shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of accent do you have?

Do you like your accent?

• 1. Yes I love my accent and would never want to change it.

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • 2. No I hate my accent and would love to change it.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • 3. I am indifferent to it and really do not care at all. Next question please ;)

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone watch RHOBH? What is up with Dorit Kelsey and her accent. LOL it is really a twisted one. She is American (born in Connecticut) but has sort of an affected British accent. IDK is it for real or just for show?:confused:

Ha! I used to watch all the RH shows but for whatever reason have gotten away from them. (Really enjoyed all franchises during their heydays lest you think I’m just being a judgy butthole!).

So I hear Dorit has a very contrived accent and I have never read or seen one positive thing about her accent. Which...leads me to believe that she’s been planted by Bravo to stir up something/anything with her “accent!” Makes sense for the franchise based on what we all know of its history, don’t you think? @missy I’d have you over for mimosas and talk RH for at least an hour before we moved into more important things!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! I used to watch all the RH shows but for whatever reason have gotten away from them. (Really enjoyed all franchises during their heydays lest you think I’m just being a judgy butthole!).

So I hear Dorit has a very contrived accent and I have never read or seen one positive thing about her accent. Which...leads me to believe that she’s been planted by Bravo to stir up something/anything with her “accent!” Makes sense for the franchise based on what we all know of its history, don’t you think? @missy I’d have you over for mimosas and talk RH for at least an hour before we moved into more important things!
Dorit in 2013 has a different accent

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone watch RHOBH? What is up with Dorit Kelsey and her accent. LOL it is really a twisted one. She is American (born in Connecticut) but has sort of an affected British accent. IDK is it for real or just for show?:confused:

I didn't know what RHOBH was or who Dorit Kelsey was, but I googled Dorit's name. I am very happy I never watched that show or knew who she was until today. Why would anyone listen to her? I never heard anyone more stupid. I know I am supposed to say that people vary, but I also think of the exchange about how it is good to keep an open mind but not so open that your brains fall out. If I had to watch that woman for more that 60 seconds, I think my my brains would fall out. ::)

Oh. And the accent? Generic, working class, light New York City in the film clip I heard. Not nearly strong enough to be one of the boroughs. But not Connecticut.

Deb :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a deal Monnie, you're on. Tea and RH chat and then on to more important topics like bling...:bigsmile::kiss:

I didn't know what RHOBH was or who Dorit Kelsey was, but I googled Dorit's name. I am very happy I never watched that show or knew who she was until today. Why would anyone listen to her? I never heard anyone more stupid. I know I am supposed to say that people vary, but I also think of the exchange about how it is good to keep an open mind but not so open that your brains fall out. If I had to watch that woman for more that 60 seconds, I think my my brains would fall out. ::)

Oh. And the accent? Generic, working class, light New York City in the film clip I heard. Not nearly strong enough to be one of the boroughs. But not Connecticut.

Deb :wavey:

Haha sorry Deb. Dorit is a Connecticuter or perhaps that's not the best word...do people from Connecticut have a preference? Here's what I found on the topic. So I will just call someone from Connecticut a person from Connecticut and not a Connecticuter.:halo:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/17/nyregion/nyregionspecial2/17ctcol.html

So shall I take it you won't be joining Monnie and me for tea and conversation?8) I promise you it will be fun no matter the convo so would love it if you would join us.:appl::wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...Scandinavian...

LOL

Haha I didn’t even notice your accent when we spent time together. All I noticed was your beautiful smile and your beautiful bling. :bigsmile:
Bling transcends everything. There is no accent in the language of bling.

We’re all one in our love of beautiful jewels. :love: :halo:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do! She's married to a Brit so probably she picked up some of that from her husband? I also watch Ladies of London and the American ladies living in London on that show also seemed to have picked up funky half-British accents!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The South

80%

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results