carat
color
clarity

What is your current obsession?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Makes me happy others also obsess about lights/lighting!

cheers--Sharon

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
O o o
Art Deco lights.
Heres mine.
The hall light I bought long before I even owned a house because I knew how rare it was. It has hand painted dogs on each of the glass panels. No way it wasn’t going home with me!
the kitchen light is the ladies holding the flames. Love this one.
the study has a Saturn lamp, the centre is frosted floral relief.
and the formal lounge and dining set came from America. Gawd the shipping cost. However they were a matched set and perfect so I just bit the bullet. IMG_9169.jpeg IMG_9167.jpeg IMG_9168.jpeg IMG_9171.jpeg IMG_9173.jpeg IMG_9172.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love vintage lighting! My home was built in 1907 in a style called Victorian vernacular. Basically it’s the style of home the average person lived in, in my city, in the first decades of the last century. Anyway, when we stripped it to the studs to restore and renovate, we tried to use period appropriate lighting on the main floor. Most of the lighting is antique brass with reproduction glassware. We got the Tiffany style lamps second hand from private sellers. These lights are one of my favourite design elements in my home.

IMG_1932.jpeg

IMG_1933.jpeg

IMG_1934.jpeg

IMG_1937.jpeg

IMG_1938.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1936.jpeg
    IMG_1936.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 4

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
As for obsessions, I have recently begun indulging my gem and jewelry interests after a very long hiatus dedicated to raising my kids and struggling with poor health. My kids are 12 and 15 now and so much more self-sufficient. And I was finally able to get a complex medical condition treated and I’m feeling better than I have in a decade… I have decided that as part of my healing I will be focusing on indulging in more pleasurable activities in my life. I’ve had too much focus on survival and now it’s time for joy.

So I am indulging myself with jewelry. One step at a time I want to build a beautiful jewelry wardrobe. Nothing too extravagant, just fine beautiful items that give me pleasure to look at.

I am also trying to return to the arts. I haven’t indulged my creativity in many decades, but I used to paint and make pottery and decoupage arts. I went to one of those ceramic places this winter and made this for my mom. It took me about 10 hours to paint, layer upon layer of color which was then carved away to reveal the colors beneath. Now I’m a little obsessed and want to make myself a whole set of servingware!

Undercolor.
IMG_1610.jpeg

Top layer.
IMG_1612.jpeg

Carving.
IMG_1613.jpeg

Cleaned up.
IMG_1616.jpeg

Fired.

IMG_1669.jpeg

IMG_1668.jpeg

IMG_1670.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love plants and used to have them all around my home when I was single but then I got cats and that put an end to that. Little imps that they are. I miss having all that beautiful greenery around...if you have a chance I would love to see a photo of your pandan plant

Here it is Missy!

Still thinking about what to do in terms of splitting it up. There are so many videos! Straight into the pot or sprout roots first! I don’t know what to commit to!!!

This is the baby plant we had delivered during the first lockdown in 2020

22d39756-61d3-4fbc-afde-effb0459bf16.jpeg

Just taken today

68a1b083-b8cf-4c86-9ed8-ea112be02a40.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results