shape
carat
color
clarity

What is one thing you would change about your ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
What is one thing you would change about your/fiance's ring, or about the process in which you obtained it?

I figured this question would really help those of us who are going through the process. Also, what perhaps is the best part of the ring you chose (to end on a positive note)?

Thanks,
Can't wait to hear your responses!!!!!

Meraj

Rough_Rock
I would say to take your time - at the minimum 6 mos. I think these forum sites are very very helpful. I would check out other diamond forum sites that are available. Also, go to EightStar Diamond web site. In addition, go to the various ring setting sites to get ideas such as Michael Devlin Jewlers web site.

I thought I knew everything after 1 month but I was absolutely wrong. There is more to the 4 C's than you think that aren't found in brochures but found by reading the various web education sites and forums. Everyone has their 2 cent worth so you need to be sure that you are open minded about the various views and use the info wisely.
1.gif

elgar

Rough_Rock
Forget about getting a deal! Just pick a reputable online jeweler that you have researched and a lot of other people trust and buy the rock. Those who search for a deal (like me) eventually find one only to later find out that one of the oldest lessons in the book is true, you get what you pay for!!

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I have a .69 ct round diamond (H, SV1) set in white gold with 2 baguettes on the sides totalling .30 ct. It is a very classic design and I knew right away that's what I wanted, but as time goes on (and even soon after the wedding) I realized I should have looked more at the different styles out there - like Edwardian. (very ornate and unique).
I guess I've always wanted the center diamond to be bigger (maybe 1.25 carats) but at the time money was tight.
I still love my ring though and it has a high flourescence so it looks much whiter than it actually is - a bonus!
Good luck and remember - bigger isn't always better, but usually it is! (hee hee)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely do all the research. After 2 months...I thought I knew so much that it was going to be foolproof to make a smart decision. Well 3 months after that I knew 1000% more and then another few more months and I knew more. You will keep learning, so do not rush the decision. It is unfortunate that many people find this forum when it's too late or when they have a few weeks before the big decision. I definitely think that 6 months is a great period of time to research thoroughly, there is so much to learn and sometimes it took multiple posts on the same or similar subjects for me to really GET what it was all about.

My one thing I would change? My center stone would be bigger. The prongs would be smaller. Okay that's two things. A third one is that my ring is a little too big because I have larger knuckles and it feels loose and since I have diamonds all the way around, eternity style, it is really hard to resize so I am pretty much stuck with it. Moral of that story is to be sure you have the right size !
1.gif

Oh and diamond shrinkage is a real disease. Happens to the best of us. I love my stone and my ring, but of course if my fiance offered me a 2c stone I'd fall swooning at his feet in ecstacy!
1.gif

Above all...HAVE FUN! Don't get stressed out, it should be a fun purchase and in the end if you are down to 'splitting hairs'...that means you have two amazing stones to choose from and you did good.

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results