shape
carat
color
clarity

What is max percentages on AGS 0 ,Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rattlerfxr

Rough_Rock
Hello Anyone,

What is the maxium percentages I should see for a AGS 0 stone?

Example:
no more than

57% table
62% Depth
34.5% crown angle
41.5% pav angle

Can anyone give me a maxuim not to go over in there opinion?
Thanks in Advance
read.gif

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
rattlerfxr,

Dave Atlas has a really good site http://gemappraisers.com/chrt.htm. That link goes straight to the section you are asking about, by the rest of his site is interesting.

Happy Hunting,
Stu

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rattle!!!

Usually I prefer 54 to 57 table, 60 - 61.9 depth, 33.9 - 35 crown and pavilion up to 41... But these are simply my tastes... Try to avoid steep/deep stones (eg 35.8' crown with 41.1 pav)
1.gif
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Rattlerfxr, do you mean angles (degrees) or depth (%)? The numbers you posted are for crown and pavilion are angles not %.

Note, all these proportions should go in balance. One component can be compensated by another. E.g. deeper pavilion can be compensated by shallower crown.

.[/u]

pam-i-am

Rough_Rock
AGS Ideal proportions:

Table Diameter: 52.4 - 57.5%
Crown Angle: 33.7 - 35.8°
Pavilion Angle: 40.16 - 41.25°
Girdle Thickness: Thin, Medium, Slightly Thick
Culet Size: None, Pointed, Very Small, Small, or Medium

I found this information on pricescope.com. It is an excellent website and very informative.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Keep in mind that the range for the AGS Ideal Cut rating is just that... A range... And it seems to us that it was created with the concept of making it broad enough that the cutters would be willing to submit diamonds to the laboratory in order to obtain the AGS Ideal Cut rating... So the better cut stones seem to be within the center region of the range... We prefer the tighter cut stones cut within the following range:

Total depth between 59 - 61.8%
Table diameter between 55 - 56%
Crown angle between 34.3 - 34.8 degrees
Pavilion angle between 40.6 - 40.9 degrees
Girdle: thin to medium, faceted or medium, faceted
Culet: GIA None or AGS Pointed
Polish: GIA Excellent or AGS Ideal
Symmetry: GIA Excellent or AGS Ideal

However, there are many ideal cut diamonds which are cut outside of this range which are quite beautiful... For instance, the total depth might be 62.4% because the crown angle is 35.3 degrees and the girdle is slightly thick, but the diamond is likely to be quite pretty if the pavilion angle is within the range specified above... It seems like deeper crown angles work well with shallower pavilion depths and vice versa... Happy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results