carat
color
clarity

What is this man trying to do to me?!?

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
amc80 said:
If I were your boyfriend, this is what would be going on in my head:

"Sweet, she did all the work for me. I can now maintain the status quo. She is going to portray being engaged without it costing me anything or requiring any additional commitment on my part."

I understand what you want to do, I really do. But you are essentially giving him ALL the power in your relationship. You are saying that he can do nothing at all and still receive all the benefits as if he had actually stepped up. Don't sell yourself short.

Go to Paris. Have a blast. Be committed to your relationship if that's what you want. But don't expect him to rush to propose, since he won't really be gaining anything. And if you meet someone else? Just sing him these words: "If you liked it then YOU should have put a ring on it."

WORD!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I'd be too paranoid that wearing a ring on my left finger, a diamond no less, was bad luck! But... I am superstitious.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
ilovethiswebsite said:
I'd be too paranoid that wearing a ring on my left finger, a diamond no less, was bad luck! But... I am superstitious.

Heh, yeah. I heard about that when I was in high school. I wore a leaf-ring that my mom wore when she was around my age and that was just the finger it ended up fitting on. I never thought anything of it. Then some girls came up to me and said I was never going to get proposed to/married.
I'm all for superstitions, like not whistling in the house, but wearing a ring? Nah. However, I would definitely try to avoid wearing over-worn jewelry that belonged to someone else. Just an energy exchange thing. :)

The ring I wear now also belonged to my mom. She doesn't wear much daily jewelry, so I get to have my "pickings." :D

amc80

Ideal_Rock
wakingdreams53 said:
I'm all for superstitions, like not whistling in the house, but wearing a ring?

You're not suppose to whistle in the house?

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
amc80 said:
wakingdreams53 said:
I'm all for superstitions, like not whistling in the house, but wearing a ring?

You're not suppose to whistle in the house?

I come from a Russian household. Yes, you're not supposed to whistle in the house as it is "whistling away your money"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results