shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite dog breed?

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I love all dogs but I have a mutt! Maybe he's a shiba inu and husky cross?

I'm scared of German shepherds though. Maybe because of the way their hind end looks, they look like they're slinking about. Plus my police neighbour had two working shepherds and they'd stand completely still and give anyone the stare down. I always felt nervous like they might leap into action and attack. I'm sure this wasn't the case but they didn't show the usual happy dog disposition with tails wagging etc. I'm sure if I spent time with shepherds I'd be less fearful.

_1765.jpeg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Dachshunds, specifically the longhaired variety. My sister got one as a rescue, and then my mom got one. My sister's dog is such a loaf, and my mom's is a muppet. You can kind of tell their personalities in this photo (Pippa on the left is ready to play at a moment's notice, while Nico on the right would prefer to nap/cuddle).

886209_877418480614_7586419559644131232_o.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1454566570|3986672 said:
Golden retriever/Labrador retriever.

I've had both. Rocket scientists compared to my Newfie. But my Lab was The Worst Dog In The World. I always say Griff, my Newfie, was my reward for having lived through him!!!

Deb
:saint:

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. We fell in love with this breed a few years ago and after two years of research & waiting for a litter our pup was finally born.
Here he is meeting my SO for the first time. Love at first sight! :love:

daddyandjc.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1454554308|3986607 said:
Chocolate Lab. Our soon to be new family member

Congratulations, Mayk. I always hankered after a chocolate Lab because they are so beautiful. I had a yellow Lab that I adopted when he was two years old, but I barely lived through owning him. He was a major character. Having a dog from puppyhood should be a lot easier. Goldens and Labs are so smart that they are very easy to train! The Golden we had from "birth" was a peach.

Post lots of pictures!!!

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ittybittykittykat|1454604904|3986829 said:
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. We fell in love with this breed a few years ago and after two years of research & waiting for a litter our pup was finally born.

Gorgeous! A wonderful breed. Very much like my favorite Golden Retrievers in temperament. I worry about their health issues, though. (Not that Goldens don't have health issues. Goldens are getting cancer at younger and younger ages.)

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
We currently have either a yorkie or silky terrier. He's a rescue, so we're not 100% sure, but I suspect he's a silky. Love him so much, but actually my favorite breeds are poodle mixes (goldendoodles, cockapoos, and my dream dog some day - a St. Berdoodle) or wheaten terriers or wire fox terriers. Basically, I like goofy, curly-haired dogs. :)

A picture of my current snuggle monster:
mochi.jpg

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
AGBF said:

Gorgeous! A wonderful breed. Very much like my favorite Golden Retrievers in temperament. I worry about their health issues, though. (Not that Goldens don't have health issues. Goldens are getting cancer at younger and younger ages.)

Thank you AGBF! Cavaliers do have many health concerns. We chose a breeder that was highly regarded, doesn't have litters often and does all the testing on her stock but of course that isn't a guarantee. We're crossing our fingers that he's healthy and happy for as long as possible.
I've been researching Raw diet for him and it seems like they might do best on it. We don't have kids so he is our fur baby we've been waiting so long I can't imagine anything happening to him.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1454605423|3986833 said:

I haven't had any issues with the two in our family

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love all dogs! I've honestly never met a dog I didn't like.

My favorites have been a couple of Australian Shepherds and my current fur baby, a pug. The Aussies were unbelievably smart, full of love and energetic. My pug is the sweetest snuggle buddy ever. He gets along with everyone - young and old and has never met a stranger.

hoss_n_holly.jpg

RIP Hoss and Holly. Hoss loved and protected us (and chased our horses) for fifteen wonderful years. He was a quiet, noble, dignified gentleman. Holly Bear was all heart covered in fur. She was smart and loving and never met a fence she couldn't get under or a ball she couldn't catch mid-air. I only got to love her for four years and I miss her to this day. (she was quite the herder and got too close to a vehicle)

I read somewhere that pugs take over your home and expect to be treated like royalty. I thought that was crazy but that's how it's been with Herbie. He's never had a bad day and I hope he never does.

dsc00181.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have issues w/our Cavalier, but I think it's b/c she's not from a reputable breeder, but from someone I would consider a puppy mill/back yard breeder.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all dogs. I'm not sure I've ever met a dog I didn't like. Even little brat dogs are awesome because I just think of them as dogs with attitude! I currently have two mutts, a shepherd/border collie mix that runs the house and a long haired chihuahua mix that was put on this earth to love everyone. I can only share a baby photo of my border collie mix. She rarely slows down enough for me to get photos of her. She's usually just a black blur in photos.

babydaisy.jpg

img_2232.jpg

lukeandhoney.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I never met a dog I didn't like and think everyoneelsesdogs are my pets!

While we had all breeds of dogs growing up...I do reserve a special place in my heart for German Shepard's.

cheers--Sharon

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1454605202|3986831 said:
Mayk|1454554308|3986607 said:
Chocolate Lab. Our soon to be new family member

Congratulations, Mayk. I always hankered after a chocolate Lab because they are so beautiful. I had a yellow Lab that I adopted when he was two years old, but I barely lived through owning him. He was a major character. Having a dog from puppyhood should be a lot easier. Goldens and Labs are so smart that they are very easy to train! The Golden we had from "birth" was a peach.

Post lots of pictures!!!

Thank you! We are super excited. We haven't had a dog in about 8 years. Our last dog was a female Chocolate Labrador "Thelma". My family is over the moon. It just always seemed like not the right time to commit to a puppy. We've been patient and we are ready to spoil and love this baby!

The cat who is 7 and rules the roost is in for a big surprise and it's not "that bed is for you". :devil:

_1773.jpeg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's hard to pick my absolute most favorite breed, but my parents' Lhasa apso is pretty awesome. He's the perfect combination of soft and fluffy, cuddly and friendly, and he's not yappy at all. For some reason, I'm drawn to a few terriers: soft-coated wheatons, Norfolk/Norwich, and westies. My husband's allergic to dogs, so when we get one someday, we'll need to choose a breed wisely.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all dogs. The dog I was most attached to/had the closest relationship with was a chow mix (chow/golden?) that we raised from a pup. The only dogs I don't like are small yappy biting/bad behaved dogs.

Here is a pic of our current dog when he was around 3 years old; terrier/coonhound/shepherd mix

chuckyoung.jpg

hay joe

Shiny_Rock
Rottweilers and Dobermans. Dogs bring out the best in most humans.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
ISSR Shiloh Shepherds. Papillon's. I love dogs. I have loved many mutts over the years, as well, but, those two are my favorite breeds. Only Bisou, the smooth coated Shiloh in the photo, lives with me these days. Baer, the long haired Shiloh, is on the farm with my in-laws, and Frodo, my beloved papillon, is over the rainbow bridge. That Frodo embodied the very best of what is beautiful in a dog's spirit- he was magnificent in heart and soul.

dsc05564_edited.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1454536400|3986450 said:
I love ALL dog breeds. LOVE THEM. I also love mixed breeds so much!!

Finn, West HIghland White Terrier ("Westie") is my avatar. I also have a female Westie, Maggie.

They are the most wonderful dogs, super smart, sunshine-y personalities, LOVING, stoic, but I firmly believe through hard experience and about $40,000 in vet bills, that breeders have ruined dogs' health with overbreeding and $-centered litters and mixes. Yeah, yeah, there *are* ethical breeders out there who seek to advance and improve a breed before $ but honestly, in the 13 years I've had Finn I"VE NOT MET ONE.

Finn is getting old and he has some health problems. We've pulled him back from the abyss twice when the vets have given up. He and Maggie are the heart and soul of our home. Kenny, I'm with you, NO IDEA how we will lose them and get over it.

Missy, great pic of Apache and you, you party animals!

I love all the dogs and kitties of Pricescope. We are a pet loving bunch :love: :wavey: :appl:

I love Westies!! I grew up with one and my kids feel like they know her because I have shown them pictures of her and still talk about her. My sweet dog was the most loyal loving smart dog ever. Great pet to grow up with. I now have 2 cats that I am totally in love with but if I ever got a dog I would get a Westie.

My son wants to be a vet and he told me if he becomes a vet he will give me free vet care. How great would that be?! We will see :)

melave

Shiny_Rock
Did someone say corgi?

20160107_204358.jpg

20160111_194313.jpg

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Labrador Retrievers. I have had them my entire life. Specifically english labs. Meet Pippa and Theodore!

Theodore (1 year old)

Pippa (1 yr, 5 months old)

img_10659.jpg

12507526_10205337529946470_8213093281680055308_n.jpg

12509740_10205386453569530_4821053147907504077_n.jpg

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We have friends that have a couple of Rhodesian Ridgebacks, they have the best temperament and are beautiful looking dogs. Also American Staffys and Labradors are dogs that I find to be well mannered.

But honestly as long as the dog doesn't get over-excited, jump up and hit me in the pills with both front legs then it's a great dog. If that wasn't a constant issue for me with dogs then I would probably have one in my backyard :(sad

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LoveLikeCrazy|1454770104|3987683 said:
Labrador Retrievers. I have had them my entire life. Specifically english labs. Meet Pippa and Theodore!

Theodore (1 year old)

Pippa (1 yr, 5 months old)

This reminds me about my boss at work, he had a stroke about 7 years ago and lost most of his vision. He was given a guide dog named Hailey, a gorgeous Golden Labrador that had the most quirky and beautiful personality. Unfortunately her kidneys failed and she was put down recently and he has a new black Labrador coming named Lester from the Guide Dogs association. I am keen to meet his new guide dog but I'm still saddened about Hailey, she has left a gaping big hole in the office that is bigger than the hole someone leaves when they move onto a new company. She'd walk around from desk to desk to 'check' on staff and clients would come into the office to discuss trivial stuff they could just simply made a phone call to discuss,

It's just not the same around here anymore :(sad

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1454771584|3987693 said:
LoveLikeCrazy|1454770104|3987683 said:

This reminds me about my boss at work, he had a stroke about 7 years ago and lost most of his vision. He was given a guide dog named Hailey, a gorgeous Golden Labrador that had the most quirky and beautiful personality. Unfortunately her kidneys failed and she was put down recently and he has a new black Labrador coming named Lester from the Guide Dogs association. I am keen to meet his new guide dog but I'm still saddened about Hailey, she has left a gaping big hole in the office that is bigger than the hole someone leaves when they move onto a new company. She'd walk around from desk to desk to 'check' on staff and clients would come into the office to discuss trivial stuff they could just simply made a phone call to discuss,

It's just not the same around here anymore :(sad

I agree that Labs are great, my own late Lab's "quirks" notwithstanding. I would never have kept a dog that bit people on my front porch if he hadn't had a huge number of redeeming values!!! Like Hailey, my dog (Biscuit) had to check on everybody and everything in his environment. He was just very bright and very alert, like an executive secretary who could actually have been the CEO of a big corporation. My Newfie is a lot sweeter and more cuddly, but Biscuit always knew what was going on. My Newf sleeps through it.

biscuitourlabradorretriever.jpg

_36341.jpg

Funion

Rough_Rock
Pitties are the best! This is Porter, acting like a 75 lbs. blanket.

_1896.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many great pictures on here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1454853680|3988012 said:
So many great pictures on here.

I agree. I want all of these beautiful dogs! :love: :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funion|1454848071|3987990 said:

I had a delightful and animated conversation with a cousin I do not believe I had ever met before at a funeral on Wednesday. (Sometimes at sad occasions some wonderful moments occur. I went to this funeral alone to support a relative, my mother's goddaughter and first cousin, and while sitting in a pew was tapped on the shoulder by someone in the line to take communion. It was a Roman Catholic funeral and I am not Roman Catholic, so I was not taking communion there. Tapping me on the shoulder was my aunt, who is 90, and had driven herself to the funeral-a trip of about 75 miles at least for her.)

To make the long story a tad shorter, at lunch later I found my aunt and another female relative who was 90 and whom I knew well were sitting with an elderly women I didn't know and two younger men I also didn't know. When I showed up my aunt said that they had save me a seat. Then the elderly woman I had never to my knowledge seen before started talking about how my my mother had sent pictures of "Debbie" as a "fairy". I wondered if my late mother (who passed away in 2008) had sent this woman photos I had taken of my daughter taken on Hallowe'en. Probably. I don't recall any of me dressed as a fairy back in the 1950's!!!

Eventually I said to the woman that I didn't have a clue who she was. She said, "I'm their cousin", pointing to my aunt and the other woman I knew well. I said that I knew that (because I had figured it out), but what was her name? And she said, "Jane". And I said, " Your're Janie Brown! (not her real name) I went to your wedding when I was four! My grandmother took me!"

We established that it was, indeed, her wedding at which I first saw confetti at age 4. In 1955. One of the two men there was her 60 year old son. The other man was either her son or her grandson. (She had five children; nine grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.)

But the big news was that her son and I bonded over dogs. He has a Pit Bull. And, from the description, my daughter told me it is a Red Nosed Pit Bull like the baby in the picture above. We talked endlessly about the dog and made plans for him to bring his dog down to play with my Newfie. We were leaning back from the table talking after the food was served so that we could talk about his Pit Bull. Dogs are great. Non-aggressive Pit Bulls are fabulous.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1454855523|3988021 said:
Funion|1454848071|3987990 said:

I had a delightful and animated conversation with a cousin I do not believe I had ever met before at a funeral on Wednesday. (Sometimes at sad occasions some wonderful moments occur. I went to this funeral alone to support a relative, my mother's goddaughter and first cousin, and while sitting in a pew was tapped on the shoulder by someone in the line to take communion. It was a Roman Catholic funeral and I am not Roman Catholic, so I was not taking communion there. Tapping me on the shoulder was my aunt, who is 90, and had driven herself to the funeral-a trip of about 75 miles at least for her.)

To make the long story a tad shorter, at lunch later I found my aunt and another female relative who was 90 and whom I knew well were sitting with an elderly women I didn't know and two younger men I also didn't know. When I showed up my aunt said that they had save me a seat. Then the elderly woman I had never to my knowledge seen before started talking about how my my mother had sent pictures of "Debbie" as a "fairy". I wondered if my late mother (who passed away in 2008) had sent this woman photos I had taken of my daughter taken on Hallowe'en. Probably. I don't recall any of me dressed as a fairy back in the 1950's!!!

Eventually I said to the woman that I didn't have a clue who she was. She said, "I'm their cousin", pointing to my aunt and the other woman I knew well. I said that I knew that (because I had figured it out), but what was her name? And she said, "Jane". And I said, " Your're Janie Brown! (not her real name) I went to your wedding when I was four! My grandmother took me!"

We established that it was, indeed, her wedding at which I first saw confetti at age 4. In 1955. One of the two men there was her 60 year old son. The other man was either her son or her grandson. (She had five children; nine grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.)

But the big news was that her son and I bonded over dogs. He has a Pit Bull. And, from the description, my daughter told me it is a Red Nosed Pit Bull like the baby in the picture above. We talked endlessly about the dog and made plans for him to bring his dog down to play with my Newfie. We were leaning back from the table talking after the food was served so that we could talk about his Pit Bull. Dogs are great. Non-aggressive Pit Bulls are fabulous.

Deb, thank you for sharing this lovely story. I just want to address what you wrote about pit bulls. Pit bulls are awesome dogs and not born aggressive but made aggressive by terrible owners. Just saying they are wonderful wonderful animals and have a bad rep/rap because of the people who own them who turn them into aggressive animals. Once again it is the fault of humans and not of the dog who has a sweet nature. If adopted by a person who loves and cares for them they are amazing animals and make great pets for kids and adults alike.

kellyb727

Rough_Rock
AGBF and Missy

Thanks for the nice story, I always end up in a "doggie" discussion when someone finds out I own pit bulls. They really are great dogs. I adopt mine from local animals shelters which are unfortunately, full of pitties. I try to be an ambassador for changing public opinion about them.
I too LOVE seeing all of the fur baby photos!!! Keep them coming.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results