shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the acceptable off culet % for gemstones please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops heading was supposed to read OFF CENTRE $

Would appreciate some help as I have seen % varying greatly. Should I stick within a range of under 2% please?

Thanks

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all depends on your tolerance. I don''t go by percentages because many stones don''t have a cert. I just eyeball it. As long as the culet isn''t so far off to one side as to affect the overall look, I''m all right with that.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exactly. To me, colour is the number one factor by a long shot. Coloured stones are a different game from diamonds. Imho, they can''t be judged by the same cut standards.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 12:08:06 AM
Author: Harriet
Exactly. To me, colour is the number one factor by a long shot. Coloured stones are a different game from diamonds. Imho, they can''t be judged by the same cut standards.
bingo! you are the winner!

there are some that are collectors who distained native cuts and inclusions who now adore those traits as giving a stone personality. the prime "c" is color.

mz

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks once again guys

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re welcome. How''s the search coming along?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results