shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the largest size stud earrings you would

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

W2W

Rough_Rock
wear everday?

I just a bought a pair of round studs that are .71 each. Of course I've already started eyeing my upgrade because I am diamond greedy and obsessed.
25.gif
Now really I don't want to trade up my earrings anytime soon becasue I love them and we are just getting to know each other. But it has made me wonder...For a person who works 9-5 everyday in a moderately conservative "corporate business casual" environment, what would be the largest size that one could wear everday without seeming flashy? What size would you all wear everyday if money were no object?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am one of those oddball people that would wear the same everyday size even if money were no object. 1ct. would definitely be the max.
26.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I would say .75 each for everyday is the max.

Of course, I happen to own and ear .75 each every day so I''m a bit biased :)

But I''m not in a business enviromment (I''m a stay at home mom) but it was not so long ago that I did work in an office so I do remember.

I think .50 to .75 is fine. Any bigger and it would seem flashy.

Enjoy your earrings :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
if money was no object i'd probably have 2c in each ear...i have a friend who has that size and it's awesome. it is flashy but i wouldn't care about that, i just like sparklies!!

but right now i have .38's in each ear which looks fine, and i am hoping to go up to around .75c each at some point soon!

oh ETA that i worked with a gal who had 1c in each ear and it was noticeable but not bad looking at all, she was conservative in other areas so the earrings were just kind of a fun addition.

W2W

Rough_Rock
Mara, you''re a girl after my own heart. I was really conservative
Date: 3/21/2006 10:08:55 PM
Author: Mara
if money was no object i''d probably have 2c in each ear...i have a friend who has that size and it''s awesome. it is flashy but i wouldn''t care about that, i just like sparklies!!

but right now i have .38''s in each ear which looks fine, and i am hoping to go up to around .75c each at some point soon!

oh ETA that i worked with a gal who had 1c in each ear and it was noticeable but not bad looking at all, she was conservative in other areas so the earrings were just kind of a fun addition.
when I bought these but I swear, shrinkage doesn''t only happen on the hand.

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
hmmm, what size are Angelina Jolie's stud earrings? I probably couldn't pull them off but they seem like a nice size.
3.gif

In reality... your size seems great, not too large.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
For me it would be 2ct total (1ct in each ear), that's my goal, but then I am not as sensitive about feeling flashy. Its definately not modest, but I don't think its overkill either.

But then again, there is the issue of shrinkage....so maybe, maybe 3ct (total) max!
9.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
For everyday wear, I would love anything between .38 - .50 each ear. Just me though ... I generally don''t like things that are too big for everday wear.

If $$ was no object ... well I might be able to get used to 1 ct each ear ... never know?

Have fun!
35.gif

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
I think 0.75ct on each ear for daily wear looks nice. For the last few years, I''ve played around with different size CZ stones 0.5 and 0.75ct to see what felt the most comfortable. Initially, the 0.75ct looked way too big, but I got used to the look real quick!
I''m in the process of buying 0.75cts now.
If money were no object, I think I''d go as high as 1.5 cts in each ear, but would have to upgrade my ering and pendant to look more proportional. I like that idea!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 4:39:30 AM
Author: iceprincess
I think 0.75ct on each ear for daily wear looks nice. For the last few years, I''ve played around with different size CZ stones 0.5 and 0.75ct to see what felt the most comfortable. Initially, the 0.75ct looked way too big, but I got used to the look real quick!
I''m in the process of buying 0.75cts now.
If money were no object, I think I''d go as high as 1.5 cts in each ear, but would have to upgrade my ering and pendant to look more proportional. I like that idea!
IcePrincess ~

Your too cute!
10.gif

More blingage on the way!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Other factors you might want to consider are the size and shape of the wearer''s face and the shape of the studs.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 11:26:24 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Hi! Other factors you might want to consider are the size and shape of the wearer''s face and the shape of the studs.
....and the size of her earlobes!
5.gif

Actually I wear 3ctw studs every day, but I have two things going for me. I''m OLD, so I figure I can wear whatever I jolly well please; and my studs are warm colored OECs. Super bright modern cut stones of that size MIGHT be too much, but then again....

widget

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Real life: .45 in each ear
Fantasy: 2 carats each year. Yeah, baby, YEAH!!!!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohhh...I have small ears. FMIL WF''s ready set go studs are .80 total weight and they look big on my ears. So I doubt I would go any larger than .5ct to .75ct per ear.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''d probably go no larger than 1ctw....I lose earrings left and right (I forget to take them out and sleep in them) so anything bigger than that would be a ridiculous waste of money for me!

I am, though, going to be purchasing some fab CZs soon..small, but I like subtle sparkle. If I lose ''em, who cares?
25.gif

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
truth be told.. As large as I could afford. It''s only $$ holding me back. I was trying to convince myself that .75 each ear would be large enough, but I was really liking the 1ct. I''m leaning towards 2ctw huggies. Thought I''d get the biggest bang for the buck that way.

abbott

Shiny_Rock
My first pair of earrings were .50 tcw, today (30 years later) I wear 3 ctw. earrings. I wear them everyday.. I figured I have saved lots of money thru the years with my upgrades because I only have to buy only one pairof earrings every few years !!! ABBOTT

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
what would be the largest size that one could wear everday without seeming flashy? Probably .75 per ear (RB)

What size would you all wear everyday if money were no object? If money were no object AND if I didn''t care about seeming flashy, I''d likely go 1 ct to 1.25 per ear (again, RB)

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I wear 1.33ct in each ear (2.66tcw.) Doesn''t seem flashy to me!

But I''m 51 and I deserve ''em!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I have .63 (1.26 ctw) pears in each ear. I think the size is perfect for me right now. I''d like 2 ctw. rounds eventually, though the older I get the bigger the diamonds are that I like. One of the pears is from my original ering so the plan is to use them in a three stone.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 11:45:29 AM
Author: widget

5.gif

Actually I wear 3ctw studs every day, but I have two things going for me. I''m OLD, so I figure I can wear whatever I jolly well please; and my studs are warm colored OECs. Super bright modern cut stones of that size MIGHT be too much, but then again....

widget
Hi Widget ~
emrose.gif

Ohhh, your studs sound gorgeous! I do love the OEC''s!
emlove.gif

Have a great day!
35.gif

kevinyonker

Rough_Rock
For a person who works 9-5 everyday in a moderately conservative "corporate business casual" environment, what would be the largest size that one could wear everday without seeming flashy? What size would you all wear everyday if money were no object?

IMHO, considering the enviroment you describe, I believe you are almost at the upper limit with your pair of .71''s...
if you don''t want to seem ''flashy'' at work. They''re the perfect size for everyday conservative business wear.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
okay people we need some serious visuals here. (You know how I like my pics)

Sundial''s 2.5 ctw.

suemartini.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer''s 2ctw

peek-a-boo.2.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
and ummmm 5.12 ctw (maybe we should start a "show me your studs" thread)

107_0724-350.jpg

107_0750-350.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i have 1 carat in each ear of good fakers. i think they aren''t at all flashy. no one has ever commented on them being big or anything. i think to be flashy you would need 2+ carat in each ear. but hey, that''s me.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really neat to see everyone''s replies and how individual people are. I currently have .48 tcw (so .24 each ear) studs in a martini setting and have been toying with the idea of upgrading to *gasp* a little under .50ct in each ear but I''m afraid it will look flashy : ) I can''t even imagine wearing a carat in each ear : ) I must admit though, I am only 29 and have small earlobes, so my .48tcw are still my sweet spot and I''ve been wearing them for 2 years now and still think they look the right size for me. They are a good cut, but I have an Ideal .305 hanging around my jewellery box which may need a mate and then a martini setting
31.gif
but then I think, well, why not upgrade to about .40 each ear of ideal cuts, then still have the good cut ones to wear when I want something smaller??? Oh the ways I can talk myself into diamonds : ) Maybe I will be laughing at writing this post in 20 years when I myself think that 1.5ct in each ear looks just fiiiiine and would make a great 50th presend to myself! : )

One thing that no one has mentioned is that it also would depend on what other jewellery you were wearing. I think if you were wearing 1.4tcw studs, a few rings and a watch that would look great and not flashy, it would be quite different than if you were wearing 1.4tcw studs and a heavy necklace and a bunch of rings and bracelets and a watch.

Oh, by the way, have you posted pics of these 1.40 lovelies?? If so, I missed it, please post the link so that I can have a looksee : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 11:45:29 AM
Author: widget

5.gif

widget

Mine are similar... 3.14ctw They''re top light brown, nearly ideal cut, and promotional quality. They were a great deal and I thought they''d be too big but after a week or two, I LOVED the size. Here''s a picture...
P1010219.JPG

... they''re like 7.4mm and 7.55mm and I have a big head so I don''t think they look too big. I get compliments almost every day.

jokerselsa

Rough_Rock
I think it does depend a lot on earlobe size. I recieved a pair of 1ctw pr.cut studs for Valentines day(1/2ct each ear).
The first couple of days I wore them I was worried they might be too flashy for everyday wear, and was thinkng about going down to 3/4 ct. But then shrinkage set in, and now they are just right. I am only 27 now so maybe when im older I will want them bigger, but dont think 2cts would fit on my lobes.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Hi All.

I wrestled with this recently...I originally wanted 1 ctw studs for everyday wear, but then when we went to a local B&M to check out relative sizes, DH thought I would experience shrinkage too quickly and recommended that I wait a while longer and get the 2 ctw instead. Haha, who am I to argue an offer for larger diamonds, right?

I''ve been trying to check out my friends'' studs in-ear lately, but I can''t really tell what sizes they appear to be... I figure, conceptually, 2 ctw is probably going to be plenty big for me for now (from 0 to 1 ct in each ear is a pretty big step)...

I think like all the previous posters, I agree that it''s pretty much a matter of personal taste, preference, and comfort level.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results