shape
carat
color
clarity

Blog What is White Gold and Why is it so Popular?

bcmacdonald

Staff member

bcmacdonald published a new blog post.
It’s an obvious question: What is White Gold? Yet we don’t really think about it until we’re thinking of buying a ring or other piece of jewelry. But it’s important to consider what white gold is, and how this determines its value, strength, and looks. You’ll then be best positioned to weigh up the pros...

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smithee

Rough_Rock
It's an egregious omission to write an article about white gold and not mention its nickel content and associated allergies. There should be a complete section on how North American white gold differs from European white gold, the drawbacks of a nickel-based alloy, and the EU Nickel Directive.

It's a shame how many consumers discover too late that they're allergic to their white gold wedding bands because they were unaware of its nickel content at time of purchase. People tend to think that, because it's gold, it must be safe. In reality, standard North American white gold is one of the most allergenic metals you can purchase.

bcmacdonald

Staff member
@Smithee thank you so much for your input. I'll be sure to mention these important facts in our next Gold related article.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Concur with @Smithee that allergy to White Gold due to Nickel in the alloy should be mentioned.

DK :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things just go in and out of style, metal color, diamond shape, setting styles.

People are different so either buy what you like ... or, if it's more important to you to be seen wearing what others like, then do that.
Either way, you can't lose since you are choosing what you prefer.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suppose noone will be surprised that I feel compelled to point out that WG is not always plated ::)

bcmacdonald

Staff member
Check out our latest Blogpost on White Gold. We would love to hear your thoughts =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results