shape
carat
color
clarity

What is considered a "bargain" when going by RAP sheet price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluethunder

Rough_Rock
The guy selling this stone wants $11000. Does anyone know the RAP sheet price of this diamond? Is $10000 a good offer?

Posted this diamond earlier:
round
7.27-7.36 x 4.61
1.53 carat
depth 63.0%
table 59.0%
girdle: med. slightly thick
faceted
cutlet: no
polish: good
symmetry: good
clarity: vvs1
color: g
flourescence: no

This diamond is GIA certified. It is clean from the top and has three pinpoints when viewed from bottom.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is not the bargain of a lifetime. It is not ideal cut, but may be a nice stone, although a little on the deep side. Some other important aspects of cut are not in your details so I can't get a complete picture.

It is between 35 and 40 percent off Rap. Fair enough, but not so very "special".....

Hope that helps. I'd encourage more shopping. Unless you have a very specific reason, I'd suggest a better cut stone with a bit lower clarity, in order to keep the price range nearly the same.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Again, and I am going to be blunt & brutal, IMHO, you are wasting your money with a VVS1 stone in this size. Plus, it's not the best cut. It's slightly out of round & it's quite deep.

You are spending *alot* of money. You have every right to be picky. Save yourself some money. Buy a G/VS2 stone w/ a much better cut. That to me would be a bargin.

Unless this stone just speaks to you as must have, I would drop 10 & punt.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results