shape
carat
color
clarity

What is channel bead set or channel pave set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have examples of channel bead set or channel pave set? (are they one in the same?)

If so, could you please, please post them. I really want the look of pave but the security of channel set. I´m assuming that channel bead set or channel pave set is much more secure than just bead set/pave set?

Many Thanks

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard the team "channel pave set" before. Do they mean beadset? Here is a picture of a beadset band. It has a metal edge like a channel set band, which gives it some protection from knocking out stones, but the stones are actually set with tiny prongs.

yukigvybb.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a picture of a traditional channel set band where the stones are set using the channel and a series of notches within the edge.

honeywedring0004bb.jpg

pannini

Shiny_Rock
I had the same exact concerns. Would love to know if anyone could give some feedback on the security and images of a closeup of a channel bead set....and what is it''s difference with a pave set?

pannini

Shiny_Rock
Also, isn''t this a pave setting, why does the description on Pearlman''s call this a channel setting? Does pave within a channel mean the same thing as a bead channel setting?

Ritani link

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results