour in the cushions and that was what I loved about it - the contrast between the cushions and the melee. If you tried on bands (plain or pave, since we haven't seen it with plain yet :)) ) why not try out other colours of gold?

I think if you went with a YG or RG band, it would bring out the M diamonds a bit --- if that's something you like. Just a thought...

@ Enerchi, I've thought about that! I love the look of RG with WG.. YG doesn't look good with my skin tone, unfortunately.
I'll go again soon and try some on and take pictures.

BTW, I am going to NYC next weekend. I really hope I can stop by DBL and check out some more of their goodies! :D
oooh!! if you go... take a lot of pics and share the trinkets with us!!!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

Enerchi|1361461936|3386425 said:
If you get to try on more options... what about just humouring us and trying on YG or RG pave bands with it? When I tried that ring on at DBL in the fall, you could see colour in the cushions and that was what I loved about it - the contrast between the cushions and the melee. If you tried on bands (plain or pave, since we haven't seen it with plain yet :)) ) why not try out other colours of gold?

I think if you went with a YG or RG band, it would bring out the M diamonds a bit --- if that's something you like. Just a thought...

@ Enerchi, I've thought about that! I love the look of RG with WG.. YG doesn't look good with my skin tone, unfortunately.

BTW, I am going to NYC next weekend. I really hope I can stop by DBL and check out some more of their goodies! :D

I hope I get to go!! If I do, definitely =)
Question: Do they know about Pricescope? Should I mention it when I go there?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

LOL!! David is Rockdiamond here!! yes, they know about PS! ;))

D

Deactivated member 42515

Nyc2chigal said:
Enerchi|1361461936|3386425 said:

I hope I get to go!! If I do, definitely =)
Question: Do they know about Pricescope? Should I mention it when I go there?
Oh yes! Go! Enerchi had an awesome time when she visited DBL! If you search her topics, she had a thread with a bunch of pictures of when she went!
It would be an awesome experience! And since you bought from them, they would help you pick a perfect band!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

That's a clever idea --- see what David suggests as a band and he may have something there on site that you could try out... Good idea YT! :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
That's a clever idea --- see what David suggests as a band and he may have something there on site that you could try out... Good idea YT! :appl:
Thanks Enerchi! But it was your idea first!
Enerchi always has the best ideas!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

YT|1361464616|3386456 said:
Enerchi said:

LOL!! Awe.... you're too good to me, YT!! :bigsmile:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi said:
YT|1361464616|3386456 said:
Enerchi said:

LOL!! Awe.... you're too good to me, YT!! :bigsmile:
Where's that room? :naughty:

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

UPDATE:

So I didn't have a chance to go to the jewelers to try on more bands, BUT!
I was able to try it on with my plain platinum band (which I thought I had lost forever until last night!!!!)

See photos below..
Pic 1 is with just the plain plat band
Pic 2 is with the plat band and diamond band

_3913.jpg

_3914.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Plain shows off the 3 stone more... but I have to say- I'm sure lovin' it with the pave band you have on there!!!

If you get to the store, I'm really excited to see what it would look like with a thin coloured gold band -- pave preferred but do take pics!!

Did you call David? see if he has something he'd recommend? or has on site he could ship to you to try on? Or have there when you visit NYC??? I'm excited for you to visit him and try on a ton of his gems!! PLEASE PLEASE post a lot of pics!!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

I will definitely try on w/ rose gold and post photos!

Did you just say to ask David to send something to me to try on??? Can he do that?! :-o
I will try my best to visit him, so I can take lots of pics!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really like it with the plain band, but if your setting is gold, it's not recommended to wear plat + gold together. They will scratch and damage each other. :errrr:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like it with the single row pave, but I'd also like to see it with a plain band that's thinner than your current platinum band.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Nyc2chigal|1361553899|3387689 said:
I will definitely try on w/ rose gold and post photos!

Did you just say to ask David to send something to me to try on??? Can he do that?! :-o
I will try my best to visit him, so I can take lots of pics!

I don't know if he can or not - but its worth a call to check it out! If not, maybe you'll get a chance to get to 47th St & 5th Ave when you are in NYC and pop in - he's in an office building, not a store front - and I'd assume he'd be happy to show you options and meet you in person!

Any further try on sessions??? I'm excited to see the ring with YG or RG - just to see how that plays up the colour of the M's! Man, I loved that ring --- it looks far better on your hand than mine, tho!!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

I will definitely check it out!
Once I get some free time to visit a jewelry store, I'll take pics.. I see your vision of the rose gold with the M color diamonds!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Actually, your last picture is exactly how I would wear them...e-ring, plain platinum band, then the diamond band. I might rather have a 2mm plain band to go in the middle, but I do think you could have your current one polished and just use it! I don't really think anything would go with the three stone ring better than what you already have! The plain band allows separation between the diamond rings and makes it all look better!

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1361730562|3389290 said:
Actually, your last picture is exactly how I would wear them...e-ring, plain platinum band, then the diamond band. I might rather have a 2mm plain band to go in the middle, but I do think you could have your current one polished and just use it! I don't really think anything would go with the three stone ring better than what you already have! The plain band allows separation between the diamond rings and makes it all look better!

Thanks! I thought so, as well.
I never thought pairing a band with the Daussi would be so hard!!
But I am thinking of upgrading the diamond band with another one. The quality of the diamonds on that one is sub par, compared to the 3 stone, and ofcourse, someone like me would notice silly things like that! :sick:

I will still look into different colored metals, though.. to see how it would look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results