shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your next diamond project?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparker

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I''ve always wanted a pear shaped diamond with a little RB set above it in a pendant. I''m setting money aside as I speak. PS has led me to the darkside and I''m not going back.

Suz

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My next project is to get a 7 band diamond ring. I'm still a little unsure about whether to get 3 pointers, 5 pointers or 10 pointers. In reality, I've already started diamond shopping but I hope I'll be able to hold off until Jan 2005!

Q has also corrupted me with fluorescent diamonds. I'm very interested in getting one or two with medium to strong fluo but I haven't a clue what to do with them! In addition, these will be SI1 quality. I'm going to shop for the cleanest SI stones. What a challenge this is going to be.

sparker

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

My new diamond, which is being set, has medium fluoresence. It looks beautiful in sunlight and Jonathan at GOG actually said that the fluoresence in my diamond is rather neutral.

I think a ring of diamonds would be nice, too.

Suz

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Besides buying wedding bands (mine will be a bead set eternity band with 1.5 pointers I think...)we are having a struggle about my solitaire still. He is so unhappy with the size of it and Im perfectly ok with it just the way it is. I thought that maybe we would compromise and instead of a bigger solitaire just add two smaller sidestones of the same cut. Itll be cheaper at least. We'll see. I want a house so Im not so eager to go running out buying more stuff like this.

Aside from that, Id like some really nice earrings off that dimend scassi site but Ill never end up wearing them.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Good for you Sparker. And may I be the first to welcome you to the dark side. You'll find that it's alittle crowded over here!
naughty.gif

I am currently working on the 2ct upgrade. I would also like to squeeze in a bezel set solitaire pendant with 1/2 - 3/4 ct rb.

sparker

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/1/2004 10:56:15 AM sevens one wrote:

Good for you Sparker. And may I be the first to welcome you to the dark side. You'll find that it's alittle crowded over here!
naughty.gif

I am currently working on the 2ct upgrade. I would also like to squeeze in a bezel set solitaire pendant with 1/2 - 3/4 ct rb.----------------

You are so funny,

I think it was you who had the bad influence on me.
11.gif
he he

Suz

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it's Jennifer's and cflutist's fault too with all their numerous upgrades.
10.gif
11.gif

Icicles

Shiny_Rock
I am going to get a 1.75 pear set into a ring that converts into a pendant. Haven't seen many designs like that yet, but that's my next project!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/1/2004 11:36:55 AM chrono wrote:

Yes, it's Jennifer's and cflutist's fault too with all their numerous upgrades.
10.gif
11.gif
----------------

Hey, my tennis bracelet upgrade was the first time I bought a piece of jewelry for myself in 15 years. The e-ring I wear is the same one that websailor gave me in 1996. It has not been upgraded and probably will not be upgraded.
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/1/2004 11:25:59 AM sparker wrote:

----------------
On 9/1/2004 10:56:15 AM sevens one wrote:

naughty.gif

I am currently working on the 2ct upgrade. I would also like to squeeze in a bezel set solitaire pendant with 1/2 - 3/4 ct rb.----------------

You are so funny,

I think it was you who had the bad influence on me.
11.gif
he he

Suz----------------

Just doing my Part.
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
hey, wait a minute!
6.gif
I waited 10 YEARS for my dream stone...it just seems like constant upgrading becasue I squeezed the final upgrade within 2 weeks.
2.gif
3.gif
9.gif
11.gif
12.gif

Icicles--love that convertible idea--cool!
love.gif

My next big project will be a substantial bracelet or larger studs...but not for a while. I did succumb to another RHR ring purchase last week....but that's "tiny"
11.gif
9.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
In January or February, I am having a sun/moon/stars ring made with a small centre diamond (~.3, aka the sun), engraved stars with tiny diamonds paved into the arms and the centre, diamond comets, and some various shaped sapphires and other coloured stones set in an asteroid belt sort of thing. I am slowly collecting the various stones that are to be set into the ring. My timeline might slip - I am considering a break from the winter weather instead.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I am going to start recycling older pieces that I never wear any more. (Patty has inspired me.) Now I just have to find a jeweler who I like working with..... I've been hoping to find someone locally, but might just have to use our favorite web vendors.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
In another era, before I discovered pricescope, I never really thought about jewelry and if anything, I was a staunch RB enthusiast with a sole aspiration of an RB e-ring. Pricescope introduced me to the JUBILEE, and I am now a lost soul. The horrible thing is that I haven't finished my first project (my e-ring) and I'm already thinking of how to fit a jubilee into my life! The nice thing is, I actually have an excuse since in a Vietnamese wedding, the bride not only receives a ring, but also earrings, a necklace, and a bracelet. Woohoo! The earrings are actually more important than the ring as they symbolize the bride's purity
naughty.gif

So what I'm thinking is, tiny half carat dangly pears suspended from a .25 carat and two .10 carat RBs for my earrings and a three stone jubilee choker
love.gif

A girl can have dreams can't she?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
dammit why can I not be vietnamese or marry a vietnamese man!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may not really want that Ame. The trade off is that you also instantly gain a huge family of aunts, uncles and etc who are very involved in every aspect of your life. It's an Asian thing, I think.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I doubt that its just asian--Im german irish and every damn person in my ginormous family has their nose firmly lodged in everyone else's buttcracks when they really don't belong involved
2.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I received my princess e-ring this past April & am currently working on my right hand ring (RB)... hopefully I can get my camera to cooperate when it's picture time
2.gif
And that *should* be it for me w diamonds...

I'm v sentimental about a necklace my fiance gave me so pendants are out (it's got a gold heart pendant on it already) since I've worn it every day since he gave it to me a few yrs ago. Earrings aren't worth it to me since i can't see them enough (my long hair's always covering my ears) & i'd be too afraid to lose one...

I plan on getting some nice CZ studs from wink tho (wink, you've been warned)
naughty.gif
maybe a set of princess & a set of RBs to match my rings...
9.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Next diamond project is finding something to wear with my e-ring. It's tension set, so I am not so sure about getting a band next to it. But, we're starting to look at different styles and options. After that, I want earrings. Big earring, with tons of fire and backs that won't come off unless they are absolutly meant to come off. (Lost one of the last pair even with screw backs on them. Ugh)

Ame -- Are we related? I sooo hear you about the big German/Irish family. My FI is shocked by some of the questions my mother/aunts/cousins/sister/grandmother etc, call the house with. Not only about the wedding plans, but EVERYTHING. I swear my Aunt's must have a grid they keep by the phone with with questions to badger us with and they coordinate with one another so as to get as much information out of us as possible.

But still, I love them all... at least most days.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I have a right hand ring which I haven't worn since I got my e-ring. The diamond is 0.26 G VS. I've been eyeing earrings for the past few months and thought to myself, 'wonder if my jeweller can get a matching diamond and create a pair of studs?' So I went to my jeweller last Saturday and I should have them by next Saturday.
appl.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/1/2004 1:06:51 PM gingerBcookie wrote:

... The nice thing is, I actually have an excuse since in a Vietnamese wedding, the bride not only receives a ring, but also earrings, a necklace, and a bracelet. Woohoo! The earrings are actually more important than the ring as they symbolize the bride's purity
naughty.gif

----------------

So how does one go about becoming a Vietnamese citizen?!
11.gif

Hmmm... I guess the diamond studs are my next project. I'm thinking of another pair of earrings too, danglies. 25 pointers that go in the ear, with 33 pointers hanging from a very fine chain. Both bezel set. Kinda like this, but vertical:

o--O

First I have to finish the pendant project though... I think Wink's been doing too much kayaking lately
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
lop, very provocative concept--recycling older pieces...i could get into that.
2.gif
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
lop, I'm happy to have inspired you! And Jennifer, the possibilities are enless if you start recycling some of your extra diamonds!

My next project is to have my new .95 stone set into my wedding band at Christmastime. Then of course, I'll probably have to have that terrible old .93 J, I-1, terribly cut stone put into a pendant or SOMETHING. I mean, I can't just throw it away even though it's a sad little specimen of carbon.
2.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
My next project is learning how to put in web filters so cflutist is not tempted by PS again....

Can I say that here????

Oooohhhh, this is probably gonna cost me!

11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 9/1/2004 11:48:24 AM Jennifer5973 wrote:

I did succumb to another RHR ring purchase last week....but that's 'tiny'
11.gif
9.gif

----------------
How did you slip that one by us? What no pics? BTW tiny is all realtive
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/1/2004 3:21:49 PM lindsal wrote:

Ame -- Are we related? I sooo hear you about the big German/Irish family. My FI is shocked by some of the questions my mother/aunts/cousins/sister/grandmother etc, call the house with. Not only about the wedding plans, but EVERYTHING. I swear my Aunt's must have a grid they keep by the phone with with questions to badger us with and they coordinate with one another so as to get as much information out of us as possible.

But still, I love them all... at least most days. ----------------

You do sound like me. I can't get through any aspect of planning without 100 unsolicited comments about how Im not making it fancy enough or how my dress is not appropriate (grandma) etc. If your money aint paying for it your opinion means jack diddly!

I hope your plans work well for you. Regardless of the involvement
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results