shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your typical breakfast?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious what you guys eat during the week and on the weekends?

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just saw your post as I was finishing my breakfast while reading Pricescope :angel:

I usually have quark cheese with fruit and a mug of coffee (with cream) while checking news, emails, weather and PS.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two eggs - over medium, half a cup of cottage cheese, one cup steel cut oats, one apple sprinkled with cinnamon.

If I am in a hurry, just eggs and cottage cheese.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7 days a week:
Coffee with half and half, no sugar.

Steel-cut oats with dried cranberries, walnuts, cinnamon, and organic soy milk.
I combine it the night before to soften the oat, then microwave it in the morning.

Sometimes I'll add a hard-boiled egg.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2-4 garlic knots and a cup of coffee lately. Haven't bought any breakfast foods, so if we get take-out from the pizza place, I add an order of a dozen garlic knots.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oatmeal with ground flaxseed, cinnamon, butter and honey, or sometimes just with vanilla bean paste. If not oatmeal, then one egg and one egg white scrambled. Sometimes I'll also have a banana if one is around and ready to eat.

If I'm on the run, I'll take hard boiled eggs or a hunk of cheddar cheese.

Plus water and a bunch of vitamins and supplements.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Weekday
Protein shake:
1 Scoop Meal Replacement Micellar Casein Product
1 Scoop Whey or Isolate
1 Scoop Greens
1 cup almond milk or Kefir
Lots of water.

Weekend
Usually Greek yogurt and granola.
Sometimes toast and cheese.

P

PierreBear

Weekday - low fat plain yogurt with high protein cereal on top (before work); then an apple or piece of fruit about 1.5 later

Weekend - I usually eat the same thing as above but after a long workout, we might eat a piece of toast with avocado smeared on it with a medium egg on top; smoked salmon on the side; fruit

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breakfast sandwich (microwaved from the freezer)...croissant, egg, bacon, and cheese sandwich. Cinnamon Vanilla Creamer with a little
bit of coffee in it. 8)

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually, just black coffee lol.

If I'm working out/trying to be healthy a bowl of oatmeal.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Weekdays--oven baked steel-cut oatmeal with flaxseed, almonds and blueberries. Plus 1 cup of coffee, of course. The oatmeal is made in an 8" square dish and simply heat a piece every morning. This recipe but I add a couple tablespoons of flaxseed:

http://www.alexandracooks.com/2013/08/09/baked-steel-cut-oatmeal/

Weekends---whatever DH asks for! Omelette, breakfast panini (scrambled eggs, gruyere and cheddar and maybe some ham inside), or his favorite Herbed eggs (Ina Garden recipe). Two eggs done in gratin dish under broiler with Parmesan, garlic, fresh thyme, rosemary and parsley on top. Sometimes a side of berries with Limoncello and fresh basil.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Elizabeth35|1477942287|4092412 said:
Weekdays--oven baked steel-cut oatmeal with flaxseed, almonds and blueberries. Plus 1 cup of coffee, of course. The oatmeal is made in an 8" square dish and simply heat a piece every morning. This recipe but I add a couple tablespoons of flaxseed:

Sounds delicious! I never liked oats, but I'll definitely give this recipe a try. Thanks Elizabeth.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Elizabeth35|1477942287|4092412 said:

Sounds delicious! I never liked oats, but I'll definitely give this recipe a try. Thanks Elizabeth.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weekdays just coffee with half and half and sugar.

Weekends it depends...sometimes just coffee, other times my DH and I will split a bacon, egg (over easy) and cheese on an everything bagel :lickout:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
McDonald's folded egg, biscuit, large Diet Coke.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My breakfast is very unadventurous compared to many. I have either toast or a bowl of cereal.

The toast is pumpernickel, though.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of black unsweetened coffee plus 2 hard boiled eggs or egg & cheese sandwich or plain yogurt with cereal or oatmeal with peanut butter. On Fridays, cafeteria at work does breakfast pizza so I usually indulge.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coffee. On weekends, I brunch. I've never been a big breakfast eater.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weekdays: OJ before I leave for work then dry Cheerios at work
Weekends: OJ, Toast or pancakes or biscuits accompanied by eggs and bacon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Large coffee with no fat milk
Small Apple or banana
One slice of whole wheat organic sourdough French toast - dry
One scrambled egg or boiled egg

Or if not toast, plain whole oatmeal with banana

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oatmeal and a cup of freshly brewed strong coffee with fresh cream.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still haven't gone grocery shopping, and frankly I didn't feel like getting dressed earlier than usual to go out and buy breakfast, so I took a good long look in the fridge (pre-coffee), and was delighted to spot 2 miami onion rolls, 2 pieces of ham, and 4 eggs. I fried 2 eggs up in coconut oil, heated the ham up in the pan as well, and toasted the miami onion roll. As I'm typing, my gavon of a kitty keeps propping herself up and nibbling bits of the dangling egg white from the edge of my sandwich. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So now I have one more serving for tomorrow's breakfast, yay!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black coffee with Stevita and a banana because I have to take a med first thing and I have to get it down my esophagus and the banana helps. And then 2 hours or so later I eat almonds and cashews and pistachios. Either all or one or 2 of that combo. I need 2 hours for the pill to get in my system before I eat more than the banana. I'm a grazer and eat nuts throughout the day often.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
toasted whole grain sandwich thin with one egg, low fat american cheese and one slice canadian bacon OR refrigerator oatmeal.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many good ideas in this thread, thanks to everyone who shared.

I typically have a KIND bar and four cups of black coffee (yeah that's a lot I know) because I'm a lazy morning cook but if there is a bit of ambition, four fried eggs and some fruit.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually only coffee. Once in a while I may also have a banana.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Coffee with non-dairy creamer, and whatever I can scrounge up from dinner/lunch leftovers.

So, I have very interesting breakfasts, it could be enchiladas, steak, soup, pasta, salad......everything and anything goes.

My kids and husband always get traditional breakfast foods though. Cereal, toaster waffles, bagels, pancakes, oatmeal.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Goldfish crackers. I've eaten them every day for breakfast at work for about 10 years. On weekends, either frozen waffles or dry cereal.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1478037565|4092755 said:
Coffee with non-dairy creamer, and whatever I can scrounge up from dinner/lunch leftovers.

So, I have very interesting breakfasts, it could be enchiladas, steak, soup, pasta, salad......everything and anything goes.

My kids and husband always get traditional breakfast foods though. Cereal, toaster waffles, bagels, pancakes, oatmeal.

Girl after my own heart. Soup is good anytime of day especially a cold morning!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
During the week I have a breakfast sandwich that consists of an english muffin, an egg white patty, a (veggie) sausage patty and a slice of american cheese.

I may have the same on weekends, but usually DH makes scrambled eggs and fried potatoes. Occasionally, if I'm feeling ambitious I'll make biscuits and (veggie) sausage gravy. :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results