shape
carat
color
clarity

What is a macule?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I don''t even know if I have the term right. A jeweler was trying to tell me that it is two diamonds bonded together. Man-made? How would this affect the diamond''s durability, beauty, cut?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A macle, is a flat, shallow, piece of diamond rough. These are used sometimes with rose cuts and trilliants.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I was looking at a beautiful 1.4 carat I SI2 stone, and I remarked that I couldn''t see any inclusions even though the plot (HRD certification) showed small red dashes just inside the girdle on the pavilion side. He said it was a macle. It''s measurements are really good (ACA 1B), but would this be a huge red flag? I''m thinking great price as it is SI2, and I can''t see anything! All in all my husband and I felt it was a wonderful stone.

What are your thoughts?

RingHunt

Rough_Rock
A macle is a flat triangular rough diamond crystal. Sometimes they cut trillions out them. There is a different UK English spelling that I forgot.

It''s twin octoheadron crystals that have have spun 180, and flattened.

They can look really nice and sparkly still in the rough.

It''s quite hard to get a good price on them. You can find a stone that''s $200 in one place being sold for a $1000 in another. The best place to get them is in Antwerp at industrial diamond dealers.

Paul

RingHunt.com

RingHunt

Rough_Rock
This are tiny, and ugly. Some are quite nice.

macles.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results