shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your dream trip?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I'm officially tired of day-to-day life this week (already!) so it's time to start day dreaming.

Now, this game isn't "You can only take one trip" or "This is the last vacation you ever get to take." It's "What's the trip you dream about?" In your heart of hearts, what is the trip that you just can't let go of? The one that you will find a way to take some day, no matter what, because you want it THAT badly?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
For me, it's a safari. I want to see the Masai Mara during the migration. I want to sleep in one of those gorgeous lodges and ride around and try to get pictures of amazing animals. I want to see giraffes and lions and hyenas out in the world, not from hanging out in front of their enclosures at the zoo. And I want to see Mt. Kilimanjaro in person (and maybe hike/climb part of it).

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fiji/Bora Bora and the Greek Isles!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Fiji/Bora Bora overwater bungalows. I dream about it all the time.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Around the world cruise

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Italy, I'd want to tour it in entirety and see all of the historical remnants that they take for granted. I'd want to stay in magical villas, and houses overlooking the water. I'd want to try as much local food and wine as possible, and sleep with the windows open to enjoy the night air.

Viola

Shiny_Rock
LadyBlue said:

:love: So do I! It's my dream destination! I've heard they have the most beautiful beaches in the world.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely love to see Bora Bora! It looks soooooo pretty.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to go to Israel to see Leibish's entire fancy colored diamond inventory.

I'd bring my 10 little ones and swap and trade away.
Well . . . 9. The heart's not mine.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Maldives... before the islands disappear!!
Then Fiji :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to spend the summer on Ireland's An Daingean peninsula. I've already been there once and it felt like home. I can't wait to go back.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
LadyBlue|1305052834|2917565 said:

This. I dream about it, too. Then I realize how expensive it will be... :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Australia/NZ hands down.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since my dream is to travel to ALL the places I want to go, I couldn't pick just one spot. I've sat here and tried. I guess I never had a dream destination - it was just to travel, period.

Actually, back when I was kid, I did always dream to go to Australia, and for my first solo trip, that's where I went. Now my kid is half Aussie, and Australia is just "home." I love it there, but it no longer carries mystique or interest for me as a vacation destination.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
1) St. Lucia Jade Mountain Resort with just DH

and also

2) I want to take a beer tour of Ireland, Belgium, Amsterdam and Germany with my brothers/sister, DH, and DH's brother...My brothers LOVE beer and I dream of taking them on a huge European Beer Tour one day...but it's soooo expensive!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1305057142|2917649 said:
Since my dream is to travel to ALL the places I want to go, I couldn't pick just one spot. I've sat here and tried. I guess I never had a dream destination - it was just to travel, period.

Actually, back when I was kid, I did always dream to go to Australia, and for my first solo trip, that's where I went. Now my kid is half Aussie, and Australia is just "home." I love it there, but it no longer carries mystique or interest for me as a vacation destination.

Ditto-this describes me perfectly. I've gone everywhere I've really wanted to go ever since I was 17!

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
How many answers can I have???

Italy, Australia, Japan (since Eastern Asia / Japanese were my majors in college), Hawaii (oh the diving to be had there!), Alaska (glaciers!), Spain.....

Ahhhh - thanks princess now I will be trip daydreaming all the rest of the week and get no work done :devil:

ETA: Ireland!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1305057142|2917649 said:

That's generally me, but a safari...I was 7 the first time I heard about somebody taking a safari, and I was hooked. It seemed like such a cool idea, and it was something I had never thought was possible (back when maps were basically lies because nothing outside of the US existed, instead of massive to-do/to-see lists like they are now). I don't know. It still seems so magical to me. I'm sure our South African PSers are laughing at me, but man. I want it SO BADLY.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somewhere yummy and warm.

Great food
Warm weather
Gorgeous views
Great drinks at 9 am

Italy, I guess!

Oh, and please does this dream trip include a nanny for my kids so I don't have to spend 1/2 the vaca explaining that Alphy's isn't actually an Italian resturant?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1305054870|2917605 said:
I want to spend the summer on Ireland's An Daingean peninsula. I've already been there once and it felt like home. I can't wait to go back.

I'm going back on my yearly trip there in about 8 weeks!! Cannot wait!

To answer the question, I think it would probably be Singapore and Australia. We've done the trip twice already but we just adore it so we'd love to go back.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Lots of places on my list but one that I really, really want to do is to go and see the Aurora Borealis...

Oh, I spent an hour in the Maldives 2 weeks ago... does that count as visiting? :bigsmile: Oh and it was pouring with rain!

ETA: Anyone thinking of going to Italy... remember it's blooming freezing in the Winter (Tuscany can easily hit -10 C) and if you want to sleep with the windows open in the summer take a mosquito net and a lot of DEET. I had friends hospitalised one year with severe mosquito bites that swelled up like golf-balls. I used to dread them in the summer. I got bitten so badly one summer in Milan (56 bites on my feet alone) that I was off work for 2 days I felt so sick.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are so many place I want to see but the one I dream about most frequently is Hawaii. It's just SO expensive and soooo far away from where we live.

I also want to go back to Ireland. We loved it and my husband would move there tomorrow if he could.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Antarctica. It just looks so mystical and alien and...cold!

I've wanted to go there since forever (and I mean wander around, see the research stations, freeze my butt off looking at penguins- none of that "glide past on a tourist boat but not set foot on the landmass" nonsense, though I realise there is an environmental argument here).

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I want to climb Mt. Everest and Mt. Kilimanjaro...we'll see if I ever make it to either one...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have quite a few.

Like some of the others, I want to do those bungalows in Fiji/Bora Bora!

I also want to go to the Maldives, since they won't be around in a century or so.

Greece - I dream of visiting Santorini, and the Acropolis, etc.

England - Because I'm a literature nerd, and my era is Renaissance British Literature.

And I really, really want to go back to New Zealand and to Spain.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
30 days or so in Australia/NZ should cover it.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm lucky in that I've already taken my dream vacation - we went to Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora for two weeks on our honeymoon. The overwater bungalows were all that I had hoped for and more.

My second dream trip is Italy and I'm crossing my fingers we get to spend a month in Italy this summer.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Kama, do you have any pics from your honeymoon?

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
ok i think ive narrowed it down some (how can i choose!):

* 6 weeks or so in Nepal to do the EBC trek and the Annapurna Circuit
* Kilimanjaro (have been to Tanzania but didnt do it)
* Galapagos Islands dive trip
* South/Central America in general
* Morocco and Northern Africa
* Russia

ok i had more but ive realised ive still failed miserably at this one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results