color
clarity

What is the Deal with Cubic Zirconia?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jso72

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! I am so very happy with it.I am having Dan set 6mn OM cut stones into earrings (I posted a pic of the stones on the show your fashion jewelry thread) & I'm trying to decide what stone to get next.Lol, very addictive.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I love cz, good to know I can buy slightly tinted ones as well as icy white. My engagement ring is cz, bought because I fell in love with the cut, but the ring is very lightweight in 14k white gold. Someday I would like a better setting. Czs' do seem to wear on the facets but as I don't wear my er (or any ) rings doing housework it is not an issue. I have tons of cz rings, they are so fun, I can have many looks for a tiny price. 009.JPG 003.JPG

mjea

Shiny_Rock
So i have no self control. I got a 7mm OEC and a 10x8 antique cut elongated cushion. Do you guys think I'll have pushback when I take them to local jewelers to get set? I do plan on placing them in gold settings. Any ideas about how well these will wear? I was thinking I should treat them fairly carefully (taking off before showering or working out)...
I have a 12x10 rose cut from Shan and I set it in white gold with tiny diamond melee. It’s my travel ring and so far so good after 2+ years! I don’t generally wear any jewelry in the shower or while working out though I wore it to the beach a few times because I forgot to take it off if that helps! I think it’s like a lot of gold and gemstone jewelry in terms of care and caution.

teddycake

Rough_Rock
They arrived yesterday! I think they're very pretty. They are super sparkly in the light. The OEC is colorless but I was able to snag her 'tinted' shade for the elongated antique cushion.

oec1.jpg

accccc.jpg

acc1.jpg

knlnj.jpg

I'm just wondering how to set these. I think I want them both as rings. Would it be crazy to set them in gold? I'm a little worried about how they will wear over time. Should I do sterling silver/plated instead? Do they look plasticky?

Wow, that elongated cushion is BEAUTIFUL! I've had her stones in my cart for ages now, but don't know how I'd manage to set them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results