shape
carat
color
clarity

What is wrong with this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beachboy

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking / educating myself for about six months and all help would be appreciated.
I plan to buy a round brillant just under 1.00. Eye/mind clean VS2/SI1. F - H. I have learned that cut is the most important factor for most.
Wondering about this diamond? Again, thanks for any input. I''m always impressed with the time and effort so many give to this forum to help newbies like me.

6.28 - 6.30 x 3.83 mm
F
SI1
Excellent - cut grade

Depth: 60.9%
Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 34
Crown Height: 14.5%
Pavilion Angle: 41
Pavilion Depth: 43.5
Star length: 55%
Lower half: 75%
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Cutlet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Clarity: Crystal

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 11:07:10 AM
Author:beachboy
I've been lurking / educating myself for about six months and all help would be appreciated.
I plan to buy a round brillant just under 1.00. Eye/mind clean VS2/SI1. F - H. I have learned that cut is the most important factor for most.
Wondering about this diamond? Again, thanks for any input. I'm always impressed with the time and effort so many give to this forum to help newbies like me.

6.28 - 6.30 x 3.83 mm
F
SI1
Excellent - cut grade

Welcome!

The diamond looks promising by the numbers, I can't see anything ' wrong' with it at all, if it is from an online vendor can you get an ASET or Idealscope image for it please? Also make sure it fits your expectations concerning ' eyecleanliness' by asking the vendor, for example if you don't want to see any visible inclusions from any angle at close scrutiny, make sure you tell the vendor that so you are both on the same page.

And thank you for your very kind words, the veteran PSers work very hard to be of help to those who are new to diamond buying, so the positive feedback is much appreciated, thank you!

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 11:07:10 AM
Author:beachboy
I''ve been lurking / educating myself for about six months and all help would be appreciated.

Wondering about this diamond? Again, thanks for any input. I''m always impressed with the time and effort so many give to this forum to help newbies like me.

6.28 - 6.30 x 3.83 mm

F

SI1

Excellent - cut grade

what does "Clarity: Crystal" means? isn''t clarity SI1?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
SI1 is the clarity. Crystal is the type of inclusion is has.

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 1:31:59 PM
Author: swingirl
SI1 is the clarity. Crystal is the type of inclusion is has.

Thanks swingirl..
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto on looking great so far, but an Idealscope would be helpful if possible.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results