shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite? Coke or Pepsi, diet or regular?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DancingFire and Thing's discussion in another thread got me wondering which cola you like better?? Or do you prefer another soda?
Do you like it in a can, bottle, or glass?
with or without ice?
Regular or diet?

E B

Ideal_Rock
My favorite is Diet Dr. Pepper, with Diet Coke a close (and I mean neck-and-neck) second. I like them both in a glass with ice.
18.gif

What about you, Skippy?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Coke Zero (tastes closest to regular coke to me) and Coke Vanilla Zero and occasionally a regular Coke, yummy!
18.gif
I do love it with a lime or lemon but that only happens when I go to restaurants and I am too lazy to cut up lemons at home.
1.gif
When I am at home I love it from the 1 litter bottles poured in a glass with crushed ice.

Hi Ebree, thanks for asking!
35.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to be addicted to coke. Then about 9 years ago, someone told me if I tried diet coke for a week, I would never go back. I hated diet coke, but after drinking it for a week, I found this to be true. I loved my soda with a lot of ice.

I stopped drinking coke in 2003. Mostly because while in Europe, beer was cheaper than than soda.
3.gif
I decided coke was something I could live without and have been coke-free for 6 years. It''s been a good thing.

TGuy has made the switch to Coke Zero, which he loves.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I dont have pop often, I'd choose Coke over Pepsi any day! I find Pepsi waayy too sweet.

Diet anything tastes blech.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:25:17 PM
Author:Skippy123
DancingFire and Thing's discussion in another thread got me wondering which cola you like better?? Or do you prefer another soda?
with or without ice?
Regular or diet?
I like regular Coke in a glass with ice. Love the bottled Coke, but you don't see that around here too often. Because of caffeine, I don't have it very often. I really love my Canada Dry Club soda, in a cup no ice, and very cold. No calories, no sodium, it's heaven.
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:32:38 PM
Author: kama_s
Although I dont have pop often, I''d choose Coke over Pepsi any day! I find Pepsi waayy too sweet.

Diet anything tastes blech.
Pepsi is definitely too sweet. I used to say I prefered coke because it''s more bitter, like me!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never liked Pepsi, way too sweet. I''d rather drink water than drink Pepsi.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:38:00 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I never liked Pepsi, way too sweet. I'd rather drink water than drink Pepsi.
Oh that is how I feel about Dr. Pepper (an acquired taste). I wished I liked it because hubby and my family loves it, oh well.

I can drink Pepsi but I will chose Coke over it if given the choice. Oh Lisa, yes, caffeine keeps me awake so no soda with caffeine after 1pm or I can't sleep.

TGAL, I am like TGUY, I love Coke Zero; I also love the Orange Diet Coke in Europe, yum
3.gif

Kama_S, have you tried Zero? it tastes closest to regular.
3.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
I agree with everyone saying pepsi is too sweet (I prefer Coke), but I really prefer cherry pepsi to cherry coke. I guess it needs the sweetness there.

That said I don''t drink very much soda.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I agree that Pepsi's too sweet, but my husband's a total Pepsi man. He used to drink a lot of Diet Vanilla Pepsi- talk about sweet!

It's been a long time since I've had a soft drink, but when I wanted something really sweet, I'd drink a Sunkist orange soda.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I am a serious Diet Coke addict :) I can''t live without it! I should know, I''ve tried...

When there''s no diet to be found, I will definitely grab a Coke, even though I generally think they''re too sweet. Pepsi is a total no-no... it''s not even that I don''t like the flavor, I just HATE how quickly Pepsi products go flat! I can hear my Diet Coke''s carbonation bubbling in the can for hours if I don''t drink it quickly enough.
18.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:44:02 PM
Author: EBree
I agree that Pepsi's too sweet, but my husband's a total Pepsi man. He used to drink a lot of Diet Vanilla Pepsi- talk about sweet!

It's been a long time since I've had a soft drink, but when I wanted something really sweet, I'd drink a Sunkist orange soda.
Ebree, That is one of my all time FAV's reminds me of summertime
emhot.gif

KatyWI, Oh I didn't know that; I love carbonation!!!

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I love Coke, of course! But I really enjoy a nice Diet Caffeine free Coke, mmmm! Or a tasty Fresca, but for the past maybe 3 weeks I''ve really been enjoying Gingerale. Is it obvious that I spent a lot of time with my grandma as a kid?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
allergic to NutraSweet so regular.

Pepsi rules and coke drools

From a bottle buy 2l and refile a 1l that I carry with me all the time lol

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:46:21 PM
Author: KatyWI
I am a serious Diet Coke addict :) I can't live without it! I should know, I've tried...

When there's no diet to be found, I will definitely grab a Coke, even though I generally think they're too sweet. Pepsi is a total no-no... it's not even that I don't like the flavor, I just HATE how quickly Pepsi products go flat! I can hear my Diet Coke's carbonation bubbling in the can for hours if I don't drink it quickly enough.
18.gif
That's funny KatyWI. I didn't know Pepsi goes flat. Another reason not to buy Pepsi.

I forgot Storm is a huge fan of Pepsi. Oh well old habits die hard.... You go and enjoy your Pepsi Storm, but try my Canada Dry Club soda, pretty please?? It's good for ya!!!!
2.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diet Coke hands down! You could say I have a Coke addiction.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:46:21 PM
Author: KatyWI
I just HATE how quickly Pepsi products go flat!
coke is over carbonated and tastes bleck flat which is 5 min after opening.
Pepsi still tastes great when flat.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Coke Zero all the way! I get so excited when I see that a restaurant has Coke Zero. More and more of them are serving it!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE regular Coke in a bottle--ahhhhh.
18.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone remember "OK" cola?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:32:50 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 3/28/2009 11:25:17 PM

Author:Skippy123

DancingFire and Thing''s discussion in another thread got me wondering which cola you like better?? Or do you prefer another soda?

with or without ice?

Regular or diet?
I like regular Coke in a glass with ice. Love the bottled Coke, but you don''t see that around here too often. Because of caffeine, I don''t have it very often. I really love my Canada Dry Club soda, in a cup no ice, and very cold. No calories, no sodium, it''s heaven.
3.gif

OH ME TOOOOOO!!! Love Canada Dry Club Soda. I put a wedge of lime in my glass. No ice for me either. I find it makes me burp though.
9.gif

I rarely drink soda, but if I do it is Diet Pepsi. Again, I put a twist of lemon or lime in it, no ice.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Kola Champagne
In a can
With Ice
In all its regular glory

Bia

Ideal_Rock
My favorite drink in the whole world is Coca Cola (regular, in the can). BUT I only have it once or twice a month. Nowadays I get by with Schweppes seltzer. It has no calories, no sodium, and it does the trick to curb my soda itch.

Pepsi? It will do but it is a little sweet for my taste.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:29:50 PM
Author: Skippy123
I love Coke Zero (tastes closest to regular coke to me) and Coke Vanilla Zero and occasionally a regular Coke, yummy!

Me too, Coke Zero rocks! I like it very cold but no or little ice and I prefer drinking it from a glass but will drink from the can if necessary.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 12:29:07 AM
Author: coatimundi
Does anyone remember ''OK'' cola?
vaguely, but not sure. We may have sold it in our store. I remember thinking JOLT! cola could not possibly be a good idea.

I remember drinking a lot of pepsi when I was a kid because they had some kind of bottle top promotion. Me and my bro were sure we were going to strike it rich so that was all we drank at my parent''s store. Even worse, when we were bored, we''d go back into the soft drink cooler (basically a room right behind the fridge shelves where customers picked up their software drinks) and start opening pepsi bottles from the stock trying to find the winning bottle cap. And then we''d SCREW THEM BACK!
23.gif

I hope you guys CLEAN your soda cans if you drink straight out of them. Those soda cans are filthy, and I am not a germophobe.

Anyone notice how huge the can hole is compared to the good ole days?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Honestly - neither, not really a big fan of softdrink..now iced tea and juices, them I''m addicted to!
But, like Coati, if I do drink Coke, it should be regular and from a glass bottle and very cold! Than it''s pretty nice
5.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 12:34:57 AM

Coati, never heard of it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OK_Soda was it good? or just ok?
31.gif
Nope, now that I see it, it was way after the time where I regularly worked at my parent''s store. I do remember some kind of awful coffee coke that we sold. I''m not even sure it was awful, I was afraid to try it.

We sold Coke, Pepsi, RC and Tab (What WAS Tab, exactly anyway?)

I still think those Shasta soda commercials were one of the cheesiest ever.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 12:34:57 AM

Coati, never heard of it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OK_Soda was it good? or just ok?
31.gif

Frankly, it was just OK. haha!

There were "deep thoughts" printed on the cans, and you could call a 1-800# to describe your experience with the cola.

Tgal--I''ve had my share of JOLT.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results