shape
carat
color
clarity

what is the price per carat?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

washparoo

Rough_Rock
What would be the current price per carat for a G SI2 stone
that is 1.07 carat?
1.0-1.49= ? per carat

Thanks for everyones imput! It is very helpful!:wavey:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
it depends on other factors such as cut, polish symmetry, certificate...

If you have this info for your stone, you can run a search from the front page and see for how much similar stones are offered in the Internet.

moediamond

Rough_Rock
$5100 per carat is the list price for 1-1.49 G SI2.
Like Leonid has said, factors such as cut quality, fluorescence, crown & pavilion angles, etc... greatly affects the final price.

crosado

Rough_Rock
I have one related question to add on this subject..

I was looking at the following diamond (this are all the specs given to me)

1.34 ct
VVS1
G color

at $6500 per carat.. No papers but guarantee return in 30 days in writting. Local stablished jewelrer. Why this price per carat seems so steep for me?

Is it because and if the information on this posting is correct, then I should expect to get nothing but excellent/ideal specs for cut/polish/symmetry from this diamond if I was to send it for certification? (GIA)

crosado

Rough_Rock
I have one related question to add on this subject..

I was looking at the following diamond (this are all the specs given to me)

1.34 ct
VVS1
G color

at $6500 per carat.. No papers but guarantee return in 30 days in writting. Local stablished jewelrer. Why this price per carat seems so steep for me?

Is it because and if the information on this posting is correct, then I should expect to get nothing but excellent/ideal specs for cut/polish/symmetry from this diamond if I was to send it for certification? (GIA)

thanks
carlos

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Crosado,

$6500 for 1.34-G-VVS1 (assuming it is correct) wouldn't be too bad. You can run a search for these parameters and you'll see GIA graded stones at about $7k/carat. You also have to check the cut of course.

All you have to do is to get this stone verifyed by an independent expert or ask your jeweler to send it to GIA or AGS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results