shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite "one hit wonder" songs?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few of mine...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gnarls Barkley "Crazy"

The Verve "Bittersweet Symphony"

Modest Mouse "Float On"

Macy Gray "I Try"

Carl Thomas "I Wish"

Estelle ft Kanye West "American Boy"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tainted love Soft Cell

Spirit in the Sky Norman Greenbaum

Take On Me A-ha

Come on Eileen Dexy Midnight Runners

Sugar Sugar The Archies

I love Seasons in the Sun too @Dancing Fire

@StephanieLynn I love Bittersweet Symphony. I didn’t even know that was a one hit wonder. Great song.

I also love Macy Gray. She only produced one hit? I had no clue. I thought she had a number of hits. She’s so talented.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Tainted love Soft Cell

Spirit in the Sky Norman Greenbaum

Take On Me A-ha

Come on Eileen Dexy Midnight Runners

Sugar Sugar The Archies

I love Seasons in the Sun too @Dancing Fire

@StephanieLynn I love Bittersweet Symphony. I didn’t even know that was a one hit wonder. Great song.

I also love Macy Gray. She only produced one hit? I had no clue. I thought she had a number of hits. She’s so talented.

I love Take On Me, Tainted Love, Come on Eileen, Sealed With a Kiss (also Gypsy Woman)

I'd add Kiss Him Goodbye - Steam
Vehicle - Ides of March

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I not understanding the US term of 'One hit wonder'? To me, it means a band who had a massive hit & then disappeared into obscurity without further success?

@StephanieLynn Over here The Verve were MASSIVE. The song Bitter Sweet Symphony was just the tip of the iceberg for those guys - they smashed the charts here for years!

And @missy Again with Take On Me by A-ha, they went platinum with several albums over the years & were definitely not one hit wonders?? Not in Europe, anyway. They are currently on a world tour, 35 years after releasing Take On Me, to sell out stadiums.

Maybe I'm missing something? :think:

For me, my favourite one hit wonder was I Am The One And Only by Chesney Hawkes. He disappeared off the radar after that, despite releasing other material. He just couldn't repeat the success of the first hit, but man that tune was catchy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I not understanding the US term of 'One hit wonder'? To me, it means a band who had a massive hit & then disappeared into obscurity without further success?

@StephanieLynn Over here The Verve were MASSIVE. The song Bitter Sweet Symphony was just the tip of the iceberg for those guys - they smashed the charts here for years!

And @missy Again with Take On Me by A-ha, they went platinum with several albums over the years & were definitely not one hit wonders?? Not in Europe, anyway. They are currently on a world tour, 35 years after releasing Take On Me, to sell out stadiums.

Maybe I'm missing something? :think:

For me, my favourite one hit wonder was I Am The One And Only by Chesney Hawkes. He disappeared off the radar after that, despite releasing other material. He just couldn't repeat the success of the first hit, but man that tune was catchy!

Yes I agree with you lol. That is the definition of one hit wonders.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Come on Eileen!!! I love that song!!’

How about “Brandy”
There’s a port, on a western bay and it serves a hundred ships a day. Lonely sailors pass the time away and dream about their home.....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Come on Eileen!!! I love that song!!’

How about “Brandy”
There’s a port, on a western bay and it serves a hundred ships a day. Lonely sailors pass the time away and dream about their home.....

Love “Brandy” ❤️ You’re a fine girl

She hears him say, "Brandy, you're a fine girl" (you're a fine girl)
"What a good wife you would be" (such a fine girl)
"But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea"
It is, yes it is
He said, "Brandy, you're a fine girl" (you're a fine girl)
"What a good wife you would be" (such a fine girl)
"But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea"

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Plus she wears a braided chain, made of the finest silver from the north of Spain!! A lot of forum members can relate to that:)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On hit wonders can also happen with an otherwise popular band or artist. They might have a whole album of music but only one really caught on and got a lot of air play @Alex T.

All the songs on my list I got from one hit wonder lists but maybe that was based on the U.S. charts only?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On hit wonders can also happen with an otherwise popular band or artist. They might have a whole album of music but only one really caught on and got a lot of air play @Alex T.

All the songs on my list I got from one hit wonder lists but maybe that was based on the U.S. charts only?

Possibly a US chart thing? I know A-ha had many big hits here, including the James Bond theme for The Living Daylights - that one was massive, as was The Sun Always Shines On TV & the other big one, Hunting High & Low.

Another one hit wonder that happened over here here was Hanson - Umm Bop! It was brilliant, but that was all we ever saw of them. I believe they were quite a bit thing to US teens? And I think I read last year they had reformed? Loved that song! So feel good!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm too sexy (for my shirt)- Right Said Fred
Rock Me Amadeus- Falco

Adding one more:

Oppa Gangnam Style-Psy

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby Got Back - Sir Mix a Lot

:lol: He used to live a few doors down from us, lol.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few of mine...

Terry Jacks was popular. Poppy Family as well. Being Canadian, they got a lot of airtime and I liked their stuff.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Sign Your Name” by Terence Trent D’Arby
“You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) “ by Sylvester
“Shoot Me (With Your Love)” by Tasha Thomas
“Rumble” by Link Wray (an instrumental)
“Pipeline” by the Chantays (instrumental)
“Sally Go Round The Roses” by the Jaynettes
“Ode To Billy Joe” by Bobbie Gentry

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Stuck in The Middle With You” - Stealer’s Wheel
”Dancing in The Moonlight “ - King Harvest
”Layla” - Derek and The Dominos
”American Pie” - Don McLean
”Cat’s in The Cradle “ Harry Chapin
”Baker Street” - Gerry Rafferty

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plus she wears a braided chain, made of the finest silver from the north of Spain!! A lot of forum members can relate to that:)
I love jewelry songs! There are a lot of them, when you think about it!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael Martin Murphy--"Wildfire"

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results