shape
carat
color
clarity

What is GALA???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JHyde

Rough_Rock
Is the gemologial appraisal laboratory of america, Inc. reputable? Are their appraisals ok? anyone have luck with them in the past?

JHyde

Rough_Rock
the web link is www.gemlab.com

I have won an auction on ebay and the appraisal is from them..
-J

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Well, judging by their site they certainly seem to have their act together. It's tough to tell without seeing their report, but the site doesn't give me a negative impression in any respect.

You might want to call three or four local jewelers in that area, and ask them their opinion on the lab. Local jewelers are usually "in the know".

Let me know whatever feedback you get. I'm curious myself.

JHyde

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help...I couldn't upload a pic of the appraisal because it is too large, but you can veiw the appraisal by cut and pasting this link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2607759375

I just won this auction on ebay and I am concerned about getting scammed here...$5,000 seems like a great deal for a 1.12 carat vs2 H tiffany's ring... and it may just be a GREAT deal, and the seller has GREAT feedback, but I am suspicious about a few things...
1)The estimate
2) the seller hasn't sold ANYthing in 6 months
3) if I use paypal, I may not be able to stop payment on my credit card (because I am using a third party) if the ring comes and it is not as the appraisal claims or worse yet glass or CZ...
I could also pay by personal check or postal money order...and send it so the person has to sign for it...that might be good if i get scammed..what do you all think?
Thanks so much for your help..this forum and everyone on it is wonderful and helpful! If this deal falls through I am definitely coming here next!
-Jonathon Hyde

justme

Shiny_Rock
Jonathon -
I private messaged you regarding my dealing with the original seller of this diamond to the ebay seller. Did you see this? If not when you log on to pricescope look to the right hand side of the top title bar above the forum posts and you will see an envelope with private message click on this and you can read my private message to you.

My concern is with a past (December 2002) experience with Euroantiques & gems the retailer who sold this diamond to your private seller. I have explained the whole experience in the PM.

Justme

JHyde

Rough_Rock
I got your email...thanks alot for taking the time to give me advice
1.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... I just viewed the appraisal. It gives just the barest of parameters: weight, measurements, color and clarity. Pretty shoddy work for someone representing themselves as a lab.

If it's properly graded and the cut is class 2B or better, then the price is good, whether it's genuine Tiffany or not.

Do you have a right of return period if it doesn't check out?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results