shape
carat
color
clarity

What is a diamond with the following specs worth?

bigterpsfan

Rough_Rock
Shape - Round Brilliant
Carat weight - 1.37
Color - E
Cut - Excellent
Clarity - VS1
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Flourescence - Faint
Table - 54%
Depth - 61.2%
Crown Angle - 34%
Crown Depth - 15.5%
Stars - 50%
Lower half - 80%
Pavilion Angle - 40.8%
Pavlion Depth- 43.0%
Girdle - Thin to Medium (2.5%)
Cutlet - None
Diameter - 7.19mm-7.23mm x 4.41mm

Diamond is in perfect condition

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which lab graded it?

"Worth" depends.

Is this for sale NEW of Fifth Ave. in Manhattan, new from an Internet vendor? which one? or used at a pawn shop in Detroit, or used on eBay/Craigslist?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
is this the diamond you posted about earlier? did you purchase it?

bigterpsfan

Rough_Rock
It is GIA and yes I purchased it. I heard diamonds have gone up in value and I was wondering what it was worth.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bigterpsfan|1314401103|3000904 said:
It is GIA and yes I purchased it. I heard diamonds have gone up in value and I was wondering what it was worth.

Where did you buy it?
Did you buy it NEW on Fifth Ave. in Manhattan, new from a mall jeweler in Oklahoma? or an Internet vendor? If so, which one? or used at a pawn shop in Detroit, or used on eBay/Craigslist?

The "value" of a diamond depends on where/how it's sold.
A common misconception is, a diamond has only one value no matter what.
That applies to a troy ounce of gold, but not to diamonds.
Sorry, just the truth.

Also civilians selling used diamonds can only expect from 50 to 70% of what they paid.
Sorry, just the truth again.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
It's hard to match exactly but I seem some options for around ~$20k. Where did you buy yours? Is it branded super ideal? The ones I saw were not and that can impact price.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

are you thinking of selling it?

bigterpsfan

Rough_Rock
I bought it from an independent jewler in Vienna, VA. It was brand new and is only abut 8 months old. No, I am not interested in selling because it is sitting in a platinum band on my baby's finger. She gets compliments on it all the time regarding sparkle and clarity. This diamond is simply a pleasure to look at, and often times when around friends someone says "I just can't stop looking at it!" I am just wondering what a diamond of this caliber goes for these days?

bigterpsfan

Rough_Rock
I bought it from an independent jewler in Vienna, VA. It was brand new and is only abut 8 months old. No, I am not interested in selling because it is sitting in a platinum band on my baby's finger. She gets compliments on it all the time regarding sparkle and clarity. This diamond is simply a pleasure to look at, and often times when around friends someone says "I just can't stop looking at it!" I am just wondering what a diamond of this caliber goes for these days?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh good! I thought you had proposed and was hoping your FI was still enjoying the ring :) If you want to get an idea of comparable prices you can do a search on PS (under Resources)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As slg says, a search on the PS database should be enlightening if it's a branded (H&A? fancy RB?) type, or if not I like Blue Nile's gigantic database to look at non-branded GIA/AGS stone prices.

bigterpsfan

Rough_Rock
Thanks forth info. seems like ~$20k

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Due to recent price hikes, I'd consider having the stone reappraised for insurance purposes. If it is insured for the price you paid when you bought it, you'll not likely be able to replace it with the same specs. I recently did this and was astonished to find out how much my stone had increased. No one wants to pay higher insurance but replacing it out of pocket is even worse!

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
kenny|1314401204|3000905 said:

Where did you buy it?
Did you buy it NEW on Fifth Ave. in Manhattan, new from a mall jeweler in Oklahoma? or an Internet vendor? If so, which one? or used at a pawn shop in Detroit, or used on eBay/Craigslist?

Sorry, just the truth.

Also civilians selling used diamonds can only expect from 50 to 70% of what they paid.

where on earth do you get this idea from? i'm guessing you've never cruised my listings of craigslist NOR were you the "lucky" purchaser of my sister's tiffany vs1 g .82 rb platinum ering PLUS band that she stupidly sold years ago for ONLY $2500! if i were in the market/knew the value, i wouldve snapped it up in a heartbeat!

there DEFINITELY ARE deals to be found.

i fully disagree with you.

AND btw, i got my beautiful princess-cut ering at a pawn shop in detroit for a great deal! and i'm damn proud!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
anitabee|1315151795|3009597 said:
kenny|1314401204|3000905 said:

Where did you buy it?

Sorry, just the truth.

where on earth do you get this idea from? i'm guessing you've never cruised my listings of craigslist NOR were you the "lucky" purchaser of my sister's tiffany vs1 g .82 rb platinum ering PLUS band that she stupidly sold years ago for ONLY $2500! if i were in the market/knew the value, i wouldve snapped it up in a heartbeat!

there DEFINITELY ARE deals to be found.

i fully disagree with you.

AND btw, i got my beautiful princess-cut ering at a pawn shop in detroit for a great deal! and i'm damn proud!

But... that's exactly Kenny's point!! There are deals to be had -and therefore the monetary value of a diamond varies hugely depending on where and when you bought it and wish to sell it. I think you completely misunderstood what he was trying to say...

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
If there are still deals to be had on diamonds, someone please point me in that direction. Forget ebay. The drop shippers on there are using the same data base as here, but tacking on hundreds of dollars for themselves. Mom and pop sellers are using appraisal values as the price they want. Pawn shops around here have junk and it is not cheap. Craig's list scares me because I have been reading about problems associated with it.

CedarRapids

Shiny_Rock
ruby59|1315158982|3009647 said:
If there are still deals to be had on diamonds, someone please point me in that direction. Forget ebay. The drop shippers on there are using the same data base as here, but tacking on hundreds of dollars for themselves. Mom and pop sellers are using appraisal values as the price they want. Pawn shops around here have junk and it is not cheap. Craig's list scares me because I have been reading about problems associated with it.

There are "deals" (obviously not half-off or something ridiculous like that) here and there as described in the thread below:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/both-aca-e-vs1-but-big-price-difference.165227/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/both-aca-e-vs1-but-big-price-difference.165227/[/URL]

The diamond I bought a couple of weeks ago was suspiciously lower than expected (about 8-12% lower). I was happy because the 4Cs of the diamond was pretty much what I was looking for. So, I feel lucky in that regard. I didn't have to spend extra to save a few bucks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results