shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the *one* thing you want to accomplish before you die?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there one thing that above all others you want to do before it is too late and if so what is it?

calvinandhobbesopportunity.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want my son David in a safe home with great care..and my middle son who will be oversee his care...free of a huge burden because everything was planned before we leave earth..I want David’s care to be a well oiled machine. I’m anxious for my husband to retire (again) so we can start the process of moving to Virginia and getting things organized. We plan on keeping David with us a long time but want to have options in place.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to go to all 7 continents and I have 2 left. I realize there are more important things to do but that’s what comes to mind right now. All I have left are Asia and Antarctica.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wish to have tagged and released all of the Pacific Billfish species. So far I've got four and I've only got two left, simultaneously the easiest and hardest two species to get (Sailfish and Swordfish).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ya know, I think I reached it already. I’ve loved and been loved deeply. The rest is just a bonus.
How about you missy?

I love what you wrote @Begonia and I agree completely. I am satiated in all ways that matter. I love my dh so much and I am so loved by him and I cannot ask for anything more (besides continued good health so we can have many more happy decades together). An amazing marriage to my soulmate. You are so right. The rest is gravy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to go to all 7 continents and I have 2 left. I realize there are more important things to do but that’s what comes to mind right now. All I have left are Asia and Antarctica.

That's a cool goal @AprilBaby. And very doable and hope you reach the other 2 as soon as you want to.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want my son David in a safe home with great care..and my middle son who will be oversee his care...free of a huge burden because everything was planned before we leave earth..I want David’s care to be a well oiled machine. I’m anxious for my husband to retire (again) so we can start the process of moving to Virginia and getting things organized. We plan on keeping David with us a long time but want to have options in place.

I want this for you too Joanne.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish to have tagged and released all of the Pacific Billfish species. So far I've got four and I've only got two left, simultaneously the easiest and hardest two species to get (Sailfish and Swordfish).

Good luck Jordy!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good luck Jordy!

Thanks @missy ! We've gotten all four so far on dad's current boat and we're aiming for the hardest one next (swordfish), as much as I would love to get all six from his boat I would be happy to fly north and just go get the Sailfish on someone's boat as it's a looooong way to tow the boat for a smallish billfish hahaha

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to win a political argument with a stranger on the internet.

:lol: Totally kidding! I prefer to set achievable goals for myself.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't say.
I don't operate in terms of goals, accomplishment, schedules, deadlines, or plans.

I'm not exactly a bum living under a bridge, or a millionaire, or community leader, but I do fine.
I just live.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Boston marathon on merit, not a charity spot (charities do wonderful things, I would just rather choose something and help without using it as a way to essentially buy a spot in the race).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to make it to several countries in Europe. I've led a sheltered life!:))

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't say.
I don't operate in terms of goals, accomplishment, schedules, deadlines, or plans.

I'm not exactly a bum living under a bridge, or a millionaire, or community leader, but I do fine.
I just live.

I agree, Kenny. I don't set goals, I've just never been that kind of person.
Just trying to get by day to day.
If something great happens for me, I am happy. But I don't try to make these things happen.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None. Maybe my life seems aimless but I've never had life goals.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just hope I'll make it long enough for my kids to be independent. No one's going to take care of 6 kids, therefore I hope that works out so they can grow up together as intended..

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
None. Maybe my life seems aimless but I've never had life goals.

My husband would say the same thing about me because I’m not all that career oriented. I don’t need to make a specific dollar amount to be successful, I just want to like it more days than not.

I do have fitness and life goals. Things I want to learn how to cook. I would love to have my mortgage payed off sooner rather than later. I want to make more time for my friends. I think those are goals too. Maybe not huge goals, but goals.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chemgirl
We are on the same page. Simple things like being able to pay the bills, a healthy lifestyle, and things of that nature. Nothing grand or big.

Oh, and because I want to brag, my mortgage will be free and clear in less than 1.5 years.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chemgirl
We are on the same page. Simple things like being able to pay the bills, a healthy lifestyle, and things of that nature. Nothing grand or big.

Oh, and because I want to brag, my mortgage will be free and clear in less than 1.5 years.

Congrats Chrono. That is an accomplishment indeed. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband would say the same thing about me because I’m not all that career oriented. I don’t need to make a specific dollar amount to be successful, I just want to like it more days than not.

I do have fitness and life goals. Things I want to learn how to cook. I would love to have my mortgage payed off sooner rather than later. I want to make more time for my friends. I think those are goals too. Maybe not huge goals, but goals.

Honestly I think anything that gets one out of bed in the AM looking forward to the day is a goal. At least it is for me. Like you I have fitness goals as in just workout and try to be the most healthy me I can be. I have social goals and I have many little goals. It keeps me interested in life if you kwim. It doesn't always have to be a huge goal to make me happy or content.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, Kenny. I don't set goals, I've just never been that kind of person.
Just trying to get by day to day.
If something great happens for me, I am happy. But I don't try to make these things happen.

I wonder if this is more about semantics. I look at goals as motivation for me. I am very disciplined though so perhaps that is where we are different? My goal of education was one of the most important goals for me at that time in my young life and I think anyone who sets out to obtain a good education has the goal of completing those years of school. So doesn't that qualify as a goal?

And what about achieving certain bling pieces. Isn't that considered a goal? To get a piece you love and do the research and all that background work to find it? With the goal of that beautiful bling in mind.

It's interesting how some (not saying you Stracci) perceive goals as less than positive. At least that is what I am getting from reading some of the responses here. I love seeing how different we are in some ways yet similar in other ways.

I am enjoying reading the responses.
Lofty goals and not lofty goals but all worthwhile because it is meaningful to you.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I have not known I had a do or die on my list, until the right bit of work came my way - I am finishing & it feels that way, funny thing that. There are a few small things I would love to do, but can well live without so thinking of them is happy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results