shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite? Coke or Pepsi, diet or regular?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 8:21:08 AM
Author: steph72276
I am a COKE girl all the way.....grew up in GA (headquarters of Coke), and that''s what we call all sodas there....we will say ''would you like a Coke'' and the person says yes, then we would say ''what kind? Sprite, Coke, Dr. Pepper, etc''! Haha, I remember visiting my aunt in Ohio when I was little and she asked me if I wanted a pop and I was like what? I thought she was giving me a spanking! I try not to drink it often, but when I do, it has to be ice cold regular Coke from the can!
YES!!! We called all soft drinks cokes when I was growing up in SC, too!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 3:01:51 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 3/30/2009 2:50:32 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 3/30/2009 1:07:15 PM

Author: Italiahaircolor

I love Mexican coke that we buy from an ethnic grocery store near our home. It is imported from Mexico in glass bottles and tastes totally different. It''s sooooo good!
cuz they use cow piss.
14.gif

OMG, where on earth did you hear that from? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
a guy from Mexico whom works for Coke.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 11:56:57 AM
Author: kama_s

Date: 3/28/2009 11:41:09 PM
Author: Skippy123

Kama_S, have you tried Zero? it tastes closest to regular.
3.gif
Really?!! Ooohh, maybe I''ll get some when I go grocery shopping today!

I used to like C2 (coke product). It was a mix of regular coke and diet coke, so half the cals and the taste wasn''t all too bad. They stopped selling it, probably because they launched Zero.
Skipppppppyyyyy, I tried Coke Zero today!! You''re totally right - it tastes better than diet, although still a tad bit too sweet for my likes. Great for the odd time when I''m jonesing for a soda!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 11:19:43 PM

Date: 3/29/2009 11:56:57 AM

Date: 3/28/2009 11:41:09 PM

Kama_S, have you tried Zero? it tastes closest to regular.
3.gif
Really?!! Ooohh, maybe I''ll get some when I go grocery shopping today!

I used to like C2 (coke product). It was a mix of regular coke and diet coke, so half the cals and the taste wasn''t all too bad. They stopped selling it, probably because they launched Zero.
Skipppppppyyyyy, I tried Coke Zero today!! You''re totally right - it tastes better than diet, although still a tad bit too sweet for my likes. Great for the odd time when I''m jonesing for a soda!
Oh fun! haha, glad you liked it.
9.gif
36.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i like coke way better than pepsi, but drink diet coke the most. tryingto keep the calories down.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 1:07:15 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I love Mexican coke that we buy from an ethnic grocery store near our home. It is imported from Mexico in glass bottles and tastes totally different. It''s sooooo good!
I was at the bar at restaurant and the guy next to me ordered that Mexican coke in the long, skinny glass bottle. (This was at Jardiniere, as in Iron Chef Tracy des Jardins). He explained that it is made with sugar cane instead of regular sugar. It is a speciality at the restaurant, which is in San Francisco.

I totally prefer regular Coke to diet or any form of Pepsi, (pepsi too sweet).

BTW, Tab is back. I just saw some for sale at a local store. Shocking to see that pink can!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 5:55:50 PM

Date: 4/6/2009 5:49:41 PM

Oh my gosh, that reminded me of a time when I went to stay at my friends house when I was in middle school and her mom made pasta for dinner and the cat jumped in the pasta and her mom rinsed the pasta. I thought I was going to die! I said I wasn't very hungry and ate an apple instead.
Haha, that's hilarious! In my defense though, the pasta was uncooked...AND my floors were super clean
4.gif

P.S.: Guess what? I bought a whole carton of Coke Zero yesterday!! Such a bad influence, you!
31.gif
Sorry for the threadjack, TG!
hope you don't mind me responding to your post here.
lol.gif
LOL to the coke zero; it is yummy, huh
31.gif

Becon, that is good to know about the coke from Mexico. In Las Vegas they had a coke world and the coke they had in Mexico was sweeter so that makes sense.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE Mexican Coke - it is so much better with the sugar cane than the high fructose corn syrup in regular coke. It's got a much more refreshing taste. It only comes in glass bottles though so at anywhere from $1.25 -$2.50 a bottle it can get expensive really quick if you have a "coke" addiction.

As an alternative, for the few weeks leading up to Passover (NOW), you can buy 2 litre bottles of Coke made with sucrose (tastes about as good as the mexican coke). It's packaged in the regular bottles but has a bright yellow cap which says U-P on it. You can find it in most major cities for the next week or two.

Here is a link about it. If you love it stock up as they only make it once a year.

http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/2009/03/27/kosher-for-passover-coke-its-the-real-thing-baby/

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 6:19:06 PM
Author: Emeraldfan
I LOVE Mexican Coke - it is so much better with the sugar cane than the high fructose corn syrup in regular coke. It''s got a much more refreshing taste. It only comes in glass bottles though so at anywhere from $1.25 -$2.50 a bottle it can get expensive really quick if you have a ''coke'' addiction.

As an alternative, for the few weeks leading up to Passover (NOW), you can buy 2 litre bottles of Coke made with sucrose (tastes about as good as the mexican coke). It''s packaged in the regular bottles but has a bright yellow cap which says U-P on it. You can find it in most major cities for the next week or two.

Here is a link about it. If you love it stock up as they only make it once a year.

http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/2009/03/27/kosher-for-passover-coke-its-the-real-thing-baby/

Hmmmmm interesting.

I''m don''t celebrate Passover but I''d be interested to see if it really does taste better. Will pick this up. Thanks!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a big "pop" drinker (yes, we call it "pop" here in the great white north) but if I had to choose it would be
straight up Coke Classic.

My fav is Dr Pepper... remember those commercials? Be a Pepper, Drink Dr Pepper.... So 70''s.....

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Coke! Although my mom is a diehard Pepsi fan, and that''s what I drank growing up.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
I like Coke out of an old school glass bottle! SO good.

My boyfriend likes Dr. Pepper. On rare occasions when we go to McDonald''s I will get a coke and he will get a Dr. Pepper and it makes me so mad because he will drink half of my coke and not realize that it''s NOT DR. PEPPER! That makes no sense to me, Dr. Pepper is such a DISTINCT (and gross) taste to me, I don''t know how someone could not know whether they''re drinking it or not!

I always tell him, just order coke if you can''t tell the difference!

SHEESH!
20.gif

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
My Grandma used to tell me that Dr. Pepper secretly had prune juice as one of the ingredients.
I think I had blocked that from my memory until Dr. Pepper was mentioned here...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results