shape
carat
color
clarity

What Is Your Favorite Shape for a Diamond?

What shape would you choose?

• Emerald

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Princess

• Radiant

• Oval

• Cushion (including all branded and non-branded cushions)

• Pear

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
(If you'd like, please comment on why that shape is your favorite.)

If you could own only one diamond for the rest of your life...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great Poll!
I know it must be a step cut EC or baguette.

Cabs and step cuts are my favorite cuts, so this leaves me with one option for diamonds.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Funny poll......and great, because my answer has changed drastically since I've learned more.

I used to find round diamonds run-of-the-mill and unappealing.....and I was very heavily leaning toward getting a radiant stone. That was before I learned about diamonds.

See, the allure about a diamond to me is SPARKLE, SPARKLE, SPARKLE. If I'm gonna pay that much for something, I want the BEST representation of it I can get. When I learned that the most sparkle comes from well-cut round diamonds and saw the difference with my own eyes......

THAT's when I fell in love HARD with round diamonds, and never to look back.

I love other shapes too, but I figure that I can enjoy them in other less expensive stones.....pear shaped emerald or a cushion cut sapphire....where those shapes ideally maximize other colors.

But if I could only have one diamond.......KILLER cut round all the way, baby!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've often thought of posting a poll like this one....yay that you did it instead.
1.gif

Round baby.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've always loved and always will love rounds the most!

Michelle

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't decide for a moment, but then choose EC. I could have also said cushion, but I'm only fond of certain types of cushion cuts so EC was the safer blanket choice.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I could only have one diamond for the rest of my life....

It would have to be a Round Brilliant.

Sorry I am so boring!!
2.gif
9.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I was torn. I love ECs for rings, but have never had one. I don't like them as much for earrings or pendants. I only have RBs and love them too so voted that way. Maybe someday I'll get an EC. Problem is hubby doesn't really like them.

bht122

Rough_Rock
Well, before finding PS or DT, I was dead set on a radiant or pear cut. However, I soon realized the sparkle I wanted could only be found in a RB so they are now my favorite
1.gif

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
I find it interesting how many people go with round when it comes right down to it! Especially considering how much talk there is these days about how the square cuts are gaining so much popularity...

While my admiration for round is growing as I learn more about diamonds, right now my favorite shape is cushion. I love antique looking things. I also love the unique shape and the understated glow of the cushion.

Looking forward to seeing more votes!

-Robyn

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Round, then radiant, then princess, then emerald. Too many! Not enough fingers...wahhh.
10.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/7/2004 7:59:02 PM Robyn12 wrote:

I find it interesting how many people go with round when it comes right down to it! Especially considering how much talk there is these days about how the square cuts are gaining so much popularity...

I do love most diamond shapes (except two, but I won't say which ones so not to offend anyone
1.gif
, however, one of the main reasons I like rounds so much is they compliment my hands much better than emerald cuts and other square cuts. My hands are kind of angular and not all that great looking (!) and I think that you have to have rounder/prettier hands to carry off an emerald or other squarish stones.

Michelle

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------

----------------

Rounds are still two thirds of 'em all: so no idea what slight % change prompted the wave of approval for squares. Princesses should be the second most popular cut (that from the less than 1/4 of market that rounds leave aside): lately, square step cuts got some talking, to the extent that a few poor princess-cuts may even get re-fashioned into smaller ECs (generic asschers) to make the easier to sell. Bot with most people going for rounds already and Pricescope teaching the RB minutiae all day, yeah, I was surprised anyone voted for something else
6.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
No diamond on earth can reflect the light

Of an ideal round when cut just right!!

It's timeless and beyond compare

and will out glow anything else you wear!!!

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
pardon my ignorance, but i still dont know what shape is the regent considered as? a cushion?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/8/2004 7:02:23 AM tomatoe wrote:

pardon my ignorance, but i still dont know what shape is the regent considered as? a cushion?----------------

Hm... this is a tough one!

A Regent is Regent (the adds do not say anything else), but "regent" is a title not a shape. Also, A regent is a "square diamont with H&As". But H&A diamonds are by definition rounds, so does this make the regent a "round square"
eek.gif
I guess the Regent looks more like a super symmetrical cushion if anything and that it surely qualifies for the ranks of "brilliant cushion cuts" but I do have a Q.

What exactly defines th cushion cut. It can't be the outline (some are square, some elongated, some roundish), nor the facet arangement (there is such sting as a "step-cut cushion" and a "brillint cushion"). So, is it enought to see a rectangular outline with rounded (as oposed to clipped) corners to call it "cushion"? Does the same logic make the QUH a "mixed cut cushion"?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/7/2004 8:29:11 PM MichelleCarmen wrote:

----------------

one of the main reasons I like rounds so much is they compliment my hands much better than emerald cuts and other square cuts. My hands are kind of angular and not all that great looking (!) and I think that you have to have rounder/prettier hands to carry off an emerald or other squarish stones.

Michelle ----------------

I'm glad I read through before posting as this was basically my thought. I think it really depends on your fingers. Round look right on most hands because it's classic. As for the best shape for my hands, pear would be it. I really like EC. I think they are very elegant; but, they appear so small for their carat weight. Also, I think they look best on a younger womens hands - sleeker.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
ana, thats precisely along the lines of what i was thinking. i guess i cannot vote in this poll.... ah well
5.gif

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the confusion! As I understood it, the regent is considered a branded cushion. Click here. It's talked about a little on this link...

Decker

Rough_Rock
Good poll. I was trying to decide between round and princess for my gf before I saw this. Think I'll stick with round -- seems to be everyone fav. Tks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results