shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the largest ring/studs/tennis bracelet you’ve ever seen someone else wear in real life?

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I guess tennis bracelets aren’t that popular! I would suppose for most people who buy jewelry other than a ring (already a small subset of the population) earrings (studs) are the next go to; but TBs are further down the list and not a staple for everyone the way studs and ring are.

I too wouldn’t pay attention or notice earrings unless the person has their hair pulled back, I think that’s natural!

OMG that stone is fricking HUGE! And 12ctw emerald cut studs, wow! I just loooooove emerald cuts in studs I think they work so well and so elegant. Gorgeous!

Omg Graff has such stunning jewelry every time I’m near a Graff store I stand there, drooling, staring at all of the pretties until the people inside probably get creeped out by me. 8ct fancy yellow is like “be still my beating heart” territory! I collect pictures of my favourite Graff designs and hope someday to get pieces made that are inspired by the Graff - scaled down, modified and with less expensive stones of course, because I don’t have millions to drop on a piece of jewelry :D

It's a magical place!
You should go in, the sales associate at the one i went to is sooo super nice! Let's me try on all the incredible pieces that i wistfully sigh over & feel like a princess for a bit.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
When visiting my friend friend in Florida she took me to a charity event. A lady on our table sported a massiv round brilliant, at least 7 ct. Even more impressive was her diamond necklace with 5 rb‘s, the smallest around 2ct and then up up up. She commented on my 2ct ring with a: ahhhh, that‘s so cute. Well, I guess she was right. It did look kind of cute compared to the 7ct honker. I laughed so hard.

One of the executive assistants at work got a 7ct emerald as an anniversary gift. But the largest e-ring I have ever seen was probably around a 10ct of lower color and around 10 prongs to hold the giant boulder. This was a random stranger at an airport.

As for largest diamond studs, probably my local jewelry store owner, she wore OECs about 5ct each and was trying to sell her pre-owned 2ct each OEC studs to me. She had nice big loves to support her 5ct each studs, but I don’t think my loves could bear anything over 1.5ct each

Omg 10ctw OEC studs sound GORGEOUS! And I wouldn’t say no to the 4ctw OECs either, but if you don’t have the earlobe real estate... although, congratulations on your small lobes, so much healthier for the wallet ;-)

It's a magical place!
You should go in, the sales associate at the one i went to is sooo super nice! Let's me try on all the incredible pieces that i wistfully sigh over & feel like a princess for a bit.

I don’t live in a place with a Graff store, so I pretty much only see one when I’m travelling and I look like such a bum then that I don’t want to go in, haha. But I remember an acquaintance of mine telling me about how she went to a Graff store and they let her try on this million pound necklace from their HJ collection and I died of envy :D

When visiting my friend friend in Florida she took me to a charity event. A lady on our table sported a massiv round brilliant, at least 7 ct. Even more impressive was her diamond necklace with 5 rb‘s, the smallest around 2ct and then up up up. She commented on my 2ct ring with a: ahhhh, that‘s so cute. Well, I guess she was right. It did look kind of cute compared to the 7ct honker. I laughed so hard.

Holy crap, WOW! I misread that the first time round and I thought your said 5rbs, the biggest being 2ct and I thought that sounded reasonably substantial! Then I read it again and I was like “the SMALLEST is 2cts???” I would loooove to see this in person!

also, a 2ct ring is sizeable lol in what world is that “cute” haha.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap, WOW! I misread that the first time round and I thought your said 5rbs, the biggest being 2ct and I thought that sounded reasonably substantial! Then I read it again and I was like “the SMALLEST is 2cts???” I would loooove to see this in person!

also, a 2ct ring is sizeable lol in what world is that “cute” haha.

Ha ha - yes, the smallest was about the size of my ring. I've never seen a thing like that in my life. I think I stared a bit. I acutally didn't like the design very much, but the stones... OMG! My friend told me, that in that circle it was also quite common to have the real deal - but in a deposit - and then wear replicas with fake stones when going out. But I bet those stones were real.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely have the biggest and the most diamonds amongst my friends and peers.
The biggest solitaire diamond I’ve seen, and tried on, was a 15 carats RB.
It was when we were looking for my engagement ring. The store had a 3 carat RB but it had a carbon fleck which I didn’t like. Because I’m chatty and polite and got on with the SA, talking animatedly about diamonds and rubies (my birth stone) the store manager came over and said “you have to see this diamond ring we have. It’s been sold but Ill show it to you”.
it was massive and amazing.
”Go on, try it on” so I did ha ha.
It felt weird wearing a ring that cost as much as a house.

Ha ha - yes, the smallest was about the size of my ring. I've never seen a thing like that in my life. I think I stared a bit. I acutally didn't like the design very much, but the stones... OMG! My friend told me, that in that circle it was also quite common to have the real deal - but in a deposit - and then wear replicas with fake stones when going out. But I bet those stones were real.

Tbh if I had such big rocks I probably would also leave them in a deposit box and wear fakes around. I would be too scared to take the real deal out and about!

I definitely have the biggest and the most diamonds amongst my friends and peers.
The biggest solitaire diamond I’ve seen, and tried on, was a 15 carats RB.
It was when we were looking for my engagement ring. The store had a 3 carat RB but it had a carbon fleck which I didn’t like. Because I’m chatty and polite and got on with the SA, talking animatedly about diamonds and rubies (my birth stone) the store manager came over and said “you have to see this diamond ring we have. It’s been sold but Ill show it to you”.
it was massive and amazing.
”Go on, try it on” so I did ha ha.
It felt weird wearing a ring that cost as much as a house.

Oh wow, a 15ct rb would be insane! Like a doorknob on the hand haha. I have seen a 10ct rb before and it seemed ridiculously large to me. Can’t imagine what 15 looks like!! I would die to put that on my hand!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earlier today I saw an elderly lady with a large 3-stone diamond ring on her LH ring finger, and I would guess the centre is about 3-4ct, which is very big in UK and in my medium size town!

As for diamond tennis bracelet, one of the ladies at Diamondhouse in Antwerp who helped me with my EC diamond purchase back in 2005 wore one with each stone about 0.5ct each, and it was gorgeous - I could not help but admire it, and informed her I really liked her bracelet.

DK :))

Earlier today I saw an elderly lady with a large 3-stone diamond ring on her LH ring finger, and I would guess the centre is about 3-4ct, which is very big in UK and in my medium size town!

As for diamond tennis bracelet, one of the ladies at Diamondhouse in Antwerp who helped me with my EC diamond purchase back in 2005 wore one with each stone about 0.5ct each, and it was gorgeous - I could not help but admire it, and informed her I really liked her bracelet.

DK :))

The 0.5ct each tennis bracelet would be gorgeous! I love really BIG TBs (though I think TBs look elegant and wearable at any size).

A 3-stone with a 3-4ct centre would be big anywhere but particularly in the UK since people don’t tend to wear a lot of jewelry I have noticed! Her ring sounds fabulous!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait, what?! Is she by any chance the Queen of England and sporting the Crown Jewels?!! I‘d love to see that ring!

Hahaha. I've taken pics of the ring before. Let me see if she'll let me do it again.

She also has a 12ct RB solitaire and about 30-40 Hermes bags and several high end watches.

She's a really down to earth nicest person despite all her high-end possessions.

Hahaha. I've taken pics of the ring before. Let me see if she'll let me do it again.

She also has a 12ct RB solitaire and about 30-40 Hermes bags and several high end watches.

She's really down to earth nicest person despite all her high-end possessions.

Oh wow I’d kill to play dress up in her closet just for a day! So amazing :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
My friend's 20ct radiant solitaire ring, 6ct each studs and 1ct each tennis bracelet.

I have one question concerning the studs. I think I can kind of imagine the TB and ring, but a 6ct stud on one ear? I just can‘t . Doesn’t it look out of proportion on a regular sized ear? Obviously you‘ve see her wearing them? How does it look?

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I remember a woman who came in to the ER incredibly sick and her ring was gorgeous. Looked like a 5 ct-ish OEC. I remember telling her family that they should take it off her hand for safekeeping (she was unconscious) and I gave them a lidded container to put it in.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
In the mid 1990's I lived in Zurich, Switzerland, and some of the stores along the Bahnhofstrasse were incredible. I remember trying on a fancy yellow emerald cut tennis bracelet that was over one million US dollars! (This would have been 1996 or 97.) I was just a poor 20-something who was browsing and made a comment that it looked pretty in the case. The store owner didn't bat an eye and suggested I try it on. I didn't know how much it cost until after it was on my wrist! Would love to know how much that piece would cost in today's market! I don't remember much about it other than it was vintage, the diamonds were a lovely bright lemon yellow, and each diamond looked to be well over two carats. I didn't know enough about diamonds at the time to ask any of the stats. That was definitely the most amazing jewelry piece I've ever seen in person outside of a museum.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one question concerning the studs. I think I can kind of imagine the TB and ring, but a 6ct stud on one ear? I just can‘t . Doesn’t it look out of proportion on a regular sized ear? Obviously you‘ve see her wearing them? How does it look?

HUGE!!! lol

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I was at a restaurant and sat next to this older couple at the counter/bar. The woman had what looked like 6-10ct MRB that looked to be ideal cut (soooo sparkly), colorless (probably D to be honest), and it was so clean. I was by myself so I was starring at her ring the entire time, hopefully I didn't make her feel uncomfortable. I think she had 3-4ct equally spec'ed studs in each ear (6-8ctw total probably). It was absolutely stunning! The couple was so cute (sharing all their food), friendly, and down to earth!

I actually have seen 12ctw earrings in person (owned by a friend of a friend - and that lady HALOED her boulders) and it actually was bigger than her earlobe but it didn’t look bad at all - quite the opposite really :lol: ;)2

I was at a restaurant and sat next to this older couple at the counter/bar. The woman had what looked like 6-10ct MRB that looked to be ideal cut (soooo sparkly), colorless (probably D to be honest), and it was so clean. I was by myself so I was starring at her ring the entire time, hopefully I didn't make her feel uncomfortable. I think she had 3-4ct equally spec'ed studs in each ear (6-8ctw total probably). It was absolutely stunning! The couple was so cute (sharing all their food), friendly, and down to earth!

Oh that sounds divine! Classy and stunning and so eye popping :D

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

In the "Show Me Your Studs" thread I remember seeing a young lady with that size studs (or at least very close to it.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results