shape
carat
color
clarity

What is this line going through my diamond?

GG0809

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am newly engaged and my fiancé bought me this lab diamond from Brilliant Earth. I love my ring, but I keep noticing this faint line going through the diamond.

Can anyone tell me what this is and how it affects the diamond? The ring will sometimes appear dull in certain lighting and I am curious if that line is the cause of this.

Here are the specs below and some pictures of my ring in different lighting. Any information on what this may be would be greatly appreciated!

1.52 carats
I color
VS2
Ideal Cut
Table: 56.5%
Crown height: 15% - 35
Pavilion Depth: 43% - 40.7
Total Depth 61.7%

IMG_2027.jpeg

IMG_2028.jpeg

IMG_2052.jpeg

IMG_2053.jpeg

IMG_2054.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw, congratulations on your engagement and the ring is gorgeous despite anything you might notice. No one else is going to scrutinize the ring like you will. It’s a nice size too!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, you may want to get an ultrasonic cleaner from amazon.... I have the magnasonic. Diamonds get filthy fast.

When I was first here I was like “why is my beautiful asscher suddenly grey and not performing well...” FF buying a Loupe on eBay and getting a magnasonic and boy was it filthy! I mean it was layered in dirt and oil.

So it could also be looking diffused because it needs a good cleaning.

GG0809

Rough_Rock
Also, you may want to get an ultrasonic cleaner from amazon.... I have the magnasonic. Diamonds get filthy fast.

When I was first here I was like “why is my beautiful asscher suddenly grey and not performing well...” FF buying a Loupe on eBay and getting a magnasonic and boy was it filthy! I mean it was layered in dirt and oil.

So it could also be looking diffused because it needs a good cleaning.

I will definitely be purchasing one ASAP. I have noticed that the diamond gets very dirty, very fast. So I know for the future, who do you recommend when purchasing lab diamonds?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will definitely be purchasing one ASAP. I have noticed that the diamond gets very dirty, very fast. So I know for the future, who do you recommend when purchasing lab diamonds?

I don’t really know, other than I think I would prefer hpht diamonds.

I recently bought a tennis bracelet from James Allen that is really great, but it’s only 2 ctw so the diamonds are small.

I also have MMD around my yellow sapphire ring that David Klass sourced when he made it. I don’t know anything about them other than they are beautiful.

796891 759831

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
It might be girdle reflection. You can use the search function and find a plethora of pictures from other PSers on the topic.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
To me it looks like the line across the bottom is the girdle reflection. I don't know what the darker slightly angled line above that is. Maybe stria but I don't personally know much about that.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 for Girdle reflection (presuming you're looking at the light line running roughly 10 to 4 on the clock)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results