shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the name of this earring closure?

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_1740 (2).JPG Hello!

These are my sterling silver earrings and I have a pair with the same type of closure in my ears right now. Both pairs were made in the USSR in 80th-90th. This type of closure is very popular in Russia now but I had never seen them being made or offered for sale here in US. Looking for a pair of settings in 14K yellow gold for round stones 5mm in diameter. The jeweler who will set my stones has this kind of mounting in his inventory https://dynasty.jewelershowcase.com...yId=11104&recommendationSource=CategoryBrowse I like it but I hope someone on PS knows where the settings with the same type of closure as I have could be found. Is it Latch Back kind of closure as shown on picture? earrings12.jpg Thank you very much for any kind of information!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’ve always called it a Russian notch-lever. But I’m not sure what the real name is.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not sure if you noticed the size on those Musia but they are listed as kids earrings...1cm in the front. Is that the size you are wanting?

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
And I am having a small kiddie size pair in my ears right now. I rarely take them off, they are very comfortable even for sleep. My daughter got her ears pierced at the age of 4, they were her first pair. I don't know what style of closure is better for daily wear than this one. IMG_1746 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
My IMG_1747 (2).JPG baby in them. I am wanting the setting for my older grandbaby's pair of round 5mm demantoids to be set.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results