shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of a setting would be perfect for an asscher cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
I used to have interest in cushion brilliant cuts so far but I was shown a beautiful royal asscher yesterday. Although I know that I don''t like three stone settings and would rather have a pave diamond setting, is there a particular type setting that shows all the beauty of an asscher? the same question is also valid for cushion, because i certainly do not wish to kill the effect of the diamond by an unmatching setting. Any suggestions?

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
A double clawed Leon Mege setting which I think would would be lovely for a cushion too.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have to fully agree Leon Mege''s rings look amazing...and if you have the time and money to spend I would go for one of those to hold an Asscher.

Keep in mind, since an Asscher cut has so much depth, that to get the double claw effect you may need a stone in excess of 2.5 carats which can get pricey...

In my opinion to get an Asscher anything below 2 carats you will not get the visual effect you are seeking, but will pay a hefty price.

I was considering an Asscher for my wife but when I realized that price point and size...for the quality of stone I wanted, we decided to get a 1.5 carat emerald cut stone.

Anyways...sorry to be presumptious...I love Asschers, so Leon Mege all the way.

-G

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, from the pictures that I have seen, definitely one of those Leon Mege settings.. simply splendid

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I believe in keeping things simple. I would either get it set by itself with double-claw prongs or with tapered baguettes at most. The central stone should always be the focal point. Pave'' can be distracting, it''s a nuisance to keep clean and you have to be extremely careful with it.

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the advice. I actually met Mark at ERD this evening and decided on the stone. It will be 1.66 cushion brilliant. Therefore, the next step would be finding a nice setting reflecting the beauty of the cushion.

I''m still open for opinions.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I just LOVE cushions...

Is the one you've chosen squarish? elongated? I'm with Mme. Bijoux....I vote for classic and simple.

Here's food for thought: Tiger007's E/W antique cushion by Leon Mege....one of my very favs
30.gif

Looking forward to hearing how you decide to mount it!

widget

Utig00xhed-01.jpg

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/18/2006 10:18:06 PM
Author: widget
Congratulations! I just LOVE cushions...

Is the one you''ve chosen squarish? elongated? I''m with Mme. Bijoux....I vote for classic and simple.

Here''s food for thought: Tiger007''s E/W antique cushion by Leon Mege....one of my very favs
30.gif

Looking forward to hearing how you decide to mount it!

widget
Thank you, Widget! I just had a look at Leon Mege''s website, beautiful stuff!! The funny thing is, I somehow didn''t figure out that Tiger007 was one of the user''s name here, so I kept on googling Tiger007 model on the internet!!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked Leon''s site lately? He has a simple clawed setting for a cushion- the first ''new'' picture that comes up- just classic, clean, even modern might I say...
3.gif

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Great choice on the cushion. Looks like a perfect size, and you will get a stunning effect.

Please let us know what you''re thinking in regards to a setting.

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/19/2006 11:40:10 AM
Author: Moosejaw
Great choice on the cushion. Looks like a perfect size, and you will get a stunning effect.

Please let us know what you''re thinking in regards to a setting.
yeap. here is the stone details:

7.49x6.66x4.54mm
H-VVS2
POLISH/SYMMETRY: EXCELLENT
FL: NONE

I did look at some designs at Leon''s website and liked style #811 and #313. They are shown as image id # r602 and r506. I like 313 though, but i''m hesitating if my stone would be too small for such a design.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Please don''t let me influence you too much...as you must get whatever you want...thats a given of course.

That being said, I prefer 602 no matter the size of the stone. However, I dont know your finger size. My wife has a size 4 1/2, so dainty looks much better on her.

My sister for example has larger fingers, but not "big" hands and can pull off something more substantial.

I like the pave, as opposed to the single stones.

Just my opinion. :) Either way you''d get something amazing.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think r506 is TO DIE FOR
30.gif
30.gif
and would look lovely regardless of stone size.

(For me, though, I'd probably shy away from delicate pave mtgs for a ring I planned to wear it 24/7...)

widget

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Moosejaw, I do appreciate all your help! All of these pave settings look so alike each other, i''m getting confused. I guess my biggest hesitation is do i want halo or not? My finger size is 4.75. And I do know that i want a thin frame, 2 mm is perfect.

How about Michael B, or JB Star? Has anyone tried those before?

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have looked at Michael B''s things...and they are nice.

I don''t think you can go wrong with what you have chosen, and any reputable jeweler worth their salt can reproduce a design at a more affordable cost. However, I haven''t seen much like Leons or jewelers who will attempt what he does.

-G

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results