shape
carat
color
clarity

what is the next step? help me decide ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jxl

Rough_Rock
I am getting a stone from WF. It''s ideal cut. WF is doing great work sending me IS/stone image and SARIN report.
Based on paper/image, it looks good to me. ( BTW, I don''t know how to read SARIN report -- does everything 0 mean good?)

Should I have it sent to me before it''s set for inspection/verification?

Or saving a step, just have it set then sent to me for 10 days inspection/verification?

I called GIA lab -- the verification can be done after it''s set.

Thank you.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d just save the step and have it set now before your inspection/verification.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi JXL and if no one has welcomed you, WELCOME!
35.gif

WF is totally respectable - you needn't worry about the diamond. It's going to be gorgeous and exactly what you ordered!

Question - are you going with a standard setting or a custom setting?

I'm not sure how you are working the insurance, but my insurer won't insure an unmounted stone. You may want to keep this in mind.

jxl

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Sarryeyed & Kim N.

Sarryeyed, I am going to swap my current e-ring with this new stone, and make the stone on my existing e-ring to a pendant (simple solitaire double bail four-prong setting). So,
Option 1 - I have a local jeweler to take the stone out and set my pendant. Then i just send my platinum ring over. WF will change the head and set with the new stone.
Option 2 -- I have WF do everything for me by just sending my ring with the stone to WF.

My current e-ring is just a simple Tiffany 6-prong setting.

Well, I like simple stuff, but I care a lot about detail. How is WF workmanship? any input? Thanks.

BTW, I am thinking about option 2. When we shopped the e-ring 8 years ago, we had the jeweler send the stone to GIA lab for verification, then we picked it from the lab, watched the stone setting process then took it home. Now what a change!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results