shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the price of this gem ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lele

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am interested by a diamond and I would like to check its price. If some of you could give me more or less the price of the gem, that would be great !
It is a brillant diamond of 1.01 carat certified by GIA.
Color : E, clarity : VS1, Table: 63 - Depth: 64.4 - Symetry : fair to good - Fluorescence : slide to medium blue.

The price I have is $ 5500. What do you think ?

I am wondering if the table and the depth are not to large and if the symetry could be an issue.

Thanks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ran a quick search on Pricescope and found the following diamond that has similar specs (except for the VS1):

1.01 E SI1
Table: 63
Depth: 64.3
GIA cert
Fluor: Faint
Symm: VG
Polish: EX
Culet: No
6.26x6.31x4.04
$4254

This is $1300 less than the stone you posted. Note also the high symmetry and polish markings.

If you wanted to go 'super ideal' cut you would get the following:

1.0 F VS2
Table: 57
Depth: 59.3
GIA Certification
Symm: EX
Polish: EX
No Culet
No Fluor
$6480
HCA score: .3 excellent

You could also consider going from a E VS1 to a F/G VS2 and seeing what sort of cut upgrade you could get for the original price of $5500. I have seen some postings of people who have gotten great deals on 1c diamonds with an excellent cut for around $5000-5500.

Without the crown and angle pavilions, there is also no way for you to find out more information on the scintillation/fire/brilliance of the diamond. If you can get these, you can find out more info using the HCA.

In general, I would suggest to keep looking..unless you really love the stone and it speaks to you. 63% is pretty large for a table, and with a depth of 64.4% you are paying alot more $$ for a diamond that is carrying more weight than it probably should. But thats just my two cents.

Good luck! :)

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Lele,

I would also add to Mara's reply
that regardless of the decision you make
it would still be advisable to have
your diamond evaluated by one of the
appraiser from the, "appraisers" list
here on pricescope...

Buy Informed!

Kirk

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
:wavey: I would stay with diameters around 6.5MM., that is actually what a 1.00ct should measure
and stay withing these parameters d=59-62 t=53-60

"shop and compare"

diamondsman :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results