shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite cut diamond?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all cuts of diamonds..In my diamond collection I have mrb, cushion, and emerald cuts..It finally dawned on me that my favorite cut is a cushion..:shock: It’s the smallest diamond I have..but I love it. My cushion has some different faceting than some of the modern cushions..but it is a modern cushion. It took me a long time to realize what my favorite cut is..so I’m curious if you already know your favorite.
Here‘s my baby..Bee..my perfectly eye clean SI2!
ACF891C0-C4C0-4495-8B57-308179D1A636.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty @MamaBee! Also had no idea that there were different flavors of cushions, love the setting too.

I love this cut but I’m not sure if it’s OEC or transitional since it hasn’t been evaluated. It has a bigger table than my OEC’s so that leads me to think it might be bridging the OEC to RBC periods.

It is not my biggest diamond but my favorite cut by far!

CCD61E8C-C784-47EF-B20C-8888D4143EDA.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@YadaYadaYada I love this ring! The diamond is just gorgeous..I’ve never seen an OEC in person..TG..because I think I would want to have one! The diamond bank is permanently closed so no more diamonds for me!
I also love the setting..:kiss2:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I really love transitional cuts and emerald cuts, and you can’t beat the MRB but I have an emotional connection to pears (my mom’s e-ring is a pear she bought herself at an auction and then designed a setting for, she is an honorary PSer lol). Hearts are cute and I wouldn’t turn one down, and rose cuts are so romantic, then you have the old cut glamour…

Yeah I like them all!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada I love this ring! The diamond is just gorgeous..I’ve never seen an OEC in person..TG..because I think I would want to have one! The diamond bank is permanently closed so no more diamonds for me!

Thanks! Yes definitely don’t go trying to find an OEC in person or down the rabbit hole you will go!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@FL_runner Do you have a photo of your mom’s pear? I would love to see it!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'm drawn most to OECs and Antique Cushions including the newly cut ones like the AVCs and AVRs. I also like well cut antique movals.

How can you choose just one?! My philosophy with diamonds is kind of like Pokemon - gotta catch em all ;-)

That being said, I particularly love:
- ECs, the hall of mirrors effect is mesmerising and I find them impossibly chic
- OECs/flowery transitionals; I love the vintage charm and romanticism of the cut
- pears, but only for rings or pendants, because I find them the most flattering shape for those pieces and I love the spread
- polki, because traditional Indian jewelry is stunning and such a strong representation of my culture and heritage; and I love how they look like moonlit water - so different from the others!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I’d be torn. OEC, transitional, or vintage oval all sitting in front of me… I’d struggle to pick “the one”.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m starting to waffle on my favorite cut again! I’m hopeless! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Just for clarification @YadaYadaYada..I was talking about your ring…not mine…It sounded like I was talking about mine..lol

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for clarification @YadaYadaYada..I was talking about your ring…not mine…It sounded like I was talking about mine..lol

Ah too funny, I don’t think it sounded like you were talking about yours ;-)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I’d be torn. OEC, transitional, or vintage oval all sitting in front of me… I’d struggle to pick “the one”.

All your diamonds are beautiful @RetroQT. I love how the shape of an oval looks on my finger. Do you have a hard time finding pretty oval stones?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I change my mind every 5 to 10 years. I love how elongated shapes look on my finger Emerald Cut , Elongated Cushions, Pears and Ovals. Lately I’ve been craving a larger oval.

I love OEC’s to sit snd look at but do not like how the shape looks on my finger.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MRB, OEC, OMC, and some cushions. I really prefer round or rounded square stones (chubby and chunky). I think step cuts are beautiful and sophisticated but they just aren't for me.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I don't think you can beat a near-colorless MRB with super-ideal proportions for maximum sparkle!

But I haven't really seen any good cushions or radiants in real life...I have a feeling I might like that crushed-ice look....

I also love the Art Deco era, so I love a good step-cut.

Must I pick just one??

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I don't think you can beat a near-colorless MRB with super-ideal proportions for maximum sparkle!

But I haven't really seen any good cushions or radiants in real life...I have a feeling I might like that crushed-ice look....

I also love the Art Deco era, so I love a good step-cut.

Must I pick just one??
Considering I keep changing my mind since I started this thread..I guess not! You know that song..”Love The One You’re With”! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I cannot choose. Depends for what occasion of course. 8)

Antique big fat D VVS1 Emerald for a sophisticated black tie dinner party.
Chunky antique pear for fun outdoor parties.
Antique Cushion for plays, musicals and long dinners with friends.
And charity events.
My Enso bands for hiking, cycling and anything active.
My chunky monkey OEC for daily wear. Including Costco runs.

bubbalahinsummer.png

:)

FYI the first three are my daydream list.
I do not have those in real diamonds.
Yet.

:lol:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Anything antique cut, but I have a particular soft spot for OMCs
But my dream? An antique pear like this:
The Dresden
Dresden.jpg
I also secretly have always loved, loved, loved the Titanic 3 stone but with pear or maybe omc stones.
1661021735447.png

I can't afford EGD, but if I could find it in LGD? I'd be all over it.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
radiant for modern diamonds, hard to find a good one. OEC forever.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I cannot choose. Depends for what occasion of course. 8)

Antique big fat D VVS1 Emerald for a sophisticated black tie dinner party.
Chunky antique pear for fun outdoor parties.
Antique Cushion for plays, musicals and long dinners with friends.
And charity events.
My Enso bands for hiking, cycling and anything active.
My chunky monkey OEC for daily wear. Including Costco runs.

bubbalahinsummer.png

:)

FYI the first three are my daydream list.
I do not have those in real diamonds.
Yet.

:lol:

THIS is so MISSY! I feel your likes :) xo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results