shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the difference b/w an Idealscope and a Brilliance scope? Sarin report?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Yoga

Rough_Rock
I would like to buy a scope to view my diamond, and was reading Dave Atlas'' site and also www.goodoldgold.com ... but now I am confused. It seems that the ideal scope (similar to the Japanese fire scope) measures the light return. Isn''t that also what the brilliance scope does? Are they the same thing or are they two different tools, and can you even buy (as a consumer) a brillance scope?

Also, what does the sarin report tell you?

Sorry for being so ignorant!!! Thanks for taking the time to respond!
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
An Ideal-Scope tells you when a round diamond is returning the most light or if it is leaking some or a lot of light. it is a performance tool. It does not give a numerical result.

A BrillianceScope does similar, but provides a relative readout scale.

The cost difference between the I-S and the B-S is a vast one. The I-S is $25 and the B-S is thousands.

A Sarin report gives you cut data not provided by the GIA. It is useful in making preliminary choices about which stones are potentially the best ones to buy. It is useful information.

Yoga

Rough_Rock
Well I certainly won't be getting the brilliance scope! I guess I will order the ideal scope .. this works for fancies too, right?
confused.gif
I have a pear.

I know my fiance got my stone evaluated by an independent appraiser here in Florida and had a sarin report and brilliance scope done, but a report was not generated (he is going to "offically" appraise it for the insurance this week and I will get the reports then).

THANKS!
twirl.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
I guess I will order the ideal scope .. this works for fancies too, right?
----------------

1.gif
[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results