shape
carat
color
clarity

what is this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have a ring that was my great grandmother''s. It is a two stone ring. One stone is a CZ for sure, the other is a deep purple/wine colored stone. It''s quite possible that it is just another man made something, but has anyone ever seen one that is wine colored?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Could be a garnet. A picture might help but you can''t get 100% identification from just a picture/description.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wine coloured? Is that burgundy? Based on the fact that the other stone is a CZ, it is possible that the coloured stone is either a synthetic, amethyst or garnet.

morecarats

Shiny_Rock
"has anyone ever seen one that is wine colored?"

We need more information ... cabernet? zinfandel? pinot noir? I really hope for your sake it''s not merlot-colored ...
18.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Do you see dispersion of light (i.e. rainbow flashes, like those that you can easily see in a CZ) in this stone? If you do, it''s probably another synthetic, maybe even a CZ. I''ve seen them in many colors, and this "fire" is what gives them away easily, cause there''s no natural stone of that color that has such a high degree of dispersion.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
no rainbow flashes

I''m horrible at wines... it is a burgundy ish color. Like a deep reddish purple....

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a garnet to me.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results