shape
carat
color
clarity

What is with flight differences?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Trying to book a flight back from Dallas to NY NON-STOP at 7pm or so (March 29th), but all I get are $725+ flights!
My booking from NY to Dallas was about $125, NON STOP. What gives? I even used bookingbuddy.com to try all the search engines and NOTHING!

Any secrets to getting a non-stop for under the price of a small child?!

Sorry had to vent! HELP!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sure, work with a good travel agent.
My agent has always been able to get me better prices than any online place.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
try www.cheaptickets.com

I find a flight for you at about $180 . . . check it asap since these things change fast.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Missed the nonstop part . . . sorry

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed the drastic price difference also -- I booked tickets to Boston for 160 about a month ago, now, for next month, they''re 260. Kind of annoying, I thought it may be b/c the weather''s getting better?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, John saves the day!!! What a sweetie pie! I use Expedia most of the time; best wishes!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Think maybe spring break prices are fueling prices for flights and hotels.

I know my local hotels have jacked up rooms double to triple what they usually are.

Could also be the increase in gas prices too.

Good luck with finding something.

Rockdoc

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 7:46:25 PM
Author: Skippy123

Wow, John saves the day!!! What a sweetie pie! I use Expedia most of the time; best wishes!
LOL Thanks Skippy... However, reading it again, my pie would be sweeter if I gave more relevant info:

Dallas-NY instead of the reverse (blame drummer-dyslexia)
2.gif

Nicerz, still no-joy on the nonstop. There's a Southwest flight out of Dallas-Love to LaGuardia with a quick stop in Hou for $254, but it's early out at 5:30.

If you don't mind flying into Jersey, Orbitz has DFW-EWR for $139 leaving at your hoped-for time.
(I think Newark is about 45 minutes from JFK?)

DFW2NY.jpg

hfollett

Rough_Rock
Try making a round trip reservation instead of one-way - but just never use the 2nd leg of the ticket.

American has a bunch of non-stops from DFW to LGA. I selected departing at 8p on the 29th and returning any time on Tue, March 10th for $339. It''ll be at least $5 cheaper on American''s site.

You can also go non-stop into Newark as someone else mentioned, then just take the train into Grand Central or wherever you want to go. Roundtrip, leaving at 7:40p on the 29th on Continental is $273.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 9:56:16 PM
Author: hfollett

Try making a round trip reservation instead of one-way - but just never use the 2nd leg of the ticket.

American has a bunch of non-stops from DFW to LGA. I selected departing at 8p on the 29th and returning any time on Tue, March 10th for $339. It''ll be at least $5 cheaper on American''s site.

You can also go non-stop into Newark as someone else mentioned, then just take the train into Grand Central or wherever you want to go. Roundtrip, leaving at 7:40p on the 29th on Continental is $273.
If you can carry-on all your luggage those are savvy options.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
John,
LOL, I didn''t even notice, but what a sweetie for trying.
36.gif
36.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Trying it again today! John THANK YOU!!! grrr.....i hate layovers....I HATE LAYOVERS!!!
29.gif

Hikerchick, and hfollett thank you both as well!!

Skippy you crack me up!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results