shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the story behind your favorite piece of jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
My favorite piece (beside my engagement ring) is a ring I inherited from my grandmother. It is circa 1920''s, white gold fillagree band with a small diamond chip in the center. She got the ring in high school after being voted "Most Popular" girl in her senior class.

Sorry I don''t have a picture...but if you have a one of your favorite piece please share it with us!
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Toss up between my e-ring and the wedding band.

The e-ring was a process. We were engaged and unengaged a few times. I was so relieved when we got it and it was to my specifications. And then the insanity of constantly checking it began.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say my e-ring of course. I remember seeing a Tacori ad in a magazine when I was in highschool and thinking they were the most beautiful rings I have ever seen. My mother never got an engagement ring from my dad (it was that or a honeymoon in Europe so she took the honeymoon, they were young and poor) so her grandmother gave my mom her ring. It is a beautiful MQ, with pave split shank and engraved PLT so that was what I grew up with thinking a ring should be. Then years later after college when I was waiting tables I saw a woman with princess shaped sapphires channel set in her band surrounded my small diamonds. It literally took my breath away. The combination of sapphires with diamonds was so stunning. So at that moment I knew that I wanted sapphires in my setting. Since I knew it was unfair to expect my fi to read my mind I took it upon myself to pick out my setting. Tacori has many beautiful rings with sapphire sidestones but something about my setting just blew me away and I knew it was "me". My fi was relieved to tell you the truth. The whole ring thing was overwhelming for him. I wasn''t set on a center stone so I let him pick out the shape, size, clarity, color. We went to the jewelry store and I tried on RB, EC, Radiants, and Ovals. He fell in love with ECs. So it was a team effort which I love. I also love that even though it was set with a RB CZ in the store, there was still some element of surprise when he purposed. Of course I am bias and think that the EC looks better than the RB in my particular setting. It is without a doubt the ring of my dreams.
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My emerald encrusted cross--- gifted from my husband to me after the birth of my son. It is my favorite since it is one of the only two pieces of jewellery given by my DH (on a sentimental occasion), that was not preempted by me. And that it was a complete surprise and hidden in a perfume box makes it even more special since this doesn''t tend to be my DH''s mo. It is 12 years since I received the cross, and I never tire of wearing it--in fact I have it on today!

cheers--Sharon

njc

Brilliant_Rock
emstar.gif
I love stars
emstar.gif

For HS graduation my mother bought me a hand-made yellow gold starfish pendant from our family jeweler. She had already gotten me something so as a way to justify buying the starfish, she bought a beautiful card (with stars on it) and signed it with all my grandparents names that had passed away and wrote something about even though they arent here, they are still watching over me and are very proud.

So even though mom bought it, i always think of it as from them. Whenever i''m having a crappy week or i need a pick-me-up or i''m just plain happy i wear the necklace and think of them. I also wear it for special occasions and holidays so they can "be a part of it". My oldest brother carried it in his pocket during his graduation from Law School. I wore it for both HS and college graduation. I even had it pinned on the inside of my wedding dress, over my heart for my wedding.
face23.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2005 2:10:31 PM
Author: njc
emstar.gif
I love stars
emstar.gif

For HS graduation my mother bought me a hand-made yellow gold starfish pendant from our family jeweler. She had already gotten me something so as a way to justify buying the starfish, she bought a beautiful card (with stars on it) and signed it with all my grandparents names that had passed away and wrote something about even though they arent here, they are still watching over me and are very proud.

So even though mom bought it, i always think of it as from them. Whenever i''m having a crappy week or i need a pick-me-up or i''m just plain happy i wear the necklace and think of them. I also wear it for special occasions and holidays so they can ''be a part of it''. My oldest brother carried it in his pocket during his graduation from Law School. I wore it for both HS and college graduation. I even had it pinned on the inside of my wedding dress, over my heart for my wedding.
face23.gif

that''s so beautiful!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite piece besides my ering is a ring given to my by my grandmother, it''s been posted on PS and is in the heirloom thread. I had been taking care of my grandfather who was sick with bladder cancer. I had to come home from vacation because he needed an emergency surgery. My grandmother gave me the ring as a thank you for helping out. It''s beautiful and means the world to me. It was her mothers engagement ring and has three large OMC ''s and is set in a filagree platiunum setting. I wish I could give a link to it, but don''t know how to do that. Yup I''m an idiot, lol!!!!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Is this the one Kaleigh? It sure is a beauty!

kaleighs_grandmothers_ring.jpg

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
NJC, that has to be the sweetest story I''ve heard here yet! I got a little teary just reading it. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
emstar.gif
I love stars
emstar.gif

So even though mom bought it, i always think of it as from them. Whenever i'm having a crappy week or i need a pick-me-up or i'm just plain happy i wear the necklace and think of them. I also wear it for special occasions and holidays so they can 'be a part of it'. My oldest brother carried it in his pocket during his graduation from Law School. I wore it for both HS and college graduation. I even had it pinned on the inside of my wedding dress, over my heart for my wedding.
face23.gif
Such a wonderful sentiment and piece of jewelry. Such a lovely & touching story.
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
emstar.gif
I love stars
emstar.gif

So even though mom bought it, i always think of it as from them. Whenever i''m having a crappy week or i need a pick-me-up or i''m just plain happy i wear the necklace and think of them. I also wear it for special occasions and holidays so they can ''be a part of it''. My oldest brother carried it in his pocket during his graduation from Law School. I wore it for both HS and college graduation. I even had it pinned on the inside of my wedding dress, over my heart for my wedding.
face23.gif
What wonderful story!
1.gif
39.gif
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes Lollybear, that''s it. I just love it.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
OMG! Reading these stories are better than watching sappy ol'' movies!
39.gif

Hold on....gonna go grab more popcorn!
18.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
emstar.gif
I love stars
emstar.gif

face23.gif
njc- your story made my day...your Mom must be one special lady to think of something with so much meaning- please make sure you keep a written copy of the story behind the pendant with it so that the history and tradition will be passed on to your future heirs. So often the oral history gets forgotten and can never be replaced.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
My nana bought a ring w/ her granddaughters birthstone on it when they were born, and she wore them until we were old enough and then she planned on giving them to us. She died when I was 5 and my aunt took the ring, my aunt and uncle got divorced years later and she took the ring...we thought we would never see it. When I was 20 she gave me the ring, a beautiful garnet flower, a 1ct garnet in the center with pear shaped garnets that make up the petals...when i look at it, I know my nana meant it for me

louisesam

Rough_Rock
emstar.gif
I love stars
emstar.gif

face23.gif
what a super sweet mom you have. i must make a mental note to do a similar thing for my daughter.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Awww... thank you so much! Many a tear as come from eye when i think of my necklace. Many unspoken things have been said between me and my family. Everyone close to me knows the story. When i handed it to my brother, all i said was stick it in your pocket, he knew, i knew and we both started to cry.

I cannot begin to explain my love for my mother. We are best friends... she is a wonderful and strong woman! I love that she did this for me!

FFF - I will be sure to write the story down when i pass it on. I still have the card that came with it too.

Jesse - how special that your grandmother did that and your aunt held on to it for you!

Here are a couple pics...

starfish_alone.JPG

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Its fairly large, good inch or so... neck shot...

neck_starfish.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results