shape
carat
color
clarity

What is a fair price for this large rock/stone only!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aquisitions*

Rough_Rock
Hi.. I'm looking at an emerald cut diamond w/these proportions (there is a GIA cert). 14.47 x 10.31 x 6.70mm
9.06 carats
depth: 65.0%
table: 62.0%
girdle: think to very thick
cutlet: none
polish: good
symmetry:good
clarity: vs2
color: K
fluorensence: noneThe diamond has a nice shape (tennis court).. looks very nice for its color grading. I, of course, do expect the dealer to make some profit--but not a huge one. It's an estate diamond and I believe he's getting it from another dealer. Stone only. What would you experts consider a fair price for this stone? Any assistance would be most appreciated!!

aquisitions*

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your note. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else on this. His price is $64,000. Is there anything comparable on the internet at a better price?? Or, a better stone at the same price?? Any advice would be most appreciated. I've shopped pricescope.com, but have not found anything better there.Again, replies most appreciated!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Aquisitions,Proportions are looking good indeed. It is hard to say about price. In the internet 8.38 K-VS2-EGL emerald is listed for $5700 per carat. GIA should be more expensive. Say $6k-$7k per carat... looking at about $60k total. That could be even higher because you are getting it not from the Internet...

aquisitions*

Rough_Rock
Hello Starlight...Thanks for your note. I'm encouraged.The dealer is actually an estate guy I've dealt with and made purchases from for the past ten years (this is an anniversary stone I'm looking at!). I have also referred an incredible amount of business to him... and asked him to "please, please.. return the favor on this purchase" by giving me the best deal he can. In any case, I do trust him.Thanks again for your nice note and the research that you did.NOW, one more question. For the time being, we're setting in platinum only with no side stones. He told me he sends all work this large to New York and quoted a price of $1200 for the platinum ring setting made specially for the stone. Fair? Again, I don't expect him to lose money on the deal nor vacation in Europe on my purchase!!
smile.gif

Hi Aquisitions;Custom work is always more expensive than volume orders, and for the size of your center stone, it´s going to need more platinum than any usual ring! I´d say the price sounds OK indeed! If you´re a regular for this fellow and have sent a-lot of business, I´m sure he´s treating you fairly!There are other things to consider in the pricing; things such as good service, the security of buying from someone you´ve known and trusted for years, etc., all these things might make paying " a little more" the better deal!

moediamond

Rough_Rock
HI Acq,How are you?
I can give you 10 different examples of EGL as well as GIA stones better priced than Pricescope.
Please send email to me.

Hi Acquisitions!The proportions of this diamond are indeed a beauty. And if this is what you want; go for it. The price is a fair price. Considering you haven´t been able to find it´s equal on pricescope, then it would be pretty hard to find it somewhere else!I tried to compare it with some of our stones in regards to pricing. However, of the 15,000 certified stones we have, only ONE came close (and not that close!) in similarity. The specifics are;Emerald Cut; 7.16cts., I color, SI1 clarity, 72.10 depth, 72.00 table, Fluoresence Faint (which actually helps the I color look whiter) and measurements 13.3-8.85X6.38, EXCELLENT polish, GOOD symmetry, GIA certified. Price is; $46,970. (Rapp List is $72,700 dlls; so it´s 35% below).Now in your stone´s case, Rapp List Price is $79,120 dlls., so it´s priced 20% below Rapp, which is not bad at all! I was quite impressed! Many jewelers rarely sell below Rapp.However, if you saw it, liked it, afford it; GO FOR IT! This diamond will pass on from your generation, to the next generation, to the next generation, so what a joy to be the one to choose it, buy it, and wear it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results