shape
carat
color
clarity

What is/ are your vice(s)? ''fess up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
My vices are small
1.gif
:

Books, definitely. I can''t get enough, and it''s extremely difficult for me to get rid of them.
Netflix - I don''t really like going out to a movie, but I love to watch movies (and documentaries, and TV series, etc, etc) at home. My Netflix queue has several hundred titles on it, and I''m constantly adding more so it never gets smaller.
iTunes - It''s silly, but if I''m having a rough day, it really lifts my mood to go to iTunes and buy a few songs, especially if they''re songs I remember from high school/college.

Otherwise, I''m pretty simple. I actually like to window shop more than I like actually buying things. The possibilities are endless when you''re window shopping!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Umm, okay, men. I LOVE them. Of course, I''m always faithful to my husband, but I have a thing for Gary Allan. HE''s my FAVORITE! (country singer) He lets me stroke his legs at his concerts. And, Chris Cagle, I got to hug him and had to keep myself from gnawing on his neck. I wanted to smuggle George Strait home in my trunk. (But, his wife was there.) Most of the guys let me molest them a bit on stage. Emerson Drive, Montgomery Gentry, Daryl Worley, Chris Brock. In fact, Chris Cagle came directly to me to ogle my goodies then gave my husband a high five. Harry Connick,Jr. sang TO ME. That means he wants me, right?

Oh, and then there''s Gary Allan some more. I should stop there.

Obviously this is all spurred on by beverage....
33.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love good beer. I''m not like most women in that I really like beer more than wine and I appreciate different kinds of beer and like to taste various beers from different countries. Hubby and I are considering a trip to Belgium...beer, chocolate, and diamonds oh my! I also like diamonds (big surprise) and jewelry in general. My smaller vices are green olives...I eat at least a few every day, Badger football, dark chocolate, tea, and marshalls shopping. I love digging for a bargain.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is scary how much I love shopping. It really gets bad and when the bills come in I have to be extra nice! When I have a lot of events to plan for, I start shopping and planning early so I have the outfits and stuff all worked out.

I love getting my nails done, and my newest vice is blow outs three times a week. I have long thick wavy hair and hate it. I have fibromyalgia so holding a dryer up for an hour is out, and in the winter I cannot go out with soaking wet hair. I like to work out so I need it done three times a week. I also love these scalp treatments at my salon, in between color and cut I do one and it makes my hair look great. I just love to sit in the salon with a book and have someone rub my scalp. Could sit there all day.

I am ADDICTED to these Troll beads. I googled and saw all the stars wearing them and sit on line designing bracelets. It is so fun to look at all the beads and imagine all of the combos. It is an artistic outlet to me...

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 10:10:03 PM
Author: Lynn B
Haha, fun thread!

1. Hair products. I have a whole closet shelf full of them. Apparently I have this irrational (wishful) thinking that the next bottle/tube/tub of hair gel/pomade/wax/sculpting lotion/texturizer/spray is going to be *THE ONE* to make my hair finally look FANTASTIC! (HA!)
2. Make-up. I LOVE all of it, have zero willpower, and have hundreds of eyeshadows, mascaras, lipsticks, glosses and blushes... in every shade, hue and color. It''s a sickness.
3. Fabric. I am a sewer and a quilter and I ADORE and collect fabric. I could open a small store with the fabric I own. Another sickness.
4. Cookbooks and cooking magazines. LOVE THEM! I do cook, and I do use them... so maybe that''s too ''practical'' to be considered a ''vice''? But I doubt that I need 200+ cookbooks!?
Lynn, I am all over this one. Shampoo/conditioner FETISH. And wouldn''t you know, none of ''em are making my hair look any different than it always does.

My main vice is Express Editor pants and their classic button-down shirts. Last I counted, I had 14 pairs of Editors. And it''d be silly to say that I''m wealthy enough to be throwing around that kind of cash on THAT MANY pairs of the same cut of pants. But they''re so spiff!!

Also Starbucks chai. Well, white mocha chai to be exact. If I quit spending money on hair products, Editors, and chai, I could buy a new car. But whatever!
9.gif

LadyJ76

Rough_Rock
CHEESE! I have at least 7 different kinds in my fridge right now. Of course this brings me to my next vice...the gym. Gotta work off all that cheese! Why oh why couldn''t I be addicted to veggies??

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
My vices: MUSIC, my dogs just adopted a new one (thread on that the puppy later), paintings, books, jewelry, ballet - theater, vintage clothes, candles, art deco anything, restoring furniture and old homes, PS, good for you food that is yummy. I have tons more just can not think anymore tonight.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2007 12:26:28 PM
Author: Mara
oh i also absolutely love getting a mani and pedi...i have gone to my same place for almost 8 years now...and they are fabulous. i go at least once a month and sometimes twice if i have vacation or trip coming up...i just like to sit there and zone out while they massage my legs and make my feet pretty!! def worth the $$. guess i never really considered it a ''vice''...hehee.
You have really pretty feet, Mara. I wish I could make mine half as pretty as yours. I guess even ped''is can''t work miracles (huh?). LOL!

Love that toe ring of yours too!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2007 5:01:50 PM
Author: HollyS

Haha, fun thread!

1. Hair products. I have a whole closet shelf full of them. Apparently I have this irrational (wishful) thinking that the next bottle/tube/tub of hair gel/pomade/wax/sculpting lotion/texturizer/spray is going to be *THE ONE* to make my hair finally look FANTASTIC! (HA!)
2. Make-up. I LOVE all of it, have zero willpower, and have hundreds of eyeshadows, mascaras, lipsticks, glosses and blushes... in every shade, hue and color. It''s a sickness.
3. Fabric. I am a sewer and a quilter and I ADORE and collect fabric. I could open a small store with the fabric I own. Another sickness.
4. Cookbooks and cooking magazines. LOVE THEM! I do cook, and I do use them... so maybe that''s too ''practical'' to be considered a ''vice''? But I doubt that I need 200+ cookbooks!?

I CAN SO RELATE TO THE HAIR PRODUCTS! i''VE BEEN KNOWN TO SELL MY ''LOSERS'' AT GARAGE SALES FOR A QUARTER EACH. BUT, THE SHAMPOOS THAT DON''T WORK ON HAIR MAKE TERRIFIC SHOWER GELS AND BUBBLE BATHS. THE CONDITIONING AGENTS IN SHAMPOOS MAKE THEM GENTLE ENOUGH FOR YOUR SKIN.

What is it about women and make up and hair products? It must be a genetic thing ! LOL. My husband asks me frequently how many bottles of shampoos and hair products does a person have to have?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2007 10:03:34 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Umm, okay, men. I LOVE them. Of course, I''m always faithful to my husband, but I have a thing for Gary Allan. HE''s my FAVORITE! (country singer) He lets me stroke his legs at his concerts. And, Chris Cagle, I got to hug him and had to keep myself from gnawing on his neck. I wanted to smuggle George Strait home in my trunk. (But, his wife was there.) Most of the guys let me molest them a bit on stage. Emerson Drive, Montgomery Gentry, Daryl Worley, Chris Brock. In fact, Chris Cagle came directly to me to ogle my goodies then gave my husband a high five. Harry Connick,Jr. sang TO ME. That means he wants me, right?

Oh, and then there''s Gary Allan some more. I should stop there.

Obviously this is all spurred on by beverage....
33.gif

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
You''re my HERO!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 10:21:39 PM
Author: Harriet
Skip, you''re making me crave a nice afternoon tea.
Harriet, you are cracking me up
rotflmao2.gif
I don''t think I saw your vices just you commenting on mine and Miranda''s. Are those yours too? Cake? Tea? hehee

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
lienTN~

I''m glad to be of service!!

But, for some reason, i get into more trouble at concerts than in all the rest of my life....
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2007 10:46:06 PM
Author: lienTN
Date: 9/10/2007 5:01:50 PM

Author: HollyS

Haha, fun thread!

I CAN SO RELATE TO THE HAIR PRODUCTS! i''VE BEEN KNOWN TO SELL MY ''LOSERS'' AT GARAGE SALES FOR A QUARTER EACH. BUT, THE SHAMPOOS THAT DON''T WORK ON HAIR MAKE TERRIFIC SHOWER GELS AND BUBBLE BATHS. THE CONDITIONING AGENTS IN SHAMPOOS MAKE THEM GENTLE ENOUGH FOR YOUR SKIN.

What is it about women and make up and hair products? It must be a genetic thing ! LOL. My husband asks me frequently how many bottles of shampoos and hair products does a person have to have?

One of my friends tells me that when he sleeps over at his GF''s house he loves to take showers because he just takes a little from each bottle and plays around with them.

I''ve restricted myself to 2 shampoos, 1 conditioner, and 3 facial washes. I mix them together and rub them on. I love my Biore self-heating blackhead scrub. It feels wonderful. As long as I feel pretty and smell pretty, I''m going to use as many bottles as it takes.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Magazines of any kind, fashion, home & decor, or gossip. I am also addicted to Perez Hilton''s website - gotta love me some celebrity trash!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results