shape
carat
color
clarity

What I''ve done so far, what I need to do!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tinaweena

Rough_Rock
Ok well I introduced myself on friday. I should probably give a bit more information.

I got engaged on boxing day (Dec 26th) 2008. We have set a date of Jan 16th, 2010.

I have my venue booked..... Venue. We are having the ceremony and reception at the same location, since it''s likely there will be alot of snow, and I don''t want people travelling all over the city on the day of.

My dress bought..... I ordered it in Ivory.

Photographer booked.... She''s amazing and I got an amazing, unbelievable deal ($1000 full day coverage and a cd with the rights to the photos) also since I went to highschool with her.

I have my bridesmaids dresses picked out. All by Alfred sung...here is the MOH dress In Claret, and venetian gold accent.
I also have my invites designed, but not yet ordered.

My colours are crimson, gold and black.

I''m still working on booking a limo company, a dj, a decorator (maybe, I might tackle it myself)...and I need to find wedding bands.

I also need to buy some netting and try to make a birdcage veil by myself since I can''t really justify $100+ dollars on a little piece of netting and a comb.

I also have a question. I just want some very thin, white gold bands...with maybe some milgrain on the them to stack around my engagement ring since my e-ring is a little big but they can''t make it any smaller.

Anybody have an idea where to find them?

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would start by searching Stuller''s website. They''re very affordable. Any of the jewelry vendors here (and most likely local to you as well) can get items from Stuller.

Tinaweena

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

Is stuller a person on the forum? a brand??

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like you are off to a really good start. You are ahead...way ahead, but that''s not bad.

I would take a break from it for awhile. You have PLENTY of time. If I can give any advice, it''s to pace yourself and don''t do too much at the beginning bc you will either 1) burn out or 2) change your mind by the time the wedding rolls around. Do your research and make note of cool ideas and other things you see, but save some of the fun stuff until a little later (getting your veil, getting bands, etc).

That''s just my personal opinion. I started planning a little too early (engagement will be a total of 13 months) and I have changed my mind a bazillion times with changes in trends or cute ideas I see.

If you live in a busy city, go ahead and research the DJ''s and book one when you find a good deal. Some of that other stuff can wait a bit!

Tinaweena

Rough_Rock
Shoot...nevermind. I see that Stuller is a manufacturer...but tthey don''t make anything in my size either.

My ring size is 3.25
8.gif

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Hi from Toronto!

very talented photographer u got there! where is she located and how much she normally charge for engagement photos / wedding day photos?

My jeweler does custom design, just give him the photos and he will do it for you in the GTA let me know if you need more info!

Tinaweena

Rough_Rock
Hey StarbuttsKoffee!

The photographers name is michelle, and her price list is

Package A) $1200
4 hours coverage
minimum of 200 4X6 retouched proofs
dvd of images
$200 worth of prints or books.

Package B) $2400
8 hours coverage
minimum of 350 4X6 retouched proofs
dvd of images
$600 worth of prints or books.

Package C) $2800
10 hours coverage
minimum of 450 4X6 retouched proofs
dvd of images
$1000 worth of prints or books

All packages include an engagement shoot, one 11X14 engagement print and a 2nd photographer at the wedding.

Does your jeweler have a website??

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tinaweena!! Just wanted to pop in and say hi from someone who was born and raised in Waterloo (I''m in Oakville now but probably planning a wedding in K-W)! Your plans look great so far!
35.gif

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Here ! he is specialized in flexible rings but he doesn''t have his bridal series posted on his website. He did my engagement ring and he''s working on my wedding band now, maybe I will show you some photos when it''s done!

That''s very nice of your photog charging you with buddy rate!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results