shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the most adventurous thing you ever did?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And what is the most adventurous thing you ever hope/want to do?

adventurecalvinandhobbes.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most adventurous? I’d have to say zip lining. It’s way, way outside my comfort zone (I’m terrified of heights).:errrr: I spent the entire time shaking with adrenaline but I did it!

My DH and I also did a cave exploring thing years ago. It was a guided tour but at one point we were treading water, underground, with only the light from our head lamps. It was beautiful seeing stalagmites and stalactites but, as someone terribly afraid of the dark, it was also kinda horrifying. I’ve never been so glad to be back outside under the blistering sun.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most adventurous? I’d have to say zip lining. It’s way, way outside my comfort zone (I’m terrified of heights).:errrr: I spent the entire time shaking with adrenaline but I did it!

My DH and I also did a cave exploring thing years ago. It was a guided tour but at one point we were treading water, underground, with only the light from our head lamps. It was beautiful seeing stalagmites and stalactites but, as someone terribly afraid of the dark, it was also kinda horrifying. I’ve never been so glad to be back outside under the blistering sun.

The zip lining sounds like so much fun. I am afraid of heights too but I definitely want to try zip lining. I did parasailing when I was younger (12 years old) and despite being afraid of heights I had a blast parasailing. I think as long as one is moving the fear of heights is less so at least for me. If I am standing still high up I am most scared re the heights but if I am moving I am less scared if that makes sense. Haha it probably doesn't make sense but that's how it is for me.

I would be scared to do the cave exploring as I tend to get claustrophobic. Though we did do something like that and enjoyed the stalagmites and stalactites but I couldn't stay there very long so I hear you about getting out!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another easy one for me.The most adventurous thing I ever did was getting married as I never wanted to or at least that is what I felt at the time. I was very happy single and had no desire to tie myself down with one person for the rest of my life. I even had a boyfriend prior to Greg say to me the only way anyone was going to get me to the altar was kicking and screaming. LOL he knew me well. I had dated a number of wonderful men prior to my dh now and any of them good husband material but I just had zero desire to get married.
Took me a long time to reach the point I was comfortable with marrying the love of my life (Greg) and I could share stories...thank goodness he was super patient with me. And when we finally did get married I was like WTH took me so long?! Best decision I ever made but also the longest any decision ever took me lol.

The second most adventurous thing I ever did was traveling to Europe by myself at the age of 19 and spending the summer there. For sure the most adventurous thing I ever did (besides marrying Greg haha). First of all I am afraid of flying and I just sucked it up and did it and second of all I did it by myself. At a very young age. I was a young 19 not savvy like the 19 year olds today. It was between college and graduate school and I knew it was going to be the last time I could spend a summer away for a very long time. LOVED that trip so much and made lifelong friends with whom I still keep in touch. Canadian friends. It was a wonderful experience.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First most adventurous, was packing up all by myself & moving to New Zealand at the age of 27 after my father died. He had always tried to encourage me to be braver & strike out in life, so I went to the furthest place from England I could get, much to my mother & siblings shock! My brother (& eternal best friend) couldn't stand it, so moved out to stay with me 3 months later

Second would be setting up home & marrying my husband. Like you @missy I had never wanted to get married & had resisted it throughout my relationships, but the day I met my husband it was like a sledge hammer had hit me on the head. I knew that very day we would marry & luckily he felt the same. We bought a house after 5 months, he proposed after 9 months & 17 months from our first date, we married. Twelve glorious years & two children later, we still happy. Sometimes a gamble pays off!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Told my hubby yes when he said we should get married one week after meeting him. It was love at first sight and I threw caution to the wind. After over 20 years of marriage I have no regrets.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've led a pretty unadventurous life! I'm thinking about this, and I've really never done anything that gave me the willies.

I did leave engineering to move into a presales position. A big career shift for me - and I couldn't be happier. Even that wasn't much of an adventure, though - I've left all doors unlocked to go back if I want to.

You couldn't pay me to move somewhere new without friends or family. I read posts like yours, @Alex T, and I just marvel at the strength it takes to take that leap - and then not leave it up to fate but actively make it work. And it sounds like you've made a wonderful life ::)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've led a pretty unadventurous life! I'm thinking about this, and I've really never done anything that gave me the willies.

I did leave engineering to move into a presales position. A big career shift for me - and I couldn't be happier. Even that wasn't much of an adventure, though - I've left all doors unlocked to go back if I want to.

You couldn't pay me to move somewhere new without friends or family. I read posts like yours, @Alex T, and I just marvel at the strength it takes to take that leap - and then not leave it up to fate but actively make it work. And it sounds like you've made a wonderful life ::)

Shifting a career you've worked hard for is definitely a leap of faith! And it sounds like you've made a good decision with options being left open. When I left the UK it wasn't so much about strength for me at that time, but more of an out of body experience, if that makes sense? I just decided to go (I'd been on holiday there a couple of years before & knew it had a place in my heart) & once i'd made that decision, everything just sort of took on a life of it's own & just happened.

I got in touch with a recruitment agency there, had a couple of phone interviews, was offered a fabulous job & package, resigned from work, had a huge party, got on a plane & then cr@pped my pants! It was all very surreal at the time, but I had a ball. I suspect I would have made my life there if it wasn't for my dastardly ex, but I met my husband a year after coming home, so fate definitely played a part. We are planning to take the girls on a long holiday there in 2 years.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shifting a career you've worked hard for is definitely a leap of faith! And it sounds like you've made a good decision with options being left open. When I left the UK it wasn't so much about strength for me at that time, but more of an out of body experience, if that makes sense? I just decided to go (I'd been on holiday there a couple of years before & knew it had a place in my heart) & once i'd made that decision, everything just sort of took on a life of it's own & just happened.

I got in touch with a recruitment agency there, had a couple of phone interviews, was offered a fabulous job & package, resigned from work, had a huge party, got on a plane & then cr@pped my pants! It was all very surreal at the time, but I had a ball. I suspect I would have made my life there if it wasn't for my dastardly ex, but I met my husband a year after coming home, so fate definitely played a part. We are planning to take the girls on a long holiday there in 2 years.

Your girls will be thrilled to see where mum grew up!! :appl:

I grew up in NZ and Australia - Wellington, then Auckland, then Brisbane, then Canberra - before my family moved to the US. The other half and I are hoping to go to NZ next year - I'm looking forward to seeing the places I called "home" again! Though from everything I've heard it's all changed so much now - I wonder if I'll even recognize them!

I laughed at your description of a surreal, out-of-body experience. Now that - wondering how on earth you're reacting calmly to something that you know you ought to be a wreck over - I can definitely relate to!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your girls will be thrilled to see where mum grew up!! :appl:

I grew up in NZ and Australia - Wellington, then Auckland, then Brisbane, then Canberra - before my family moved to the US. The other half and I are hoping to go to NZ next year - I'm looking forward to seeing the places I called "home" again! Though from everything I've heard it's all changed so much now - I wonder if I'll even recognize them!

I laughed at your description of a surreal, out-of-body experience. Now that - wondering how on earth you're reacting calmly to something that you know you ought to be a wreck over - I can definitely relate to!

I think I have confused you (easily done as I'm a waffler!) as I grew up in the UK, moved to Wellington, but then came back to the UK, which is where I am now, raising my family. We are actually only 4 villages away from where i grew up, so my girls know my old haunts well, but they are very much looking forward to seeing NZ & all the cool places i used to hang out. My eldest craves a quiet life in the mountains & is hoping to settle in Norway or Sweden, so she loves looking through my pictures of beautiful scenery in NZ! She is only 10 though, so she'll have changed her mind a million times by then :lol: I love Australia too - you are lucky to have travelled so much!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another easy one for me.The most adventurous thing I ever did was getting married as I never wanted to or at least that is what I felt at the time. I was very happy single and had no desire to tie myself down with one person for the rest of my life. I even had a boyfriend prior to Greg say to me the only way anyone was going to get me to the altar was kicking and screaming. LOL he knew me well. I had dated a number of wonderful men prior to my dh now and any of them good husband material but I just had zero desire to get married.
Took me a long time to reach the point I was comfortable with marrying the love of my life (Greg) and I could share stories...thank goodness he was super patient with me. And when we finally did get married I was like WTH took me so long?! Best decision I ever made but also the longest any decision ever took me lol.

The second most adventurous thing I ever did was traveling to Europe by myself at the age of 19 and spending the summer there. For sure the most adventurous thing I ever did (besides marrying Greg haha). First of all I am afraid of flying and I just sucked it up and did it and second of all I did it by myself. At a very young age. I was a young 19 not savvy like the 19 year olds today. It was between college and graduate school and I knew it was going to be the last time I could spend a summer away for a very long time. LOVED that trip so much and made lifelong friends with whom I still keep in touch. Canadian friends. It was a wonderful experience.

I cant even imagine traveling alone to another country. Adventurous indeed!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Have 2 sons :lol:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I went bungee jumping with off of a train bridge (illegal I presume) when I was in college. I was visiting a friend in Northern California who thought it would be a great way to show me the SF area! I would never recommend it to anyone. To this day, I still tell people how stupid I was to agree to it. $110 for 2 jumps, so I jumped twice!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Told my hubby yes when he said we should get married one week after meeting him. It was love at first sight and I threw caution to the wind. After over 20 years of marriage I have no regrets.

So romantic!!!:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t do adventure. I maybe eat burned toast every once in a while.

LOL this is me too. With the exception of the 2 things I posted above. Adventure and I do not mix. I am what people call risk averse.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have 2 sons :lol:

That is the most adventurous thing I can imagine...having children especially sons. I don't have children but if I did I imagine I would find girls easier. My MIL had 3 boys and she was definitely born to raise boys IMO. Kudos to you Begonia as having children is the most adventurous experience of all IMO and I know you do it so well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went bungee jumping with off of a train bridge (illegal I presume) when I was in college. I was visiting a friend in Northern California who thought it would be a great way to show me the SF area! I would never recommend it to anyone. To this day, I still tell people how stupid I was to agree to it. $110 for 2 jumps, so I jumped twice!

Yikes. Well thank goodness you made it through that A OK. When I think of some of the things I did without realizing the danger it's amazing we all made it to adulthood in one piece. Whew.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meeting and marrying my DH within just a few months, that was almost 41 years ago. Second most adventurous was being a regular guest on a live TV show.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps the bravest thing I ever did was to step between two guys that were facing off and hurling insults at each other and ready to fight. There were others around but no one was doing anything to defuse the situation. There was some race-baiting involved. All I could think of was, “not on my block. You don’t!”

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moving to a new city all the way across the country at age 24 without a job or apartment lined up, and without knowing a single soul. It was a huge gamble but also a valuable crash course in learning how to be independent and self-sufficient. And I had a ton of fun along the way. :mrgreen2:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... I'm not very adventurous but I did do a mini-bungy jump in Europe. I'm not afraid of heights but definitely heart skipped a beat when I looked down! o_O

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been on MANY adventures so it is hard to pick one as being the biggest, however there is one that really does stick out in my mind.

Back in 2007 when I was just 19 years old I did a tour with my band up and down the eastern seaboard of Australia, we organised the dates in a manner so we wouldn't drive past any locations, it was all in one big circlular round trip. But what we didn't take into account was accommodation; we figured that we would sort it out while at each location but we quickly realised we weren't hanging around for long after gigs as we would have long distances to travel, and motels for an entire band are really expensive.

So at first we were trying to organise somewhere to stay each night with friends etc however after four days it was getting difficult. So we ended up just pulling over at rest stops on the side of the road, rolling out our swags on the gravel and sleeping out in the open. I remember one night I found a big basalt boulder with a flat top and slept on that, under the stars in the middle of nowhere. We did that for a little over two weeks. Oh and during that three week period I think I showered three times, one of those times being the day before we got home.

I learned a lot about just how tough people can be and what I am willing to put up with; I realised that even with no bed, no shower and no toilet - I can put up with a lot more hardship than that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been on MANY adventures so it is hard to pick one as being the biggest, however there is one that really does stick out in my mind.

Back in 2007 when I was just 19 years old I did a tour with my band up and down the eastern seaboard of Australia, we organised the dates in a manner so we wouldn't drive past any locations, it was all in one big circlular round trip. But what we didn't take into account was accommodation; we figured that we would sort it out while at each location but we quickly realised we weren't hanging around for long after gigs as we would have long distances to travel, and motels for an entire band are really expensive.

So at first we were trying to organise somewhere to stay each night with friends etc however after four days it was getting difficult. So we ended up just pulling over at rest stops on the side of the road, rolling out our swags on the gravel and sleeping out in the open. I remember one night I found a big basalt boulder with a flat top and slept on that, under the stars in the middle of nowhere. We did that for a little over two weeks. Oh and during that three week period I think I showered three times, one of those times being the day before we got home.

I learned a lot about just how tough people can be and what I am willing to put up with; I realised that even with no bed, no shower and no toilet - I can put up with a lot more hardship than that.

Amen. We don't know our limits til we are challenged beyond what we think we can endure. Life has a way of testing those limits time and again and with each challenge hopefully we are able to rise to and meet and perhaps even exceed what we once thought was impossible. Believe in yourself and know you are capable of accomplishing a lot more than you think possible. Overcoming challenges make us stronger and better and happier. Someone once said happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.

A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.– Nelson Mandela

It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.-Vince Lombardi

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
riding a roller coaster for now hehe

Haha never underestimate the courage that can take. My very first roller coaster was the one in Coney Island Brooklyn NY. It is called the Cyclone and it was the first of its kind as it is a wood roller coaster. When you get on it believe me it is very rickety sounding. Bravery is necessary. Haha.

On June 26, 1927 the Coney Island Cyclone opened in Brooklyn. The iconic wooden coaster, located on the corner of Surf Avenue and West 10th Street, is one of the oldest functional amusement rides in the United States.

Here is a photo I took of it in 2017. We go back there every few years.

cyclone2017.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results