shape
carat
color
clarity

What is HCA?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TEA

Rough_Rock
Can Someone explain it? Where to get HCA report?

TEA

Rough_Rock
Leonid: I sent you an email about 2 hrs ago. Did you get it?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Yes and I replied to your Yahoo account!

Check you PM too.

TEA

Rough_Rock
Thanks, leonid:

HCA scores:

1.1 - Excellent - within TIC range

Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread or diameter for weight Very Good

Is HCA 1.1 better than 1.5? I tested other stones, some even got 2.2 but only VG, VG, VG, VG, with "Worth buying if the price is right"

confused.gif

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
As I've said before, the HCA is but one tool to use in evaluating a diamond. There are many factors not accounted for. I believe it's a good tool, but certainly not the only one.

Of course, your eyes are the best tool of all
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
TEA:
----------------
Is HCA 1.1 better than 1.5? I tested other stones, some even got 2.2 but only VG, VG, VG, VG, with "Worth buying if the price is right"
----------------
As it says on the Cut Adviser page:

"A score below 2 (Excellent) means you have eliminated known poor performers (more than 95% of all diamonds). Your own personal preference may be for a diamond with an HCA score of 1.5 more rather than one with a lower score of say 0.5."

Simply put, once you found a stone with HCA < 2 you shouldn't base you decision on HCA but consider other factors to make final decision.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
In my limited experience, I have not found the HCA to be a reliable
tool for measuring the 'beauty' of a diamond.
-----------

Ideally your eyes would be the best tool for eliminating poor performing stones and deciding on the best candidate.

However, internet buyers don't have the luxury of looking at dozens of stones to narrow down their search. For them, tools like the HCA, BrillianceScope, IdealScope, Diamond Grading Reports, etc will help them eliminate poor performers and concentrate on choosing between the cream of the crop.

Taken in that context, the HCA is an excellent tool to help level the playing field for the consumer. Much better than nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results