shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the better choice b/n these two?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the second stone better. The cut parameters are tighter, it''s cheaper, and it will still be super white. Ask if it''s eye clean and don''t forget about the ps discount.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
for me that would be a ''no brainer''
the second is bigger, has a (current!) ags0 grading report, scores well on hca and is slightly less.

no brainer!

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Easily #2.

Its cut better, which is most important.

Its larger, which is probably most important to her (or at least up there).

Its cheaper, which is great.

Its cheaper because (1) lower color and (2) lower clarity; BUT - you will almost certainly be unable to see any difference between an F and a G, and in any event, the better the cut, the whiter a stone appears face-up, so the better-cut G may seem more white anyway.

As for the clarity, people around here are big fans of SI1''s, which represent a great value if eye-clean. Unfortunately, the WF diamond appears to have clouds under the table, so you definitely want to check with WF that its eye-clean. Although I can see the inclusion(s) in the magnified photo, I imagine they''d be difficult to see, even though under the table, in real life.

The idealscope image on the WF ACA, btw, is unreal.

30.gif

ceylonfan

Rough_Rock
What do you think about the inclusions? The SI1 inclusion is dead center?

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
You have to ask WF, they''ll tell you the truth. Its basically impossible to tell how acceptable they are by looking at the cert, or even a magnified picture, alone.

fatkid

Rough_Rock
I bet you it''s eye-clean... (phone WF to confirm)

-r.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2007 4:18:34 PM
Author: ILikeBond
You have to ask WF, they''ll tell you the truth. Its basically impossible to tell how acceptable they are by looking at the cert, or even a magnified picture, alone.
absolutely.
give them a call and ask, they will tell you exactly how eye clean the stone is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results