shape
carat
color
clarity

What is a good price for this diamond?

Ayyo_ao

Rough_Rock
Just found this place and really wish I would have sooner. I just purchased this loose diamond on Rare Carat and ran it through the HCA and got a 3.6... Kinda disappointed. I paid $3725 for this .75 F VS1, did I overpay?

Thought I was getting a good deal. Best I could find locally was a .63 F VS2 Ideal for $3150 and it scored a HCA of 1.1...

Kind of bummed. Did I make the right call?

Here's a picture of the GIA Screenshot_20220427-071143_Chrome.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For close to the same amount of money, you could have gotten a much better cut stone, so in that sense you may have overpaid. If you just purchased the diamond, can you return it and start over?

Ayyo_ao

Rough_Rock
For close to the same amount of money, you could have gotten a much better cut stone, so in that sense you may have overpaid. If you just purchased the diamond, can you return it and start over?

Where can I find such a stone? Yes it is refundable.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are two super-ideal cut diamonds. Whiteflash is highly regarded for selling among the best cut stones anywhere and having a generous upgrade policy.

These two are F VS1, not as well cut as the other two but still better cut than your RareCarat stone.

Ayyo_ao

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the great feedback guys. I'm digging white flash and have requested a refund for my other diamond.

I want the best possible cut .75ish, F+, VS2+ stone for around 4k

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Also check out Victor Canera, Brian Gavin, Distinctive Gem, JannPaul, and Diamonds by Lauren.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's possible to get a "high" G that is very close to an F. You could pick three or four of your favorites and ask WF for a side-by-side photo to compare the color.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
If you're looking for a .75ct stone, I think you can save some extra cash and go G or even H. It depends what you plan to do with it but if you're going to set it as a solitaire in yellow gold, the F+ is not going to be noticed. If setting in white gold and with other (high colour) stones, then by all means pick F+.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results