I have a chance to buy the following diamond:

IGI Certification

round brilliant 1.62 ct

7.33 - 7.41 x 4.72 mm
polish/symmetry good/good

clarity I2

color F

flouresence none

I haven't seen the stone or cert in person and only have the info from the IGI site. It is obviously lacking some data like cut grade, table %, crown height - angle, pavilion depth - angle, girdle thickness and culet which I have requested from the owner(yet to receive). The owner states that the imperfections are hard to see due to its color. Usually I wouldn't consider an I stone but for the right price - maybe. Any thoughts? Also what would be a good price for this stone. I think it would only be worth it to me if I could get it for a really good price. I usually only buy GIA stones because I trust what they say. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that stone is cut very deep and and I2, which by IGI is probably worse. Have you seen it in person? personally, I wouldn't buy it unless I could get it for super cheap and then I'd send it to Brian Gavin to be recut, but even then the clarity may not be able to be improved.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I am not even sure if it could be recut because of the inclusions. I don't think color will mask inclusions and I would not buy an I2 without lots of pictures and an iron-clad return policy. I would look elsewhere!

redmess

Rough_Rock
slg47|1307069710|2936655 said:
I am not even sure if it could be recut because of the inclusions. I don't think color will mask inclusions and I would not buy an I2 without lots of pictures and an iron-clad return policy. I would look elsewhere!

This is a private party so no returns.

redmess

Rough_Rock
mrssalvo|1307069629|2936653 said:
that stone is cut very deep and and I2, which by IGI is probably worse. Have you seen it in person? personally, I wouldn't buy it unless I could get it for super cheap and then I'd send it to Brian Gavin to be recut, but even then the clarity may not be able to be improved.

What would you consider super cheap? I have not seen it in person. I am trying to figure out if it is even worth my time to take a look.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
redmess|1307070159|2936667 said:
mrssalvo|1307069629|2936653 said:

What would you consider super cheap? I have not seen it in person. I am trying to figure out if it is even worth my time to take a look.

I honestly don't think it's worth it to even bother looking at it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results