shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the largest ring/studs/tennis bracelet you’ve ever seen someone else wear in real life?

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Nope Gaga but Kate Perry are humongous as well

sunshowers

Rough_Rock
The biggest diamond I’ve ever seen was on the finger of a coworker. I think she said it was somewhere around 5 or 6 carats. I didn’t know a thing about diamonds back then, but I knew it was really, really big. She told me that she only worked for fun because her husband made plenty of money.

I don’t see much big diamond jewelry in this chill PNW city. There’s a lot of money here, but people tend to spend it on houses and cars. It’s not at all unusual to own a 7 figure house just because property is so expensive... even I own a 7 figure house, and I don’t consider myself to be well off at all.

Most of the women I know have diamond rings 1 carat or less. If anything, the advent of lab diamonds means that I see a lot more really young, newly engaged women sporting bigger stones in the 1.5 to 2 carat range. Not huge by any means, but bigger than what I’m used to seeing. Mine is less than a carat, and I think about upgrading it all the time while drooling over the rings I see on Pricescope... but I think I would stick to 1.5 carats or less.

barbie86

Shiny_Rock
I live near London in the UK.

The biggest ring I have seen was a 5ct round; haven't seen many tennis bracelets, and I would say the average earring is a 0.5-1cg stud (each ear).

So pretty boring lol

AJ37

Rough_Rock
Been binge-reading all of the “how big is big” and “what is the largest size you would wear” etc threads on PS because it’s super entertaining to me :D and it made me think of this question.

Could be someone you just saw at a distance at a party, or someone in your social circle. Could be in your city or on holiday. You can estimate the size for yourself or post the “true size” if you know it. Really just to give us all things to dream about :D

I would say the largest ring I can think of that I have seen is a 13 or 14ct emerald cut ring on an acquaintance of my mother’s. The biggest studs, belonging to a friend of a friend, are these HUGE 6ct each boulders (and she has them set in a halo!!!) - they are bigger than her earlobes. The biggest TB I’ve ever seen (was more of a bangle style though, but stones all around) was 1ct each stone - so 30cts I would guess? - on the wrist of this woman I don’t know at a party. Just stunning.

Eager to know yours!

What dreams are made of!!

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was at an underground restaurant once and a lady across from me had an emerald cut diamond that covered much of her knuckle. I finally couldn’t help myself and asked nicely if I could look at it (meaning - “would you hold your hand out so I can see it?”). She popped it right off and plopped it in my palm. It must have been 10x12 or larger and was icy and clear in a very plain solitaire. Just gorgeous!

My grandfather lives in a super fab retirement community and if you want gossip or amazing jewelry, go for brunch. His last girlfriend had a huge transitional cut, probably 10mm, and very large studs. His new girlfriend is slightly more subtle but has a big juicy marquis that I have yet to get a good look at.

I was at an underground restaurant once and a lady across from me had an emerald cut diamond that covered much of her knuckle. I finally couldn’t help myself and asked nicely if I could look at it (meaning - “would you hold your hand out so I can see it?”). She popped it right off and plopped it in my palm. It must have been 10x12 or larger and was icy and clear in a very plain solitaire. Just gorgeous!

My grandfather lives in a super fab retirement community and if you want gossip or amazing jewelry, go for brunch. His last girlfriend had a huge transitional cut, probably 10mm, and very large studs. His new girlfriend is slightly more subtle but has a big juicy marquis that I have yet to get a good look at.

Damn the eye candy at the retirement community sounds fab!! Also that lady with the emerald cut ring is such a boss. I would honestly never remove my ring to let a stranger try haha.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I haven’t seen huge diamond rings outside of jewelry stores and PS meetups. It’s probably because Silicon Valley was casual before athleisure wear was a thing.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock

I want to end up in that retirement home!

How do you all know these massive diamonds are not simulants? That would be my assumption over a certain size.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I was just thinking of this thread yesterday. I met with a new doctor and her studs must have been 2-2.5ct each, I was trying not to stare. Studs that size aren’t unheard of in my area but I tend to see them more when I’m out to dinner or at an event rather than daily wear.

Like others have mentioned, I don’t tend to see many tennis bracelets except for one acquaintance who wears a tennis bracelet made from 0.5ct stones. She had one a bit smaller that she stopped wearing so she had it remade into a ring and some earrings for her daughter in law and nieces.

I was just thinking of this thread yesterday. I met with a new doctor and her studs must have been 2-2.5ct each, I was trying not to stare. Studs that size aren’t unheard of in my area but I tend to see them more when I’m out to dinner or at an event rather than daily wear.

Like others have mentioned, I don’t tend to see many tennis bracelets except for one acquaintance who wears a tennis bracelet made from 0.5ct stones. She had one a bit smaller that she stopped wearing so she had it remade into a ring and some earrings for her daughter in law and nieces.

2-2.5ct each is an awesome size for studs! I think for me if I do ever buy another pair of studs (unlikely) this would be my ideal size (ofc also mad expensive and not worth the money to me, but I digress).

Repurposing a tennis bracelet into a ring and earrings is a very smart idea! Also her TB of 0.5ct each sounds like a dream!

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I want to end up in that retirement home!

How do you all know these massive diamonds are not simulants? That would be my assumption over a certain size.

Believe me, we all want to end up in that retirement home!

His last girlfriend’s I knew was real because her kids fretted that she would lose it as her dementia got worse. The new girlfriend’s I suspect is real, too. There’s lots of glitz there that I suspect is costume, but at Sunday Brunch and on holidays, the good stuff comes out.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen what I think is probably around 2-2.5ct on randoms I've seen at parties or out.

I've never seen tennis bracelets or necklaces at all really. At concerts occasionally you get a glimpse of what might or might not be a tennis bracelet, but not enough to actually clock it properly. Because of that I'm just going to say, I haven't seen them.

Earrings are mostly around 0.25-0.50ctw I'd guess and pendants around the same size.

Lots of people wear an engagement ring, 2nd favourite is studs, and pendants are much less common.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results