shape
carat
color
clarity

what is the cost of resetting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

civictypesi

Shiny_Rock
we bought our e-ring & w-band 6 months ago but I just finally got one of those loupe/scope/magnifying glasses and see that the one black inclusion on my stone (at the edge) was not covered w/ prongs.

Just out of curiosity, what ballpark #s am I looking at to have them reset the diamond so that one of the prongs do cover the inclusion on the edge? I never noticed it until I got out that loupe/scope/magnifying glass. While I never noticed it w/ my naked eye, now that I know where it is, I know where to look for it with my naked eye and hence am so paranoid. Plus, my family's one of those people who will use these loupe/scope/magnifying glasses and will give me a hard time.

EDIT: yes, to reset by the company that made my rings & mounted them. (same setting; just need diamond rotated so prong covers inclusion on edge). I'm wondering if the diamond was set this way b/c of the way the arrows are pointing - is that how jewelers set diamonds? if so, will that make my ring look weird if i ask them to rotate the diamond so the inclusion is hidden?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
You need to speak directly to your jeweler, but if you just need the diamond rotated a bit in the existing mounting so that a prong covers a visible inclusion, they would probably be willing to do that for you without charge. This is assuming the ring and stone were purchased and mounted by them.

If you''re looking for a different jeweler than the one who initially made your ring, the cost should still be minimal.... I''d expect <$100.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Into the same setting? I don't think it would cost too much. The setting fee at my local jeweler was <$100.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was quoted $120 here in SF to set a diamond into a setting not purchased from them - it was free for their customers.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the jeweler who sold it to you might do it for free, or for a very small price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results